Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Unless you own or have free access to a laser printer, the printing cost would be pretty high (a FedEx Kinkos charges about $1.25 per double-sided 8.5X11 page, not sure the price for a larger page, but it's higher. Multiple that times the number of pages and you get the idea.) You could try a service like blurb.com but since you're using copyrighted material I'm not sure if you'd have much luck there.

Plus there's just the time/effort involved in scanning and resizing so many pages, plus if the art is full bleed you're going to have trouble getting good full page scans depending on the gutter loss of the TPBs. You could pull each page from the binding and scan that way to avoid gutter loss, but man, that is an awfully time-intensive process
    Thanks for the insight. I did not realize how much the idea would cost.

How do you guys deal with adds that have a page on the other side. Do you just leave the add in there or are there alternatives?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlecHolland View Post
    How do you guys deal with adds that have a page on the other side. Do you just leave the add in there or are there alternatives?
    You have to leave them in there, otherwise you wouldn't have a complete story.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mighty Member

Or you could try and hunt down trades and have them bound

when binding a tpb is glued or sewn binding used?

when binding a tpb is glued or sewn binding used?
    When binding multiple tpbs together in one book are the trades sewn bound or glue bound?

When binding multiple tpbs together in one book are the trades sewn bound or glue bound?
    You can bind trades DFAB (a strong and durable glued method) or oversewn. I prefer DFAB because the eventual bind opens flatter. You can't smyth sew trades though. You can also combine trades and floppies. Here are a couple posts I did using the official Knightfall TPBs as a starting point outlining a bunch of the different things that are possible to do (move contents around, splice in issues, etc):
    Part 1: http://comicbindingpro.com/post/1269...post-that-uses
    Part 2: http://comicbindingpro.com/post/1269...d-anatomy-part

One thing to watch for though - if you are using trades or hardcovers, you want to be sure they are glued and not sewn, as trying to rebind a sewn book has way more gutter loss.

Every time I see the spectacular binds in this thread I think of some of my complete runs... I don't have that many but I'm moving to trades in most cases so I could get some nice little binds... but then I remember a) I'm in the UK so can't use some of these same services and b) money haha

Anybody here get miniseries bound? Not seen much of that kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
    Every time I see the spectacular binds in this thread I think of some of my complete runs... I don't have that many but I'm moving to trades in most cases so I could get some nice little binds... but then I remember a) I'm in the UK so can't use some of these same services and b) money haha

Hollingwortth & Moss bruh.

I have Danger Club reqady to bind which is 8 issues.

Otherwise my shortest is Ten Grand at 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post

I just sent off a batch of John Wagner miniseries to be bound by comicbindingpro, it will be books of mini-series, I plan on doing Garth Ennis/Carlos Ezquerra mini-series at some point. For just a 8 to 12 issue series I have not done, generally I try to make sure the bind is going to be decent size.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Hollingwortth & Moss bruh.

I have Danger Club reqady to bind which is 8 issues.

Otherwise my shortest is Ten Grand at 12 issues.
    Thanks, I'll look into them

I want to thank Dick Grayson of Comic Binding Pro for helping me out with my binding process.

Back in April this year I sent off for two runs to be collected:

JM DeMatteis' Spectacular Spider-Man. The fact this run isn't collected is criminal. Sure Kraven's Last Hunt will always be in print, but the other material - not so much. This run was classic. When I finally got rid of my floppies for trades I kept most of the floppies of this run.

Spider-Girl, the original run issues 73-100 were not collected. I found them cheap and started that process.

Several weeks ago - I received my books - http://comicbindingpro.com/post/1484...stomer-of-some and they look EXACTLY like Marvel's Omnibus collection.

I really recommend utilizing Dick Grayson as a resource - as prior to binding these books, I communicated with Marvel to see if they would ever bind them. Three months later, I never got an answer. I now one two one-of-a-kind omnibuses for ABOUT the same as retail. Additionally - if Marvel were to ever collect the JMD Spec - the run would probably only collect his issues 178-200. There were several other issues that involved threads leading into the SPEC content. I got with Dick Grayson, put those floppies into the collection in the order I wished, out of numerical order.

I currently have Ann Nocenti's Daredevil off to the bindery. Her run was fantastic, but we only get the JR JR issues collected. I dove online, finding issues for about 50 cents each, put a collection together, organizing the issues how I wished.

Dick Grayson painstakingly put together my omnis exactly how I wished - Marvel old school.

Thank you, Dick Grayson.
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    I want to thank Dick Grayson of Comic Binding Pro for helping me out with my binding process.

Back in April this year I sent off for two runs to be collected:

JM DeMatteis' Spectacular Spider-Man. The fact this run isn't collected is criminal. Sure Kraven's Last Hunt will always be in print, but the other material - not so much. This run was classic. When I finally got rid of my floppies for trades I kept most of the floppies of this run.

Spider-Girl, the original run issues 73-100 were not collected. I found them cheap and started that process.

Several weeks ago - I received my books - http://comicbindingpro.com/post/1484...stomer-of-some and they look EXACTLY like Marvel's Omnibus collection.

I really recommend utilizing Dick Grayson as a resource - as prior to binding these books, I communicated with Marvel to see if they would ever bind them. Three months later, I never got an answer. I now one two one-of-a-kind omnibuses for ABOUT the same as retail. Additionally - if Marvel were to ever collect the JMD Spec - the run would probably only collect his issues 178-200. There were several other issues that involved threads leading into the SPEC content. I got with Dick Grayson, put those floppies into the collection in the order I wished, out of numerical order.

I currently have Ann Nocenti's Daredevil off to the bindery. Her run was fantastic, but we only get the JR JR issues collected. I dove online, finding issues for about 50 cents each, put a collection together, organizing the issues how I wished.

Dick Grayson painstakingly put together my omnis exactly how I wished - Marvel old school.

Thank you, Dick Grayson.
    That's really cool. When I get my act together and finally have my stuff ready to bind, I'm going to talk to Grayson as well.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

image1 (2).jpg
    image2 (2).jpg
    image3 (2).jpg

Got some Alan Grant Batman back recently from the fine people at comicbindingpro, love them and cannot wait to get the next batch back.

image4 (1).jpg

Last 2 volumes, next up is Aquaman, The Demon, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter.