Page 194 of 295 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Tbh if Dick even comes back....is there really anything left for him to do? He has his 2 love interests that no one will budge from. He was already Batman. He's had good solo runs with Higgins, King/Seeley this decade. What more can be said about this character? I'm not trying to insult the character, I grew up with Robin and as an adult, Dick became my fav char.
    It sounds like your just bored of him
    I don’t hear people asking what Wonder Woman will do next?

He’s gonna put back in his mask and stop crime

There definitely has to be a change at the top of DC for things to really get better. As things are now, the only reason we might not get a Ric-type situation again in a couple years is that they'll actually remember how poorly it sold and know better, but common sense is not too common in DC offices. "Dick Grayson is back" is not worth celebrating when it finally happens, it should be the bare minimum lmao.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It sounds like your just bored of him
    I don’t hear people asking what Wonder Woman will do next?

He’s gonna put back in his mask and stop crime
    Nope just seems like he's gone through everything. Going back to bludhaven for example and blockbuster. Percy's run with NW was almost a Green Arrow 2.0 with Nightwing constantly throwing a 'I hate tech' line every issue.

If something interesting comes up great. But I don't have expectations for that.

Percy’s Green Arrow didn’t like technology?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Percy’s Green Arrow didn’t like technology?
    Percy's GA had him traveling across the United States with a political/social issue. He was getting NW started with that too, with the truck to drive across the country and a mission that too much technology is bad.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Percy's GA had him traveling across the United States with a political/social issue. He was getting NW started with that too, with the truck to drive across the country and a mission that too much technology is bad.
    What I don't like about Percy is his plot and his voice of the characters can be really unsubtle. In Nightwing he makes Dick sounds like an old man who hates technology, in DC You Green Arrow he made an antagonist who provides the police force with a profiler robot that looks like a super evil black scary octopus during the time where awareness of white cop shooting black people was at its height, and in Rebirth Green Arrow he has Emiko randomly say thugs shouldn't objectify her when nobody's objectifying her.

I still like his Dark Web idea though. Just need to work on subtlety.

Nope just seems like he's gone through everything. Going back to bludhaven for example and blockbuster. Percy's run with NW was almost a Green Arrow 2.0 with Nightwing constantly throwing a 'I hate tech' line every issue.

If something interesting comes up great. But I don't have expectations for that.
    He could go back to Blud whilst also doing the globe trotting adventure. He can have new villains, new side characters. A bunch of his supporting villains and associates have barely been explored. Tiger, Raptor, his foes when he was Batman, the run offs, Shawn, the Skull Girls.

I was excited for Percy's vertigo arc. Lets have Dick do more detective type arcs where we get to see him showcase his other skills. There's plenty to do with Nightwing just need a writer keen to take him for a wild ride.

Percy tens to write a lot of the same things or at least gets in a flow of writing about specific topics or themes. Not a bad thing unless you switch to a character where that current flow of certain topic/theme doesn't really fit with another. Like his GA to Nightwing transition.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He could go back to Blud whilst also doing the globe trotting adventure. He can have new villains, new side characters. A bunch of his supporting villains and associates have barely been explored. Tiger, Raptor, his foes when he was Batman, the run offs, Shawn, the Skull Girls.

I was excited for Percy's vertigo arc. Lets have Dick do more detective type arcs where we get to see him showcase his other skills. There's plenty to do with Nightwing just need a writer keen to take him for a wild ride.
    the problem is that none of those characters are in or from bludhevan. Everything that's important to dick is outside of bludhevan and writers will have to keep coming up with reasons for these characters to show up in bludhevan.

Bludhevan doesn't work. Just send dick on adventures around the dcu where can show up anywhere and everywhere and truly be the heart of the dcu like people say he should be.

Im really enjoying Nightwing on Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    the problem is that none of those characters are in or from bludhevan. Everything that's important to dick is outside of bludhevan and writers will have to keep coming up with reasons for these characters to show up in bludhevan.

Bludhevan doesn't work. Just send dick on adventures around the dcu where can show up anywhere and everywhere and truly be the heart of the dcu like people say he should be.
    Here we go again. Bludhaven seemed to work fine enough for over a hundred issues. Bludhaven isn't the problem, hell it's a victim just as much as all the other screwed over heroes like Dick. It died because Dick was supposed to die because of Dan Didio. Destroying Bludhaven and everything Dick built there and shifting away for over a decade made the city fade away. Dick isn't the problem, just like his name isn't the problem, or the Robin costume, or whatever superficial BS people want to say this week.

DC is the issue. We have seen time and time again that the current heads at DC can't and won't do anything about the damage they are causing to Dick and a countless list of other characters. The mismanagement is going to continue regardless of people blaming Bludhaven or whatever you want about Dick. The HEADS DON'T CARE. Nightwing is still selling, quality doesn't matter. If Dick sells well, okay. If he doesn't, okay. He isn't a priority but he seems to have a very big and very vocal fanbase so just throw some half assed creative team on the book and it'll sort itself out. Things will never be like they were before the reboot for Dick or anyone for that matter. No matter how many stories or old elements become canon again. Something needs to shift soon otherwise stories like Ric will become the norm.

The biggest issue with the mismanagement is that we don't really know this Dick Grayson too well. We have barely seen him during his Robin days, barely know anything about his relationships with the new version of the Titans or even some members of the bat-family and definitely with the larger DCU, how he transitioned into Nightwing, etc. One of the reasons why I think the Grayson series is as beloved as it is, is because we actually got to learn about him as a character. Most of his series since the reboot are exploring everything around him like his old friends from Haly, the Court, Sonia Zucco, Chicago and the anti super stuff. It wasn't really about Dick, just events and characters he was tied up in. Seeley's Nightwing stuff needs to be revisited by the Nightwing creative every single time before they start working on the next issue. Dick is why we read the book. If the character stuff is good, I'll read an issue where he watches paint dry. What's important to Dick is saving people and being a decent person, as long as you have that you have a good Nightwing book in my opinion. A story like Ric has merit, it's basically Knightfall but what if it was terrible in literally every way. A fall from grace and rising again is a great story, that's why people like Knightfall and DKR. The reason those stories will be remembered for all of time and Ric will be a black mark that only hardcore nerds will remember just to scoff at is that those stories were approached as stories. There was cohesion between books and editors, things are foreshadowed and follow a logic path. Ric is just a mad scramble to fill air time, there's a slot to fill so let's fill it with a popular idea and whichever writer is waiting in the bullpen so we can justify the paycheck we are giving them and kill two Nightwings I mean birds with one stone.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Dick is everywhere these days, but the comics still treat him like he isn't one of DC's most popular characters. He is with the likes of Flash, Harley and Superman. DiDio and co. don't really care. They don't care about money or fame Dick brings. They just want to keep on sabotaging Dick Grayson as a character. Dick Grayson is comic's greatest underdog. Greater than Batman, Spider-Man, etc. because of his growth and not even DC can bring him down. Dick Grayson rules!

Mighty Member

Hey DC can you hear all of these? Ofcourse, you don't. Because you never listened to your fans. But unlike you we care and we will never give up.

Extraordinary Member

Sounds like your just bored of the genre

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Dick is everywhere these days, but the comics still treat him like he isn't one of DC's most popular characters. He is with the likes of Flash, Harley and Superman. DiDio and co. don't really care. They don't care about money or fame Dick brings. They just want to keep on sabotaging Dick Grayson as a character. Dick Grayson is comic's greatest underdog. Greater than Batman, Spider-Man, etc. because of his growth and not even DC can bring him down. Dick Grayson rules!
    They don’t care until it can’t be ignored, that’s why titans has to be a success