Page 32 of 147 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Holly crap, what the hell is going on lol.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post

I was weak.
    This is gonna be so good!

Now, the full Maestro variant:

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Would it be jobbing really if he loses to Juggernaut? I thought who wins between the 2 of them is basically a coin toss and largely depends on the versions of the characters or who is writing them.

Who else is he fighting from the X-men in June? Wolverine, i think those are some versions from the past, although seeing as it's written by Mark Waid you can definitely expect Hulk to job there.
    It'll be the same **** as with Thing, where one punch knocks out a guy who laughs off getting decapitated, and keeps fighting with a hole in his brain you could drive a truck through.

But outside his book? Hulk never has his healing factor outside his book if it's inconvenient for the writer. Or resistance to TP.

Slotted could have had the sun rise and human Ben knock out Banner but no.

Same with Juggernaut, you could give Juggy a believable win, on theory, but it's easy to forget Hulk's powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    It'll be the same **** as with Thing, where one punch knocks out a guy who laughs off getting decapitated, and keeps fighting with a hole in his brain you could drive a truck through.

But outside his book? Hulk never has his healing factor outside his book if it's inconvenient for the writer. Or resistance to TP.

Slotted could have had the sun rise and human Ben knock out Banner but no.

Same with Juggernaut, you could give Juggy a believable win, on theory, but it's easy to forget Hulk's powers.
    I see what you mean but at the same time it's not good or reasonable to expect Hulk to never lose to other heroes, even ones weaker than him at times.

The argument you used, i heard people use when Thor loses to Hulk or just fights Hulk and doesn't use stuff like winds of thousand worlds or godblast or thermo blast or opens teleports, etc...

I see what you mean but at the same time it's not good or reasonable to expect Hulk to never lose to other heroes, even ones weaker than him at times.

The argument you used, i heard people use when Thor loses to Hulk or just fights Hulk and doesn't use stuff like winds of thousand worlds or godblast or thermo blast or opens teleports, etc...
    Since coming back Hulk's been Hulk's been jobbed out to
    -Hulkverine
    -Wolverine
    -Carnage
    -Ben Grimm
    -Gwenpool

Probably someone else I'm forgetting.

Notice I didn't put Nyx as she believably sidestepped his durability/immortality.

We're gonna add Juggernaut and double up with Wolverine. And the worst bit is it's never believable. Hulk's basically immune to damage at this point, but in most of these fights had a pretty exploitable weakness. AKA Sunlight.

Instead he just gets punched out. Not even splattered enough that it would take him time to pull himself back together, gorelessly punched out.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

-Hulkverine
    -Wolverine
    -Carnage
    -Ben Grimm
    -Gwenpool

Notice I didn't put Nyx as she believably sidestepped his durability/immortality.

We're gonna add Juggernaut and double up with Wolverine. And the worst bit is it's never believable. Hulk's basically immune to damage at this point, but in most of these fights had a pretty exploitable weakness. AKA Sunlight.

Instead he just gets punched out. Not even splattered enough that it would take him time to pull himself back together, gorelessly punched out.
    Without sounding like I'm taking a dump on those writers, it feels like they don't want to "write" Devil Hulk/current Hulk. You notice how all those interpretations have him portrayed as some sadistic moron when he's supposed to be really cunning. The closest so far was Slott's, but it doesn't really count since he was "mind controlled". Honestly I get it, Hulk isn't exactly supposed to win in every book he appears in, but at least Cate's had the small amount of sense to use Savage Hulk for his jobbing.

How did he "job" to Gwenpool? What happened?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Also Thor fans always expect him to pull out a bunch of esoteric stuff that either requires prep, or else is some weird one off. They also want Thor to be the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, best at martial arts, with the ultimate weapon and the prettiest hair.

Comparatively I don't think their is a run where Hulk's healing factor hasn't been used since it's been introduced, and if there was it would not be Ewings.

Honestly, Ewings's been emphasizing sheer survivability over any other trait of Hulk including raw strength.

If Juggy fought Hulk till sunrise, then splattered Banner, or beatdown a Hulk weakened by sunlight (depending on when this takes place), I'd buy it.

But you know that ain't how it's gonna go down.

Now, the full Maestro variant:

Nice variant. Maestro is one of my favorite of Hulk's foe's and I would love for him to meet Devil-Hulk. I was very disappointed with the Maestro that appeared in Old Man Logan. That story-line had a ton of potential but was very poorly executed.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    How did he "job" to Gwenpool? What happened?
    She hits him in the Junk with Mjolnir, teehee so random.

Because one shot to the balls is a fight ender, and never ever results in the perpetrator getting the **** beat out of them by someone who knows how to prioritize targets.

BANNED

I already did 😭😭😭

BANNED

-Hulkverine
    -Wolverine
    -Carnage
    -Ben Grimm
    -Gwenpool

I don't think he jobbed to Hulkverine, he actually straight up physically overpowered him and the only thing that screwed him up was getting a virus that weakens him directly.

When did he job to Wolverine?

Carnage was also kinda not a job, he was about to rip him apart but Carnage went inside his brain and reverted him to Banner rather than beat him up in a fight, also that was Savage Hulk at the time, Immortal Hulk didn't wanna work with Venom.

Ben Grimm sure, but mostly due to how long his fight with Ben lasted, that's my problem with the fight itself.

Gwenpool i don't really think he jobbed there, it was a silly comic and he tanked Mljonir hitting him the balls, plus he had a feat almost no character gets like literally breaking the pages of the book itself, which is a 4th wall breaking feat.

It would be silly to mention Nyx in any way, she had the power to extinguish all the stars in the universe, she should have blinked Hulk out of existence with a thought.

Losing to Juggernaut wouldn't be jobbing and we know nothing about the details of the Wolverine fight, i am pretty sure it wont even revolve present day characters, also Wolverine and Hulk have fought forever.

This is silly, everyone Hulk fights and doesn't immediately beat is jobbing? Is there someone you think Hulk can lose to without it being jobbing and without it involving the Sunlight weakness?

BANNED

Honestly i will say if you think those are jobbing, fine i guess, but it could be much worse, like he could literally be jobbing in his own series like Superman has in Rebirth for years now and Thor as well with Aaron, they both jobbed hard in their own comics and outside them, so at least in his comic he is cracking skulls left and right and will likely continue to do so for a while.

And honestly, right now, I'm way more excited about how complex and unique He's being shown in Immortal Hulk. You can do so much things with him, which can't be said about most characters in comics. He's the strongest one there is, but there's so much more to him (and so much more impressive stuff He can do, which I believe will start seeing in #33)!