Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    What is strange is when you juxtapose how Serafina first infiltrated the mansion by proxies and then cloaking herself, yet some of the most powerful mutant trio couldn't do something similar? The art was good ,but the way the children were depicted is weak , but maybe the tables turned in the second issue I don't know.It was a little anticlimactic to be honest, but I know the CoV are not pushovers so I expects some respect to be put to their name eventually
    Serafina had intel on the mansion before her infiltration and she's part cyborg with cyberpathy and cloaking powers. Not only do neither Laura, Synch or Darwin have any sort of technopath powers, they came into the vault knowing absolutely nothing about how it operates and got attacked as soon as they crossed the front door.

People defending the CotV on here and calling them victims to the X-men, what's next the X-men were actually the bad guys in house of x for foiling Orchis plans and stopping the mother mold from coming online?

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    People defending the CotV on here and calling them victims to the X-men, what's next the X-men were actually the bad guys in house of x for foiling Orchis plans and stopping the mother mold from coming online?
    Welcome to the forum!

They should've tried to reason with the Mother Mold first, see!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'd prefer an entire 3-4 issue story arc with them in the Vault tbh.
    Me too!! Seems like that would be the best way to show all the things that had to happen in all the time they've spent in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    Lol, I legit snorted at that!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Some of you need to chill out with the angry posts. Talk about the books not other posters especially if you’re going to be rude and condescending.

That being said....

I really enjoyed the issue, art was good and even though it was light on story I felt like the book did a good job setting expectations on what we will see next issue.

I’ve seen a lot of posts about the lack of stealth used by the team but if I’m remembering correctly wasn’t it clearly stated in issue #5 that the way they got in was literally the only way in? I also remember in issue #5 we already knew the city immediately detected their arrival so with that being the circumstances I don’t really see many other options for the team other than to do what they did. I also have to say that I’m very curious how they can stay alive for 500 + years when the city knows they’re there. I’m guessing Darwin can adapt to become undetectable and Synch can copy him but that still leave Laura. I would love to see more development for this story.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Serafina had intel on the mansion before her infiltration and she's part cyborg with cyberpathy and cloaking powers. Not only do neither Laura, Synch or Darwin have any sort of technopath powers, they came into the vault knowing absolutely nothing about how it operates and got attacked as soon as they crossed the front door.
    I remember Sangre gave her orders not to reveal herself or the children and their motive ,so it was a tactical choice to use a) proxies or b) stealthily kill Sabretooth .It has very little to do with the abilities but the general strategy.Sarefina to be fair also broke Sangre's order but very late into her infiltration, while X-Men were told to go fact finding and they decide to abandon all stealth or reconnaissance and go into mortal Kombat mode
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-25-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Some of you need to chill out with the angry posts. Talk about the books not other posters especially if you’re going to be rude and condescending.

That being said....

I really enjoyed the issue, art was good and even though it was light on story I felt like the book did a good job setting expectations on what we will see next issue.

I’ve seen a lot of posts about the lack of stealth used by the team but if I’m remembering correctly wasn’t it clearly stated in issue #5 that the way they got in was literally the only way in? I also remember in issue #5 we already knew the city immediately detected their arrival so with that being the circumstances I don’t really see many other options for the team other than to do what they did. I also have to say that I’m very curious how they can stay alive for 500 + years when the city knows they’re there. I’m guessing Darwin can adapt to become undetectable and Synch can copy him but that still leave Laura. I would love to see more development for this story.
    The writers are to blame, typically to accommodate such a timespan ,you at least give Synch some sort of mental diary log of like the first 48 hours of recon and what they find and only after 48 hours reveal that they have been discovered after evading capture for those 2 days since their arrival. Somehow the writers chose that they get to run into the children on day one, unless the fact finding took the next 3 months, I don't see how the guys couldn't at least designate different duties, Darwin more likely adaptable to chameleon mode, Synch sensing and recording the abilities,Laura perhaps checking the containment units or fighting off a first wave of drones , children would not be the first line of defence at least if it were up to me.

Maybe I'm expecting more but ,surely if Hickman or whoever wrote this book knows the CoV history they would know how to tell a real fact finding mission that spans one book and the action or fight spans the other, considering how well Carey did it in Supernovas , it was the same start for the CoV , they too were on a fact finding, recon mission, only made more urgent by a requirement to kill Creed before he revealed their secret, so I don't get how X-Men can't do this close to or better than the Children in 2006
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-25-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

this was just the first act of a decompressed story
    it can still be very good, I am not worried at all

I’m SCREAMING! This just made my day.

Complete different things, Orchis is a murder machine. Cotv are setient beings

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The writers are to blame, typically to accommodate such a timespan ,you at least give Synch some sort of mental diary log of like the first 48 hours of recon and what they find and only after 48 hours reveal that they have been discovered after evading capture for those 2 days since their arrival. Somehow the writers chose that they get to run into the children on day one, unless the fact finding took the next 3 months, I don't see how the guys couldn't at least designate different duties, Darwin more likely adaptable to chameleon mode, Synch sensing and recording the abilities,Laura perhaps checking the containment units or fighting off a first wave of drones , children would not be the first line of defence at least if it were up to me.

Maybe I'm expecting more but ,surely if Hickman or whoever wrote this book knows the CoV history they would know how to tell a real fact finding mission that spans one book and the action or fight spans the other, considering how well Carey did it in Supernovas , it was the same start for the CoV , they too were on a fact finding, recon mission, only made more urgent by a requirement to kill Creed before he revealed their secret, so I don't get how X-Men can't do this close to or better than the Children in 2006
    I don’t understand why the mission had to be stealth at all I guess. They wanted to go in quiet but we knew 13 issues ago that was not going to happen. I don’t see why the next issue can’t be about fact finding either. It’s also a bit unfair to compare this to Carey’s story as his is complete and Hickman’s isn’t.

We know in story that the City, despite its size, is very sparsely populated, Hickman made a point of that. The X-Men are found out immediately and proceeded to take out the CoV easily just like the City predicted based on the CoV current “levels.” Based on Carey’s run the X-Men just took out the main fighting force of the CoV minus a couple. I will admit that it’s been a long time since I read Carey’s run so if there is a major player still unaccounted for that could be an issue later. What is the City supposed to do now that it doesn’t have any defense mechanisms? What’s left to stop the X-Men from getting the information they came for? I’m sure it won’t be a cake walk moving forward but I doubt they come up empty handed, even if they do we don’t know if that’s part of the larger picture.

I’ll be honest I was expecting some recon work to be done this issue also but it didn’t happen. That doesn’t mean I think the issue is bad it just wasn’t exactly what I expected which can be either good, bad or neutral. I’m not trying to argue that the team shouldn’t have tried to be stealthy but I would argue that to expect that scenario after the end of issue 5 seems to me a bit unrealistic. I felt like we knew right away that team was walking into a fight for their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don’t understand why the mission had to be stealth at all I guess. They wanted to go in quiet but we knew 13 issues ago that was not going to happen. I don’t see why the next issue can’t be about fact finding either. It’s also a bit unfair to compare this to Carey’s story as his is complete and Hickman’s isn’t.

We know in story that the City, despite its size, is very sparsely populated, Hickman made a point of that. The X-Men are found out immediately and proceeded to take out the CoV easily just like the City predicted based on the CoV current “levels.” Based on Carey’s run the X-Men just took out the main fighting force of the CoV minus a couple. I will admit that it’s been a long time since I read Carey’s run so if there is a major player still unaccounted for that could be an issue later. What is the City supposed to do now that it doesn’t have any defense mechanisms? What’s left to stop the X-Men from getting the information they came for? I’m sure it won’t be a cake walk moving forward but I doubt they come up empty handed, even if they do we don’t know if that’s part of the larger picture.

I’ll be honest I was expecting some recon work to be done this issue also but it didn’t happen. That doesn’t mean I think the issue is bad it just wasn’t exactly what I expected which can be either good, bad or neutral. I’m not trying to argue that the team shouldn’t have tried to be stealthy but I would argue that to expect that scenario after the end of issue 5 seems to me a bit unrealistic. I felt like we knew right away that team was walking into a fight for their lives.
    How will they collect information if not stealth?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Orchis is staffed with humans....the humans build the robots to kill the mutants. The city is staffed with machines that build the proto-humans to kill the mutants (and apparently the normal humans)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Orchis is a man-made organization made up of a bunch of bigoted humans hell bent on solving the "mutant problem".