Page 114 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2261
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I really don't think most of us have anything to worry about. I don't think Scott and Jean will get together soon, but I don't see them hooking up with others. I think they will remain single and they will be friends and teammates.
    I think you misunderstand. Many of us--particularly in this thread--WANT THEM BACK TOGETHER. "Single, but friends" does not meet that threshold.

Does the broader forum not understand this thread is specifically for Jott shippers?

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I think you misunderstand. Many of us--particularly in this thread--WANT THEM BACK TOGETHER. "Single, but friends" does not meet that threshold.

Does the broader forum not understand this thread is specifically for Jott shippers?
    It is an appreciation thread for Scott and Jean. The title and the first post make it clear the thread is about their relationship. Friendship is a type of relationship. So I feel my posts are good. I'm also a big fan of both these characters, together or separate. I'm not a hater. I just have a slightly different view than the majority posting within the thread.

I really don't think most of us have anything to worry about. I don't think Scott and Jean will get together soon, but I don't see them hooking up with others. I think they will remain single and they will be friends and teammates.

The Jean/Bishop thing is equivalent to Scott and Frenzy. I think we have more to worry about in Uncanny. I doubt it will happen, but who knows.. Scott and Emma may have a moment or a connection especially since Jean is believed to be dead. Though Scott does have his Tyke memories so it remains to be seen how he views Emma currently.

I've been re-reading some 70's to 90's X-men and it is hard to deny the significance of the Scott and Jean relationship (but there has been many bumps and roadblocks along the way). I bet I'm right and they will remain friends for a while...

Maybe they can be involved in stories that have nothing to do with relationship drama or romance.
    Maybe Jean will dye her hair blonde and start stripping? Maybe Scott will become cool? Ok, I'm going over the top. Really read the number of personal development issues either of these characters have and show me how many of them don't include the other, especially Scott while Jean was alive. You're right that they have always been a huge part of each others lives. This isn't controversial.

If they end up friends for the time being, fine. Hickman will need to convince me that makes any sense though and not with some psychobabble about finding themselves or some such. Everything we've seen through Blue, PR, Gold, Venomized and Extermination says these two are very much in love and those memories just got bombed back into their adult versions, adding to what was already there. I can see some confusion after AoXM and the Uncanny status quo wrap. That's quite a leap to suggest they bury all this and just remain friends. That just isn't the choice these two make when it comes to each other, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Perhaps this matters, perhaps it doesn't, but in the weapon plus stuff they released Jean is mentioned as Jean Grey-Summers, thought it was worth mentioning

And not having expectations and having negative expectations is different, you are having negative ones if you are saying that you expect them not to be together, the best is to actually don't have any, accept you don't know what will happen and allow yourself not to try to guess, all the art shows them side by side, so the only guess we have is that they are going to be on good terms and fighting side by side, expect that and allow the story to surprise you with the rest, we know that whathever is it Hickman does will change the X-men at least for the next 5-10 years, so the first issue is important enough as to buy it, and he is a great writer, even if he did something we dislike with the characters the comics will still be very good (and everyone in Marvel seems to love his idea, it even reminded them that marketing exists)
    You know if it has not been said or at least I have not seen anything where they say that Jean has left her married name or not, personally I think not, for me she is still a Summers and that is from Jean's point of view, Why should she leave the last name of her late husband? she loved him and despite everything that happened she still loved him, things like Endsong or PR show it, even in death Jean still loved him why now she was going to abandon something that would always bind her to him? It just doesn't make sense, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    It's hard for me to see how they'll get from "I will always love you" in PR #5 to "I'm glad you're alive, but I want to **** Bishop/Emma/>someone else< for a while yet" or "I do love you, but we can't be together because >reasons<". But, that doesn't mean Marvel won't have them do exactly that.
    Of course it doesn't make sense, we all know that common sense indicates that they would return together almost immediately, of course there will be drama and tension like "I died and you were sleeping with her almost instantly!" or "you slept with the man who tried to kill our son!" or things like that but I don't really see these as big problems just a bit of drama that is never missing but that would easily overcome, of course then what writers do is another story.

Then it is that some writers and/or fans want Jean alone because Scott leaves her in a second place, look maybe here I go into politics a bit that I really hate, but lately speaking with friends I realized how much I hate the "politically right". A woman can be strong, independent and interesting, no matter who she goes to sleep with, Jean can be a leader or a second in command that does not matter, we all know that Scott would led a team, he always did that, it's like his, Jean by her part can help him as she always did what I don't see wrong as I mentioned here I always saw Jean and Scott as the most important in X-factor and in the stories of the O5 or she can lead her own team while Scott leads his own, it all depends on how they write them but personally I think the best it's Scott leading and Jean help him not because Scott is ahead of Jean but because it is precisely Jean who makes Scott a great leader, if the counselors were not something important the kings throughout history wouldn't have had so many and many counselors even came to have as much or more power than the king himself.

The Jean/Bishop thing is equivalent to Scott and Frenzy. I think we have more to worry about in Uncanny. I doubt it will happen, but who knows.. Scott and Emma may have a moment or a connection especially since Jean is believed to be dead. Though Scott does have his Tyke memories so it remains to be seen how he views Emma currently.

I've been re-reading some 70's to 90's X-men and it is hard to deny the significance of the Scott and Jean relationship (but there has been many bumps and roadblocks along the way). I bet I'm right and they will remain friends for a while...

Maybe they can be involved in stories that have nothing to do with relationship drama or romance.
    You know? this is the only thing I can see to keep Jean and Scott separated, at least temporarily, Jean comes back and sees Scott and Emma together, that brings back memories then she gets angry and shows jealousy, then she can't trust Scott for his story with Emma so she decides to give herself a chance with Bishop or not and be single. But despite this they continue to work together, Scott for his part tried to regain Jean's love, Jean still loves him but can't trust him and well we know that they can't be separated long from each other. If the teen versions that don't have even half the history and love that the adults and couldn't, the adults much less.

BANNED

Scott has hated himself with the intensity of a thousand suns for, at the very least, seven years, so I doubt they'll be together again since, like some of her fans and probably a good amount of Marvel writers, he'll think he's unworthy of her.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Scott has hated himself with the intensity of a thousand suns for, at the very least, seven years, so I doubt they'll be together again since, like some of her fans and probably a good amount of Marvel writers, he'll think he's unworthy of her.
    Pff, that's easy. He only has to genocide a few timelines and screw some babies that worked for Bishop.

This has been true before and it didn't stop them. That's why Jean had to push so hard, both in the early UXM and early X-Factor. In X-Factor in particular I'd argue that he was just a self loathing as anytime since Morrison's run. Their relationship failed in NXM because Jean stopped pushing and Scott started pushing back. If Scott was left to his own devices I'm afraid they would never have gotten together originally. If Jean is still Jean then nothing should have changed. Marvel writers should recognize that since they should be authorities on these characters histories. If you go back and look at the brief interaction in PR, it plays out the same way. Scott tries to apologize and Jean shushes him, showing him that she understood and forgave him, just as she always has. Despite my dislike for some of Rosenberg's perspectives, he nailed this interaction.

I think they're most likely gonna go with the idea that Jean acted like that during PR because Scott was dead and it was her only chance to see him, and now that he's back for real it's a different situation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    This has been true before and it didn't stop them. That's why Jean had to push so hard, both in the early UXM and early X-Factor. In X-Factor in particular I'd argue that he was just a self loathing as anytime since Morrison's run. Their relationship failed in NXM because Jean stopped pushing and Scott started pushing back. If Scott was left to his own devices I'm afraid they would never have gotten together originally. If Jean is still Jean then nothing should have changed. Marvel writers should recognize that since they should be authorities on these characters histories. If you go back and look at the brief interaction in PR, it plays out the same way. Scott tries to apologize and Jean shushes him, showing him that she understood and forgave him, just as she always has. Despite my dislike for some of Rosenberg's perspectives, he nailed this interaction.
    Their interaction on PR went that way because they both knew they had just a few moments before Scott turned to dust again, though, so context matters in this case. And, yes, I know she was shown as loving him on the Red annual, that comes right after chronologically, but things could still have changed with the time she spent single plus whatever feelings for Bishop that she retains and however she saw Scott's actions in her absence.

Also worth noticing that Scott is on a worst spot than he's been on both X-Factor and New X-Men, since he has been shown as downright suicidal, from Bendis to Rosenberg. He won't go back to Emma, which is fairly obvious, and I doubt he'd want anything with Jean, more for her own sake than anything. At least that's how I view it, since my depression has been hitting me without brakes on the past weeks and, when I put myself on Scott's shoes, that's the kind of thing I'd had in mind. When you hate yourself as people like us do, it's kind of hard to feel like you'd be anything but a burden on your loved ones. Given that has been a consistent portrayal of Scott, I'd say that's how things will go.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

since my depression has been hitting me without brakes on the past weeks .
    Please don't be sad.14095986_1778783709031867_8757967456446988849_n.jpg

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Their interaction on PR went that way because they both knew they had just a few moments before Scott turned to dust again, though, so context matters in this case. And, yes, I know she was shown as loving him on the Red annual, that comes right after chronologically, but things could still have changed with the time she spent single plus whatever feelings for Bishop that she retains and however she saw Scott's actions in her absence.

Also worth noticing that Scott is on a worst spot than he's been on both X-Factor and New X-Men, since he has been shown as downright suicidal, from Bendis to Rosenberg. He won't go back to Emma, which is fairly obvious, and I doubt he'd want anything with Jean, more for her own sake than anything. At least that's how I view it, since my depression has been hitting me without brakes on the past weeks and, when I put myself on Scott's shoes, that's the kind of thing I'd had in mind. When you hate yourself as people like us do, it's kind of hard to feel like you'd be anything but a burden on your loved ones. Given that has been a consistent portrayal of Scott, I'd say that's how things will go.
    I unfortunately can relate with you there and I wish you all the best, man.

It's definitely a tricky situation with Scott and Jean especially with Logan and Emma. I have the odd feeling Jogan might be played with more than anything considering the group teaser.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Thanks, boo. Not that I'm throwing a pity party or pushing people into telling me nice things. Life has been pretty rough lately, so I kind of went out of my way there, I guess.

But anyway, thank you for being so sweet. I appreciate it, with all my heart.

I understand that too well. Hope that things improve for you man.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I unfortunately can relate with you there and I wish you all the best, man.

It's definitely a tricky situation with Scott and Jean especially with Logan and Emma. I have the odd feeling Jogan might be played with more than anything considering the group teaser.
    Eh, i wouldn't worry about Logan, Marvel always prefer him single so i doubt they would do anything regarding him or Jean. I would be more worried about Emma, she is probably not going to come out looking good after this.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Thanks, boo. Not that I'm throwing a pity party or pushing people into telling me nice things. Life has been pretty rough lately, so I kind of went out of my way there, I guess.

But anyway, thank you for being so sweet. I appreciate it, with all my heart.
    Wishing you well. I have no idea what's going on in your life. Not my business, but I empathize as some things have been going on with me as well that are causing extra stress & pressure. I'm a highly sensitive person who has had depression since childhood, and also self-loathing. Hence why I get so entangled in fiction, and why the frustration turns to vents when the things I love get ruined, and I gotta sit through everything I hate hoping to get thrown a bone or gristle again.

So it's always good when we get treats in the entertainment industry. I am constantly anxious waiting for Jul. because everything I am excited for (not much) doesn't happen until that month. lol Typical.

• HOX / POX (though may skip the first few issues of the latter)
    • SDCC
    • UFC Fights I wanna see
    • Commission I requested from Lolli

And hopefully some of these things live up to the hype and anticipation. Otherwise, X-Mondays are really all I have on consistent basis, and many of those don't give too much for me.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-14-2019 at 07:43 PM.