View Poll Results: As a BP fan, your take on the romance with Storm is:

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Destiny! I always wanted her for him exactly like this for T'Challa!

9 10.84%
  • Love her for him in general, maybe not exactly like this

15 18.07%
  • Like her for him, kinda like WonderBat or SuperWonder

4 4.82%
  • Don't really care who T'Challa is canoodling with

16 19.28%
  • Dislike her for him, too much like WonderBat or SuperWonder

13 15.66%
  • Hate her for him, T'Challa belongs with someone else (specify)

22 26.51%
  • Blasphemy! I never wanted her for him, under any conditions

4 4.82%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    we another poll option: Seemed like a great idea and I was on board but the company screwed it up, now I want them to move on.

Pretty much this, I don't even see the point in them being "friends" or whatever, just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I don't hate her, I just don't particularly care for her and I was never a fan of the marriage but I liked how Priest and McDuffie wrote them together. Coates using T'Challa and his mythos to push Storm because her own franchise isn't really interested in her is only making me dislike the relationship even more. I much rather see BP with another hero or Malaika since she's basically MCU Nakia in everything but name.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Librarian is Open View Post
    I do agree with the point about T’Challa’s book being used to push Storm. Even though I really love the stories, I do get the frustrations about Coates taking greater care in Storm’s portrayal than any X-men writer has afforded for BP in the X-men books. That’s unfortunate.
    I share these same sentiments. Storm is apparently going to appear in this Shuri book and she'll probably have a warm welcoming and strong showing to prop her up, but how often does Shuri show up in an xbook that Storm is in? BP appeared in x-men red just to get batted away like a fly by evil storm, then it was 'thanks for opening up the red carpet for us t'challa but your home isn't secure enough so we're gonna sleep over at namor's. bye'. Compared with how storm is used in the bp books, and the one-sided back scratching gets very tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, at least on this tiny sample size and totally unscientific poll, it seems that more people here dislike than like the BP x Storm pairing, and a lot of that may have to do with what the current writer is doing to T'Challa.

Who do you think has more overall pull with Marvel, the pro-Storm/BP crowd of the comics or the pro-Nakia/BP crowd of the movie?

Director Ryan Coogler and actor Chadwick Boseman have stated they don't want to bring in Storm to mess up the movie's established pairing of Boseman and Lupita's Nakia (who apparently is nothing like her comic book counterpart but exactly like another BP character in the comics) for the sequel.

And I have to think that the factors of this movie's overwhelming success should bleed over to the printed page at some point, either naturally, or by editorial edict.

Has the movie yet affected the storytelling of the comic book title?
    The movie in general has a great influence. They dusted Okoye off the shelf after 14 years of nonexistence and changed her look to match Danai's. They're revamping Shuri to look and act like her movie counterpart. And they killed off comic book Nakia/Malice (who was nothing like the MCU version), at the exact same time that they introduced a new Nakia that is veeeery comparable to the MCU version. They also introduced a Killmonger who is wearing a symbiote suit that is nigh exact replica of his MCU suit.

So to your specific question, it comes down to whether this new Nakia (nuNakia) will be coming over when BP eventually finds his way back from whatever worm hole dimension he finds himself in. If so, we'll see how things would develop from there

Conceptually is cool, i do like the idea of "The Godess and The King" and the power couple aspects that some fans really like.

In practice is more of a mixed bag.

Marvel screwed it up when they let the x office get super petty for YEARS after the marriage had ended.

T'Challa being with Storm has been a one way street. Storm taking and giving nothing in return. Hopefully after this intergalactic Story Tchalla comes back with nunakia and says bye Felicia to Storm. Her and Eden have been taking way too much panel time that should be devoted to actual BP franchise cast members

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Marvel screwed it up when they let the x office get super petty for YEARS after the marriage had ended.

T'Challa being with Storm has been a one way street. Storm taking and giving nothing in return. Hopefully after this intergalactic Story Tchalla comes back with nunakia and says bye Felicia to Storm. Her and Eden have been taking way too much panel time that should be devoted to actual BP franchise cast members
    giving nothing in return?

how many times has storm saved wakanda and fought for wakanda?

doom war
    saved tchalla life in limbo
    fought alongside tchalla against skrull invasion
    defeated a god trying to destroy wakanda

I think your biases against the character doesn't align with actual canon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    In the right hands, they can be done well.

That shall always be the correct answer ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ItzdoctorZ View Post
    Pretty much this, I don't even see the point in them being "friends" or whatever, just move on.
    They're more than just friends.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

You understand that's the problem right?

T'Challa is the hero of BP books, not Storm.

So if theyre going to make Storm save the day in BP's book then BP better be saving the day in the xbook and being portrayed as this dominant force in return, bc otherwise its one-sided elevation, and why would a BP fan want a non BP character getting that rub unless its returned in kind?

If the back rubbing and overall effort was equal among both offices/books then things wouldn't have soured to this degree.

Storm saving Wakanda isnt doing Wakanda a favor, it's doing Storm a favor. Which is cool, but if it ain't a two way street, then it's going to be a hard pass with most bp fans. That's more an issue with the xoffice than storm but it is what it is

doom war
    saved tchalla life in limbo
    fought alongside tchalla against skrull invasion
    defeated a god trying to destroy wakanda

I think your biases against the character doesn't align with actual canon.
    Hmm what do all those stories have in common...

I use to love the Black Panther marriage, outside of Spider-Man and MJ that was my favorite pairing in comics. Was on the verge of surpassing that other one actually. So much potentially with their backgrounds and interconnected histories. The definition of a power couple, but than AvX and subsequent stories ruined it.

There is no salvaging the relationship after AvX short of a line wide reboot.

Any attempts at romance post AxV feel a little hollow and do not adequately address the elephant in the room.

Now that Nakia is globally recognized as T'Challas one true love and they compliment each other both mentally and spiritually I don't think the Storm relationship can function.

T'Challa and Nakia forever.

Storm and Black Panther was a brilliant idea we got a number of good/creative stories out of the pairing. Than Marvel ruined it. Never trust Marvel with a romance or relationship. Never.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I use to love the Black Panther marriage, outside of Spider-Man and MJ that was my favorite pairing in comics. Was on the verge of surpassing that other one actually. So much potentially with their backgrounds and interconnected histories. The definition of a power couple, but than AvX and subsequent stories ruined it.

There is no salvaging the relationship after AvX short of a line wide reboot.

Any attempts at romance post AxV feel a little hollow and do not adequately address the elephant in the room.

Now that Nakia is globally recognized as T'Challas one true love and they compliment each other both mentally and spiritually I don't think the Storm relationship can function.

T'Challa and Nakia forever.

Storm and Black Panther was a brilliant idea we got a number of good/creative stories out of the pairing. Than Marvel ruined it. Never trust Marvel with a romance or relationship. Never.
    Lets seperate the movies from the comics though.

MCU Nakia and T'Challa compliment each other very well. Malice and T'Challa not so much.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    You understand that's the problem right?

T'Challa is the hero of BP books, not Storm.

So if theyre going to make Storm save the day in BP's book then BP better be saving the day in the xbook and being portrayed as this dominant force in return, bc otherwise its one-sided elevation, and why would a BP fan want a non BP character getting that rub unless its returned in kind?

If the back rubbing and overall effort was equal among both offices/books then things wouldn't have soured to this degree.

Storm saving Wakanda isnt doing Wakanda a favor, it's doing Storm a favor. Which is cool, but if it ain't a two way street, then it's going to be a hard pass with most bp fans. That's more an issue with the xoffice than storm but it is what it is
    so because storm is not the lead character in the title she cant save the day? I'm most certain the ff4 have saved the day in other characters' books, as have spiderman, captain America, wolverine, thor and others. why is there an issue with storm doing this. also the comment was made that storm has given nothing to wakanda yet your point is that she shouldnt be saving the day in tchalla book, so which is it?

what does what tchalla do in black panther have any bearing on what occurs in the xbooks? you're wanting bp to get love in a book that storm herself doesn't even get so I dont what you are asking for happening. and to say that storm is not a BP character doesnt take into account her long ties to wakanda and it mythos.

to your point about things being soured again a veteran member like storm doesnt even get the respect she deserves in xmen how then do you expect tchalla to?

and how is it doing storm a favor having her save wakanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hmm what do all those stories have in common...
    I'm not sure what you are alluding to. please tell me what they have in common.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

It seemed like a good idea back then but it was handled very horribly.

At this point, BP would be better with someone else that's not beholden to another franchise.

so because storm is not the lead character in the title she cant save the day? I'm most certain the ff4 have saved the day in other characters' books, as have spiderman, captain America, wolverine, thor and others. why is there an issue with storm doing this. also the comment was made that storm has given nothing to wakanda yet your point is that she shouldnt be saving the day in tchalla book, so which is it?

what does what tchalla do in black panther have any bearing on what occurs in the xbooks? you're wanting bp to get love in a book that storm herself doesn't even get so I dont what you are asking for happening. and to say that storm is not a BP character doesnt take into account her long ties to wakanda and it mythos.

to your point about things being soured again a veteran member like storm doesnt even get the respect she deserves in xmen how then do you expect tchalla to?

I'm not sure what you are alluding to. please tell me what they have in common.
    The issue isn't simply Storm isn't allowed to save the day in another Characters book (really they should more so be offering an assist not actually defeating the big bad themselves) but the fact that, as I was alluding too, what all your examples have in Common is that they took place in BP's books.

When was the last time you saw T'Challa show up in an x book with storm and be shown to be saving the day? Or providing a major assist? What we get is T'Challa bankrolling the X-Men, then wolverine goes on some racist rant and Storm is backing him up to Cyclops.

So yeah one way street. People used to say the marriage was just so T'Challa could benefit of Storms popularity but it's very clear who's benefitting from who.

Also. Storm. Is. Not. A. BP. Character. There long ties don't equate her to being part of his supporting cast. Sorry but that is not how that works

This thread is about how BP fans feel about Storm, correct?

It's been stated adnauseam that if BP books roll out the red carpet to make Storm look good and heroic in BP's book (i.e. doing her a favor/back scratch), but questionable if not zero effort is made in the xbooks for BP, then many of us dont care for that ish. So no, I dont care to see Storm save the day in a BP book lol and if she were, BP better get comparable treatment in her books.

And if he cant bc her editorial has issues even making her look good or heroic... well, to my earlier statement, most BP fans are aware that the fault lies in the xoffices and not an inherent character flaw she has.