Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    That seems terrible. Makes sense but it’s just some bullshit that won’t last.
    I mean we all know Dc isn't anywhere near retiring Bruce permanently but if they're going to do replace him for a while I'm just hoping for a decent story that doesn't show him in a bad light. Bruce taking time off to raise a baby is much better than him taking time off cos he got with his long term GF

Incredible Member

Omg, I'm so excited! My question is will Selina be pregnant or do they go back and resurrect the Helena Kyle story and reveal her to be Bruce's kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    As long as King isn’t the one who deals with most of it, then I’m ok with it. Surely she doesn’t get pregnant and have the baby within the 12 issue mini. If so then it ties the hands of Tynion and will most likely make zero sense within the rest of the DCU OR they end up making it an Elseworld sort of thing. I guess we’ll see.
    That's why I suggested a kid that's already here.

Incredible Member

This actually could be the big status quo change then. Giving him another kid, a daughter with Catwoman, is to me an even bigger deal than marrying them, because I can see that sticking around and other writers wanting to play with that idea (a girl Robin, little sister to Damian, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    This actually could be the big status quo change then. Giving him another kid, a daughter with Catwoman, is to me an even bigger deal than marrying them, because I can see that sticking around and other writers wanting to play with that idea (a girl Robin, little sister to Damian, etc).
    What if, the Gentle Man comes back, Bruce and Selina take his place fighting the hordes for a few hours again, they return with Helena as a child.

Don't know if they would go for this, but that seems like the most plausible explanation to get a grown Helena without time-passing and without them aging.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    What if, the Gentle Man comes back, Bruce and Selina take his place fighting the hordes for a few hours again, they return with Helena as a child.

Don't know if they would go for this, but that seems like the most plausible explanation to get a grown Helena without time-passing and without them aging.
    That seems incredibly lazy. I could see King doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

Necessarily, you don't age in whatever realm the Gentle Man fights in.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Easier fix is have Helena Kyle be revealed to be Helena Wayne. Plus king also just Tweeted that we'll see a lot of Batman being a dad in Bat/Cat. I wonder if this set in the future and we get to see Bruce and selina raising Helena. Hence why he retires to keep his daughter safe. Which was why Selina gave her up in the 1st place. That would be a responsible move.
    I would prefer to see him fix his relationships with the children he already has to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I very much doubt that we would get writers exploring a little sister to Damian since it's Batman's book. Following Batman. More like exploring batman and selina as parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I would prefer to see him fix his relationships with the children he already has to be honest.
    Same but that's not something Bat writers or even DC are that focused on. Even when the writer is willing DC isn't a fan. According to Tomasi he had to fight for the family focused arc in his Superman run. He was told that that's not what fans read comics for. Where's the action? Where's the villains?

I don't know what data they have access to or how TPTB can be so sure of the above. I like the family. I thought plenty other fans did as well but I could be wrong.

Same but that's not something Bat writers or even DC are that focused on. Even when the writer is willing DC isn't a fan. According to Tomasi he had to fight for the family focused arc in his Superman run. He was told that that's not what fans read comics for. Where's the action? Where's the villains?

I don't know what data they have access to or how TPTB can be so sure of the above. I like the family. I thought plenty other fans did as well but I could be wrong.
    So, if Helena Kyle shows up, it means another crappy and abusive relationship? No thanks.

I really do not get DC's perspective on this matter. They could just have things gradually get better - really, just have him quit treating people like crap - without dedicating page time to actually fixing it, and I would accept that. I'd rather see relationships explicitly fixed with story devoted to it, but I'd take less, if I could get it.

He can fight villains while having a good relationship with his kids - he did so for many decades.

I really liked the family focus Superman from Tomasi - yeah, I'd have liked some more DP, but the family was the best thing in Superman in a long time. Alas, that's gone down the tubes. But that's a topic for the Superman forum.

Easier fix is have Helena Kyle be revealed to be Helena Wayne. Plus king also just Tweeted that we'll see a lot of Batman being a dad in Bat/Cat. I wonder if this set in the future and we get to see Bruce and selina raising Helena. Hence why he retires to keep his daughter safe. Which was why Selina gave her up in the 1st place. That would be a responsible move.
    Completely defeats the purpose - that Selina, having a child that is not Bruce's, is just as worthy of being a partner as Bruce, who has a child that is not Selina's. It's still a double standard where he can have someone else's kid and she can't. That only a child of Bruce's is important or deserving of inclusion in the universe. Selina's child isn't important unless it's Bruce's is not something I'm okay with. Similarly, I wasn't too happy with Sin being put on a bus, while Ollie's kids all stayed included. Probably moreso with Dinah, since she wasn't invented for Ollie the way Selina was for Bruce. But then the non-Roy members were discarded in reboot. Also disappointing.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 09-21-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Completely defeats the purpose - that Selina, having a child that is not Bruce's, is just as worthy of being a partner as Bruce, who has a child that is not Selina's. It's still a double standard where he can have someone else's kid and she can't. That only a child of Bruce's is important or deserving of inclusion in the universe. Selina's child isn't important unless it's Bruce's is not something I'm okay with. Similarly, I wasn't too happy with Sin being put on a bus, while Ollie's kids all stayed included. Probably moreso with Dinah, since she wasn't invented for Ollie the way Selina was for Bruce. But then the non-Roy members were discarded in reboot. Also disappointing.
    I was suggesting that more as a solution to making a canon Batcat kid viable with the highest probability of surviving to be honest. While getting rid of the whole Selina sleeping with father and son which wasn't very popular with fans.

I doubt that the reason Selina had to give up her kid is the one you mention. Most likely DC didn't want to age her or want her out of commission while the baby grows to a reasonable age.

Also it keeping the baby would have Selina seem like a bad mum since the kid was in constant danger. I bet it was more profit based than double standards.
    I think anyway.
    If they can have Bruce date murderers and prostitutes then surely a single mum isn't an issue. That downright respectable/wholesome in comparison.

Batman is a hero known for raising kids he did not father, don't see why Helena Kyle would have been any different.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-21-2019 at 06:20 PM.

So, if Helena Kyle shows up, it means another crappy and abusive relationship? No thanks.

I really do not get DC's perspective on this matter. They could just have things gradually get better - really, just have him quit treating people like crap - without dedicating page time to actually fixing it, and I would accept that. I'd rather see relationships explicitly fixed with story devoted to it, but I'd take less, if I could get it.

He can fight villains while having a good relationship with his kids - he did so for many decades.

I really liked the family focus Superman from Tomasi - yeah, I'd have liked some more DP, but the family was the best thing in Superman in a long time. Alas, that's gone down the tubes. But that's a topic for the Superman forum.
    It's odd. If we can get Batman and Jarro's sweet relationship then why can't we get the same with other kids? Or is it cos Jarro isn't human so it's more a gag?

Incredible Member

My sentiments exactly. King's Bruce, a terrible human being and a crappy/abusive father, gets a happy marriage and a baby as reward for being terrible for 85 issues...why? Or is he suddenly going to be the perfect parent for her? Because if he is, well lucky for the baby, sucks to be everyone else I guess.