Page 484 of 668 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 10014

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what makes you so sure that anything is being interrupted for this? Its a fun idea and for all we know all the writers are on board with it and are using it to incorporate their current plotlines to advance the story. This isnt going to be like XoS where the books were derailed and the writers lost control of what they could tell for that month
    Do you think it's more likely that in the pitch for some of these books they planned to tie in to HG or is it more likely that they had to work it in because of editorial mandate? "For all we know" works both ways.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    If all of that spells imminent doom, then how the heck is the USA still around?
    Mutant powers accelerate decline?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Maybe in a vacuum this makes sense, but Marvel has long had a poor practice of overstuffing the year with events and they shouldn't get a pass because it's only a month or people can opt out or what have you. Some of us are only picking up one or two books, and we now have to choose between missing an issue, picking up an issue that will be disconnected from the rest, or buying a ton of extra books to stay in the loop. That shouldn't be acceptable – and I'm not saying Marvel has to change from the top down immediately but this practice should slow down or something.
    You dont. This isnt a traditional crossover. Only 4 issues are important to follow the story. The rest just show different characters at different points in the night

Maybe in a vacuum this makes sense, but Marvel has long had a poor practice of overstuffing the year with events and they shouldn't get a pass because it's only a month or people can opt out or what have you. Some of us are only picking up one or two books, and we now have to choose between missing an issue, picking up an issue that will be disconnected from the rest, or buying a ton of extra books to stay in the loop. That shouldn't be acceptable – and I'm not saying Marvel has to change from the top down immediately but this practice should slow down or something.
    At least this one is just one shots, so if aren't reading other 11 books you can pick just the book you are reading. XOS was a mess tht you needed to read most of books

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You dont. This isnt a traditional crossover. Only 4 issues are important to follow the story. The rest just show different characters at different points in the night
    ...and early on they said that all the writers involved were already writing their single issues specifically with the HFG in mind...so...they were not forced to stop what they were doing and mandated to write the HFG instead...nothing is being derailed or pushed back.

And even if you are only reading one book out of the eleven, it's not as though you are going to be left confused...there will be review/summary threads for every book all over the place.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

I am sure we have all read enough crossovers of all styles to know whether we like them or not and why, no?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Except this is not a crossover or even tie-ins, in the truest sense. Each book is telling it's own individual story just centred around the HFG "theme".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

DC made the right choice in switching distributors then, although it hurt the guys at my LCS.

Why should every single book, including some that are still only two or so issues in, be interrupted like this? If they'd made this an oversized issue plus the Planet Size X-Men I would've at least considered buying them, but this approach guarantees I'll opt out. Maybe I'm in the minority but I also can't be the only one who feels that way.
    Diamond isn't actually at fault the printing stopping though, when the stay at home order was issued every industry and factory was hit from agriculture, printing and even medical supplies were put at halt.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    With so many angles and directions in play...the How and Why of Krakoa's "ending" is not as predictable as some may believe.
    I have a theory. I believe that in the ending of the run, there will be a crisis in Krakoa which Moira is somehow responsible. She will start to think that SHE is the common denominator of all the failed timelines.

So she will try not to kill herself and start again, but to erase her existence from the infinite timelines. To never exist. Hickman will do the metaphysics and cosmic stories he loves.

After we have something involving gods, celestials and Eternity... a new rebooted timeline in which Moira never was and never will be.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

My prediction is that the crisis will be "everyone finds out Moiras lied to/manipulated them", which feels inevitable

I keep thinking this will all turn out to be an alternate timeline, that this life of Moira’s is not the one we have known until this point. Maybe the next Moira is the Moira we know.

If you recall, Destiny said she might have one more life past the ten or something like that. Maybe what we are reading, which seems very self-contained from most of the rest of Marvel, is Moira’s last failure.

That would explain why Xavier didn’t think she was a mutant when she was introduced way back. That’s Moira 11. And what we’re seeing now is Moira 9 or 10 (too lazy to look at the Moira timelines).

It’s my fan theory, and maybe others’.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I have a theory. I believe that in the ending of the run, there will be a crisis in Krakoa which Moira is somehow responsible. She will start to think that SHE is the common denominator of all the failed timelines.

So she will try not to kill herself and start again, but to erase her existence from the infinite timelines. To never exist. Hickman will do the metaphysics and cosmic stories he loves.

After we have something involving gods, celestials and Eternity... a new rebooted timeline in which Moira never was and never will be.
    This seems fairly predictable. I expect some reset. Hickman loves that

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I keep thinking this will all turn out to be an alternate timeline, that this life of Moira’s is not the one we have known until this point. Maybe the next Moira is the Moira we know.

If you recall, Destiny said she might have one more life past the ten or something like that. Maybe what we are reading, which seems very self-contained from most of the rest of Marvel, is Moira’s last failure.

That would explain why Xavier didn’t think she was a mutant when she was introduced way back. That’s Moira 11. And what we’re seeing now is Moira 9 or 10 (too lazy to look at the Moira timelines).

That was my theory at the beginning as the characters are too different from the ones I knew… Now, I don’t know. Bad writing feels more likely.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

But then why don't those other books just keep going? Why jump into this?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

Yeah, I think this might've been brought up before once or twice. I think this is likely, but it might leave some people feeling burned
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.