Page 332 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432832 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So thanks to whoever discovered the BAM super discount on AVX and the Companion (was it you omnibus?). I ordered last week and they arrived today. For those interested in what the remainder mark looks like I took some pics. Personally, I didn't think they were too bad. I've seen bigger and more invasive marks. The companion did by the way come in a box. Mine was a little busted up but the book looks excellent.

Attachment 9116
    Attachment 9117
    You know, I have two books with marks like that, and I never understood what they were there for. Why do people put those on books? Or is it a manufacturer thing?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    You know, I have two books with marks like that, and I never understood what they were there for. Why do people put those on books? Or is it a manufacturer thing?
    From Wiki:

"Copies of remaindered books are marked by the publisher, distributor or bookseller, to prevent them from being returned. "Remainder marks" have varied over the years, but today most remainders are marked with a stroke with a felt-tipped marker across the top or bottom of the book's pages, near the spine."

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    You guys post on AVS and blu-ray, right?
    Shhh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So thanks to whoever discovered the BAM super discount on AVX and the Companion (was it you omnibus?). I ordered last week and they arrived today. For those interested in what the remainder mark looks like I took some pics. Personally, I didn't think they were too bad. I've seen bigger and more invasive marks. The companion did by the way come in a box. Mine was a little busted up but the book looks excellent.

Attachment 9116
    Attachment 9117
    Thanks for posting these. Are the digital codes still good?

How poorly do collections have to do for Marvel to do a clearance for them?

Because I'm looking at a lot of recent Marvel HCs and these prices are ridiculous:
    Original Sin-$75 416 pages
    Hickman's F4 Vol. 2-$125 832 pages
    Uncanny Avengers-$100 672 pages
    AXIS-$35 204 pages
    Hawkeye Omnibus-$100 552 pages
    Original Sin Companion-$125 904 pages
    ...and then we have the Spider-Verse HC which is $35 for 640 pages for some odd reason.

This shit makes me puke. Aside from a few reasonably priced books like Busiek's Avengers, I'll be staying away from Marvel for a good while...gotta catch up with DC anyway who, by the way, is going ham with their collections and at good prices too.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post

Because I'm looking at a lot of recent Marvel HCs and these prices are ridiculous:
    AXIS-$35 204 pages
    ...and then we have the Spider-Verse HC which is $35 for 640 pages for some odd reason.

This shit makes me puke. Aside from a few reasonably priced books like Busiek's Avengers, I'll be staying away from Marvel for a good while...gotta catch up with DC anyway who, by the way, is going ham with their collections and at good prices too.
    Marvel should totally give them away for free if you have proof of purchase of the books or tpbs and OHCs. They are so greedy sometimes.

Spectacular Member

AXIS-$35 204 pages

I hate to assume that FF2 is headed for clearance, because nothing is guaranteed, but I truly don't know if I could bring myself to pay $62.50 for it even if I wanted to.

BANNED

Huh. The comic/Previews/Diamond-oriented sites show this as $49.99 cover price. Then again, Amazon's showing a massive discount for the preorder, and if the actual cover price was $50, not $75, then the discount would be more in line with what they usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    Huh. The comic/Previews/Diamond-oriented sites show this as $49.99 cover price. Then again, Amazon's showing a massive discount for the preorder, and if the actual cover price was $50, not $75, then the discount would be more in line with what they usually do.
    It was recently upped to $75 SRP, but Amazon never changed their price which was discounted off the initial $50 SRP.

What do you guys think of the Oz omnibus that's just out? Any recommendations?

AXIS-$35 204 pages

This makes me think. What do you guys consider an acceptable price range according to the pages of an OHC? Mine would be something like this:

$50 book: Between 400 and 600 pages
    $75 book: Between 601 and 750 pages
    $100 book: Between 751 and 1000 pages
    $125 book: Between 1001 and 1250 pages
    $150: Between 1250 and 1500 pages

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    This makes me think. What do you guys consider an acceptable price range according to the pages of an OHC? Mine would be something like this:

I'd agree that those are acceptable "cover prices", but personally I'm not interested in 1000+ page books anymore. There's big and then there's too big.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    What do you guys think of the Oz omnibus that's just out? Any recommendations?
    Agreed! I wanna see pics. I have it on order.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    Thanks for posting these. Are the digital codes still good?
    Good question. I don't know, but other than the very minor tear in the seal to put the remainder mark down, the books are completely sealed.
    If the codes are inside (I don't ever use them, so I don't really pay attention), then I'd say that there's a good chance that they are. I'll open them in a few weeks when I get around to reading them. I've got a few more books lined up ahead.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post

Those page counts are about right (upper end) but my I think $125 is my limit if looking at RRP regardless of page count.
    As regardless of whatever discount is applied it will be out of my price range. At $150 RRP that's about $90 on a good day. Stern's Spidey made me think but i like Spidey.... even though i haven't read any of the Omnis
    If i have to think about the price it means it's borderline, $60 after discount or so and i don't think that much.

It just means less money for Marvel and more to somewhere else
    Last edited by Joyus; 09-02-2014 at 07:06 PM.

All-New Member

Does anyone have a shelf pic of the Fear Itself Hardcover? I don't see it in many people's collections.
    Thanks