Page 29 of 109 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    You're talking about culture, not morality.

Since a great majority of them are American or lived in America why would they discard that part of their identity
    Well I'd rather not see the mutants rounding immigrant children into camps so I'm fine with them ignoring american morality

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Well I'd rather not see the mutants rounding immigrant children into camps so I'm fine with them ignoring american morality
    No, they would just refuse access to their paradise…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Yeah ,as arranged by Sinister.
    Shown in Incoming number one.
    I dread to think what the kids are watching.
    Is Nathaniel Essex teaching biology class in High School? On the one hand it'd be a good use of his years of knowledge. On the other he has.... interesting ideas on proper uses for knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Av just realised something, seeing how Sinister is a villainous version of multiple man.It may be that Sinister in the QC is genuinely interested in helping Krakoa for now but if he is a clone sent for this purpose by Sinister prime somewhere out there .Then he could have directives to sabotage Krakoa built in that he does not know about.Anyway a little convoluted than simply assuming Nate is pure bred Judas but who knows maybe Essex prime is out there in the world working against Krakoa while he has a plant just like Xavier has three in the Vault...
    It seems more likely that Mr. Essex is happy to play along because this situation pretty much amounts to giving him everything he wants gift wrapped on a silver platter encrusted with diamonds.

Nathaniel Essex is more than capable of being the head physician at a hospital. Despite his villainous nature he is genuinely a genius surgeon and a skilled physician. He actually has quite a lot to offer the people. Of course you have to give him a reason to WANT to help people instead of making cloned monstrosities.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It seems more likely that Mr. Essex is happy to play along because this situation pretty much amounts to giving him everything he wants gift wrapped on a silver platter encrusted with diamonds.

Nathaniel Essex is more than capable of being the head physician at a hospital. Despite his villainous nature he is genuinely a genius surgeon and a skilled physician. He actually has quite a lot to offer the people. Of course you have to give him a reason to WANT to help people instead of making cloned monstrosities.
    The devil finds work for idle hands. H. D. T.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

"we shouldn't judge a different culture's moral code"

Like the Inhumans?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The devil finds work for idle hands. H. D. T.
    I just thought of what might be the best/worst thing ever. Make Dr. Essex the head MD at a major hospital and tell him he's allowed to use any methods he wants as long as the patients go home healthy.

Nurse: Mr. Sanchez passed out after drinking too much punch. His symptoms seem to indicate a form of diabetic shock.
    Dr. Essex: He seems to be stable enough for emergency surgery.
    Nurse: what sort of surgery?
    Dr. Essex: I'm thinking that his condition could be fixed by adding an artificial organ to filter excess sugar out of his blood....

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I just thought of what might be the best/worst thing ever. Make Dr. Essex the head MD at a major hospital and tell him he's allowed to use any methods he wants as long as the patients go home healthy.

Nurse: Mr. Sanchez passed out after drinking too much punch. His symptoms seem to indicate a form of diabetic shock.
    Dr. Essex: He seems to be stable enough for emergency surgery.
    Nurse: what sort of surgery?
    Dr. Essex: I'm thinking that his condition could be fixed by adding an artificial organ to filter excess sugar out of his blood....
    Well, if the patient goes home completely shocked, I'm not sure it counts for 'healthy'…
    Maybe, 'happy' would be a better term (which it's hard to determinate without speaking with the patient in advance).

Astonishing Member

Millions of Americans are against that, including those very same American X-men. Generalising America by its bad parts isn't as compelling as you think when Krakatoa has people on it who have done more more damage to Earth then America has in ours. One of them is a blue guy on the council who did the camps on a global scale, with humans and mutants in Age of Apocalypse storyline.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Apocalypse

It's an alternate timeline created when David Haller murdered Xavier before the X-men could stand against him ten years later in 616. There's Cable's future, as well.

You'd prefer Apocalypse' morality instead? Because he indoctrinated Aero like she was a new recruit for Scientology after he killed her with a sword.

Another aspect of what Apocalypse has done in "respect" to Krakatoa is colonising Outworld, putting a mentally unstable god in charge and dissecting its former leader, Morgan le faye, alive. Outworld is not a country, it's a dimension.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-08-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Millions of Americans are against that, including those very same American X-men. Generalising America by its bad parts isn't as compelling as you think when Krakatoa has people on it who have done more more damage to Earth then America has in ours. One of them is a blue guy on the council who did the camps on a global scale, with humans and mutants in Age of Apocalypse storyline.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Apocalypse

It's an alternate timeline created when David Haller murdered Xavier before the X-men could stand against him ten years later in 616. There's Cable's future, as well.

You'd prefer Apocalypse' morality instead? Because he indoctrinated Aero like she was a new recruit for Scientology after he killed her with a sword.

Another aspect of what Apocalypse has done in "respect" to Krakatoa is colonising Outworld, putting a mentally unstable god in charge and dissecting its former leader, Morgan le faye, alive. Outworld is not a country, it's a dimension.
    Like many other countries Americans and other european countries have colonized? And how many foreign military dictatorships were provoked by americans as well? Are all americans terrible people because they live in a country that has done so much damage to other people?

I don't why are you pointing out Apocalypse's actions to me when at the end of the day you are doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of doing - generalizing Krakoa for it's bad parts. All I'm doing is pointing out how these "Krakoa is EVIIIL" posts seem to miss the obvious fact that, yes, good and bad people can exist in the same country, in the same government institutions, and the fact that the X-Men are part of that doesn't makes their actual good actions less good.

Astonishing Member

Like many other countries Americans and other european countries have colonized? And how many foreign military dictatorships were provoked by americans as well? Are all americans terrible people because they live in a country that has done so much damage to other people?
    What did Otherworld do to Krakatoa to earn being colonised and their leader dissected alive? Colonisation isn't strictly European or American, either. It's a bad practice, regardless of who does it. It's not a weapon to do to other countries, or dimensions, because you think revenge is warranted.

I don't why are you pointing out Apocalypse's actions to me when at the end of the day you are doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of doing - generalizing Krakoa for it's bad parts. All I'm doing is pointing out how these "Krakoa is EVIIIL" posts seem to miss the obvious fact that, yes, good and bad people can exist in the same country, in the same government institutions, and the fact that the X-Men are part of that doesn't makes their actual good actions less good.
    You're glossing over him like Apocalypse isn't doing anything, or the others. Because you didn't have nuanced opinion, you had a black and white one which focused solely on the white. Krakatoa does have very wonderful sides but it's got dark ones, too. Very dark ones, the modern American government doesn't have to worry about a god like being whose going to colonise other worlds and it, if it's not careful. Krakatoa does have evil parts, which the X-men are having trouble keeping under control. It's not like they have every dangerous mutant criminal locked away underneath Krakatoa powerless for eternity.

Astonishing Member

What did Otherworld do to Krakatoa to earn being colonised and their leader dissected alive? Colonisation isn't strictly European or American, either. It's a bad practice, regardless of who does it. It's not a weapon to do to other countries, or dimensions, because you think revenge is warranted.

You're glossing over him like Apocalypse isn't doing anything, or the others. Because you didn't have nuanced opinion, you had a black and white one which focused solely on the white. Krakatoa does have very wonderful sides but it's got dark ones, too. Very dark ones, the modern American government doesn't have to worry about a god like being whose going to colonise other worlds and it, if it's not careful. Krakatoa does have evil parts, which the X-men are having trouble keeping under control. It's not like they have every dangerous mutant criminal locked away underneath Krakatoa powerless for eternity.
    I mean aren't you trying to use the same black and white mentality that you're acccusing the other poster of using tho? Krakoa as a Nation isn't doing anything that other countries haven't done. A nation will act in it's own best interest as was spoken in X-Men #4 to pretend otherwise is folly. Like you said their are things about Krakoa to be applauded and their are things to be critiqued.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean aren't you trying to use the same black and white mentality that you're acccusing the other poster of using tho? Krakoa as a Nation isn't doing anything that other countries haven't done. A nation will act in it's own best interest as was spoken in X-Men #4 to pretend otherwise is folly. Like you said their are things about Krakoa to be applauded and their are things to be critiqued.
    I addressed that in my last post. Krakatoa may be a nation but when they do bad things other nations do that, in theory, posters disagree with, it cones off as hypocritical. As well as ignoring that most countries don't have an arsenal of Omega mutants at their beck and call. Krakatoa has done good in rehabilitating criminals and their pardoning system does have merit, except from Day One its has dire consequences for those who don't just want to start their own coffee shop on the beach. Apocalypse is killing people in broad daylight with ritualistic sacrifice for no reason other than because he can now, what's he going to be doing with the Quiet Council's approval in six months?

lol YAS! called out!
    There seems to be a serious disconnect of understanding
    I addressed that in my last post. Krakatoa may be a nation but when they do bad things other nations do that, in theory, posters disagree with, it cones off as hypocritical. As well as ignoring that most countries don't have an arsenal of Omega mutants at their beck and call. Krakatoa has done good in rehabilitating criminals and their pardoning system does have merit, except from Day One its has dire consequences for those who don't just want to start their own coffee shop on the beach. Apocalypse is killing people in broad daylight with ritualistic sacrifice for no reason other than because he can now, what's he going to be doing with the Quiet Council's approval in six months?
    lol basically you're hating on KraKoa for what hasn't happened yet.....OK Tabitha Smith.
    I'm not sure you understand what issue #7 was about I can't help you there but i can say you're not looking at the issue ignoring the new KraKoa paradigm.

Apocalypse Didn't kill anyone...
    The Definition of Kill.....is to put a person to death
    Deaths definition is ....the end of the life of a person or organism.
    Aeros life was not ended....Sooooo
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Apocalypse Didn't kill anyone...
    The Definition of Kill.....is to put a person to death
    Deaths definition is ....the end of the life of a person or organism.
    Aeros life was not ended....Sooooo
    "It was only attempted murder, it doesn't count!"