Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I've only read a couple of the main Wild Storm book, but I just read all of Michael Cray, and I'm really torn. On the one hand, Bryan Hill does a killer Warren Ellis impression, and it's a really nice tight plot with lots of thematic depth and fun action and character. On the other hand...man is that art really low quality. Is the art on the main book also really flat and low on detail and appeal?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I've only read a couple of the main Wild Storm book, but I just read all of Michael Cray, and I'm really torn. On the one hand, Bryan Hill does a killer Warren Ellis impression, and it's a really nice tight plot with lots of thematic depth and fun action and character. On the other hand...man is that art really low quality. Is the art on the main book also really flat and low on detail and appeal?
    Actually, a few folks have mentioned feeling this way. I've also noticed it in otherwise more than fair reviews.

It's a bit of a shame if it was just a bit better that title would certainly be something. That said, I still think it's worth reading in it's current form.

As for the main title, I'm pretty sure there are links to previews on the last page. While it's on the simple side, I think it's quite a bit better than the art in the "Michael Cray" title. It's absolutely a solid fit for the main title.

Invincible Member

I feel the art on the main book is better and actually suits the tone of the book, however if you're more a fan of say heavily cross hatched Jim Lee style superhero visuals, you might be underwhelmed.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Actually, a few folks have mentioned feeling this way. I've also noticed it in otherwise more than fair reviews.

It's a bit of a shame if it was just a bit better that title would certainly be something. That said, I still think it's worth reading in it's current form.

As for the main title, I'm pretty sure there are links to previews on the last page. While it's on the simple side, I think it's quite a bit better than the art in the "Michael Cray" title. It's absolutely a solid fit for the main title.
    It's definitely worth reading, but the art is really letting it down, and I don't think that's going to age well. A shame.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I feel the art on the main book is better and actually suits the tone of the book, however if you're more a fan of say heavily cross hatched Jim Lee style superhero visuals, you might be underwhelmed.
    The Jim Lee style is...fine, but not my favorite. I don't mind a simpler style - I love Pere Perez, Dustin Nguyen, Darwyn Cooke, etc. But what you get in Michael Cray is just sloppy looking - it's not even for effect, it looks like there's a serious lack of technical ability. Could I do better? Absolutely not. But I would hope that DC would pay for better art.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

From the looks of this article, issue #13 will be late.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...n-doom-patrol/

And The Wild Storm #13 has lived up to its predecessors’ reputation by slipping from the 18th April until the 16th May.

Ommm....patience... omm.... good things must await...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Ommm....patience... omm.... good things must await...
    As long as it gets back on track at some point.

How that whole "Majestic" angle plays out will be interesting to see.

Right now, my take is that it is roughly "Maximum". Seems like the secret I.O. base that Marlowe's C.A.T. sort of rescued Angela from was "Majestic" class(or something along that line).
    It’s been fun seeing Ellis’s modern twist on these characters I grew up on. It’s possible “Majestic” might only be used as a point of location, and or reference as seen on those files King dug up. I hope not, but who knows, I am however curious to find out who this old guy is at the end of #12. The setting was similar to Majestic’s first appearance....

From the looks of the solicit for issue #14, somebody was onto something.

This should be interesting.
    Fairchild!!

Yea, the art on Michael Cray, isn’t doing that book any favors. I’m not a big fan of the main plot, the subplot, pertaining to Cray’s tumor is what interest me here...

From the looks of this article, issue #13 will be late.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...n-doom-patrol/
    The first 11 issues hit their mark, then 12 slipped a bit. But that’s pretty damn good, especially considering the fact that we didn’t have a fill-in artist at all.

Hunt’s a beast, I think he should get a skip month, the month the trade comes out...
    #MagnetoWasRight

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the artist on Michael Cray, but I don't think it's ugly or detrimental to the serie.

Damn, waiting for issue 13!

Circumstances prevented me from reading this relaunch. From what I read in this thread and the general opinions online I have no choice but to get caught up.

Seems like the glory days of the Ellisverse from his tenure in Stormwatch up until he finally finished Planetary are getting the revival they deserve under a new lens.

Well, it's starting to look like "Project Thunderbook" was more "Team 7" than "Gen13".

That said, the latest solicit could be more "Related Tangent" than "Actual Test Subject".

Either way, it will be interesting to see.

Well, it's starting to look like "Project Thunderbook" was more "Team 7" than "Gen13".
    I bet on a mix of both. After all, chronologically all Gen 13 people (or Generation X) are the adults. So it would be suitable.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I bet on a mix of both. After all, chronologically all Gen 13 people (or Generation X) are the adults. So it would be suitable.
    To me, I guess it feels like it depends on if Slayton is some related tangent or an actual part of the project or not.

If it winds up Cash/Fairchild/Slayton with Lynch having been in charge, that getting pretty close to Team 7.

So, there's something I've been thinking about.

In the aftermath of the wild c.a.t./Black Razor unit fight, a Daemonite asks Lucy/Zannah/Zealot to stay out of what is happening and let it play itself out.

That brought a couple of questions to mind.

- How did they even work out the specific location that the fight had taken place in?
    - What exactly is their stake in it?