Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i don't know what you think you're showing me. but i've read this issue. it made me angry. it was presumptuous of Captain America. and it was presumptuous of Kate to accept. it was presumptuous of Bendis having his little pet character be the one to deliver the message and recount Clint's history of standing up to Captain America (Jessica did not know Clint Barton). they were too lazy to come up with a new name for her (after the poorly thought out naming of the other Young Avengers). and it all rests on the equally bad idea of Clint being too stupid to release his arrow pack and becoming Ronin. i'm perfectly cool with no one agreeing with me. i don't want to change your mind. but let me have my feelings on the matter. just rereading this scene makes me hate Kate Bishop.
    Just a small note – that was Allan Heinberg writing, not Bendis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I suppose the question is if it's better to be sole heir to a small fortune, or fifth or six in line for a large one.

Also I believe that becoming a truly major changes really a character is easier when you're not in someone like Wolverine's shadow.
    Look at Miles, he's in peter's shadow and he does pretty good so far, got even a catoon film. What the character needs is claws, healing factor and anger A black Wolverine, i don't know what they should call him... But that will probably work. Sabretooth already has a son btw. He's not a mutant, he was the head of a anti mutant organisation because of the hate, he has for his father sabretooth and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Just a small note – that was Allan Heinberg writing, not Bendis.
    Bendis fed Heinberg all of his ideas. Young Avengers was Bendis' idea.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Look at Miles, he's in peter's shadow and he does pretty good so far, got even a catoon film. What the character needs is claws, healing factor and anger A black Wolverine, i don't know what they should call him... But that will probably work. Sabretooth already has a son btw. He's not a mutant, he was the head of a anti mutant organisation because of the hate, he has for his father sabretooth and stuff...
    Easy. Black Claw.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Bendis fed Heinberg all of his ideas. Young Avengers was Bendis' idea.
    Do you have a source for that? I'm not disbelieving per se, but I've never seen this come up before.

Invincible Member

What comic is this image from?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    What comic is this image from?
    Max Supreme Power Hyperion 5 issue mini series

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Do you have a source for that? I'm not disbelieving per se, but I've never seen this come up before.
    it's a little difficult with the series being so old. it was in the interviews prior to the arrival of the team. Heinberg, who was friends with Bendis, was interested in doing some Marvel work. but he didn't know the characters or what he was going to write. so bendis gave him the idea for an Avengers book. if you read all of Heinberg's work with the characters, the ties to Bendis' continuity should be kind of obvious. you think it's a coincidence that the team is composed of Wanda's twins (Disassembled), a skrull (Secret Invasion), a new Hawkweye (Disassembled), and Ant-Man's daughter (Disassembled)? and then factor in that foul mouthed Jessica Jones somehow became linked to the team. how does that make any sense?

There are a couple black Hawkeyes (self included) that regularly post in the Minorities in Comics and Other Media, etc thread.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Depends who and how they tell the story.
    It's not as if there aren't already two Hawkeyes running about.
    And it's not as if there's a high bar to becoming a Hawkeye. You just have to be good at archery and have a disaster of a personal life
    quoted for truth.

IDK that we need a 3rd one anytime soon.

No, I don't want a shoehorned black character that "geek culture" new sites will blindly praise while angry trolls blindly hate on them.

I want a good, original black superhero.
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

Astonishing Member

They can call him...Blackeye

No. There is only one Hawkeye.

Sure I would.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sкєʟʟує View Post
    No, I don't want a shoehorned black character that "geek culture" new sites will blindly praise while angry trolls blindly hate on them.

I want a good, original black superhero.
    Well tell those trolls to stop taking issues with original black characters like Falcon, Panther, Cage, Eli, Storm, Shuri, Brother Voodoo and others for existing in the first place.

Along with those comic book stores that won't stock those books or throw fits about those books being made.

Then tell management to stand behind those original black characters as much as they stand behind Miles. Where were all those minis and guest spots in books for Sam Wilson as Falcon that he got as Cap America?

Also for all the complaints about a black Hawkeye or legacy person-the POC with the largest amount of solo issues are not legacies.
    It's Black Panther & Luke Cage. Miles is behind them. Then you have Moon Girl. Falcon is there if you count all his books.

At Dc all the original black characters with long runs belong to MILESTONE. Everyone else is a legacy.