Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The only way to solve the current Cap problem is.....

Turning Red Skull in a SHIELD spy!!!!!

He has always been working for SHIELD and his job is to take over evil organizations and then make them easy to be defeated by SHIELD.

He also gets info on double spies and reports them to SHIELD. Which is why Cap doesnt like him.

So the next issue should end with Red Skull saying, "SHIELD SUPREME!" Or some other cool saying.

The only way to solve the current Cap problem is.....
    Letting this story follow its run and read the books to learn what happened.

Because there is no problem.

Extraordinary Member

On a side note, people have pointed out that the Red Skull is one of the very few Marvel villains no one has ever tried to "redeem," whether making them a good guy or at least a noble villain (like some portrayals of Doom). It would be interesting to see someone try, though I don't think anyone would dare.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    On a side note, people have pointed out that the Red Skull is one of the very few Marvel villains no one has ever tried to "redeem," whether making them a good guy or at least a noble villain (like some portrayals of Doom). It would be interesting to see someone try, though I don't think anyone would dare.
    Eh. Depends how you view White Skull (AXIS).

Quote Originally Posted by CoolZed View Post

This and only this

Incredible Member

I hated the idea when I read about it but I finally got around to reading the book this weekend and I actually liked it. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and seeing where the story goes. There is clearly more going on than meets the eye. I really need to quit reading forums, the negativity and hostility is getting to be grating.

...to stop reading it. If you think it's a problem that is.

If you're a Cap fan and don't like what you've seen so far then drop it. Come back on board once the arc has played it's course or the writer has moved on.

Despite Marvel's "CONTINUITY!" doctrine things get retconned or flat out ignored all the time. If this proves to be a misstep then it'll fall by the wayside and things will move on regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    And the most of the SHIELD were Hydra agents, like in Captain America: Winter Soldier film.
    OOOooohhh, the only true SHIELD agents are Fury and RS?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolZed View Post

Yeah, but if he simply is a Hydra agent Marvel will not go on to explain everything simply because it would take a lot of time. And they wouldn't spend story time on things like this.

BUT if he simply is a Hydra agent... this would be a cool double twist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    ...to stop reading it. If you think it's a problem that is.
    If you're a Cap fan and don't like what you've seen so far then drop it. Come back on board once the arc has played it's course or the writer has moved on.
    I've just done that with Remender, I was sort of hoping for a Cap run I could pick up again but Spencer won't be it. When a writer pushes a hype moment so much I question the quality of the story that's being offered underneath.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Not sure that helps. SHIELD is pretty much normally an evil organization.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post

Despite Marvel's "CONTINUITY!" doctrine things get retconned or flat out ignored all the time. If this proves to be a misstep then it'll fall by the wayside and things will move on regardless.
    Marvel has not cared about continuity for a loooong time. I mean, this story.

BANNED

Hail Hyrda

BANNED

"It was all a dream!"

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Turning Red Skull in a SHIELD spy!!!!!
    Maybe it'll be revealed that Cap placed false memories in Red Skull's brain just like Red Skull placed them in Cap's brain...

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Heck Hydra has infiltrated SHIELD so many times. It is ridiculous. What would be cool is Capt is somehow now a Hydra agent and decides to flip on Hydra and use them to take out the fake Shield Hydra double agents. Infiltrating his enemy and then using those troops to take out other Hydra cells. I hope Capt leads his own faction of Hydra against Skull and Zemo factions. I think this plot twist would have been a better fit for USAGENT.