Page 641 of 661 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643644645651 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 9901

After her talk with Zaofan, Etrina and Erosa Meagan entered the building, but stayed just inside the doorway, looking out onto the plaza. The others were getting ready to leave, but for her, this would be her new home for at least several months if not longer.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-30-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "...."

Totoma was flabbergasted. Karine had... never been this forward and open when it came to sex that he could recall. To hear her say what she'd just said was... actually kind of exciting. Especially because it likely meant that they'd become... even closer than they were soon. He suppressed his excitement, though his tail, regardless, uncurled from around her waist, stood straight up, and began to wage excitedly.

****, by now, she's gotta know what that means...

Hm, if he wins, he gets to 'top', and if she wins... she 'tops'. Really, either one was fine with him, though from what he knew of sex, letting her be in control the first time would probably be more comfortable... let her control the pace and, er... depth. And... well, to be honest, the mental imagine of her riding him, being in control of the him was... really hot.

Then again, he sort of found the idea of him being in control hot, too. Pinning her down--gently, of course--teasing her until she help but yelp in that cute voice of hers... hehehehe.

He clapsed his hand over his face. "You're keeping me something, alright." After a moment, he lowered the hand.

"...pretty much sounds like a win-win to me, so... alright, I accept. On the count of three..."

He knelt down, grinned, and then yelled "Three!" and shot off into the air, towards Capital City. Heh, she'd probably expected that, given how he was, but... still, this race wasn't really a serious matter--it was just two lovers having some fun.
    Karine did catch onto the tail moving, it had been done a few times now when they seemed to be looking forward to something. She'd tease them about it but opted against it instead for now. Her mother was far better at that sort of thing, though perhaps in time she'd get far better at it. Not that it was important in the here and now.

She got ready for the race as Totoma counted down, before suddenly dashing off not completing the count. "Hey! No fair!" The laughter in her voice and the amused expression made it clear she was in no shape angry as she gave chase.

In truth, she was fine either way and more then likely Totoma would win realistically given that he was the stronger of the two, thus faster. That worked in her favor since she knew at least on a instrincual level having a strong mate was attractive, proving it again was even more. Not that she be opposed to her winning either, it was just preference when they got to it.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Impressive growth," said Tasure, returning the smirk. "...four years then. But, at the very least, you're better positioned to grow strong than Saiyans of my generation. I took me... until after I was dead to fully shake off the mindset and beliefs limiting my growth as a warrior."

She sighed. "I'd come to believe that Saiyan culture had become self-limiting for us, but I underestimated the extent. Just... listen to Maiz and Mato's teachings and you'll grow very powerful indeed."

Tasure wasn't sure whether bolstering the girl's ego with compliments was a good idea or bad idea. Judging from her age and her power level just five days ago, she'd certainly been bound for the meat market, and, having been in a similar situation early on in her CTC years... Tasure knew well the effect a little outside confidence could have. Then again, it might inflate her ego too much for her idol to so freely compliment her.

Either way, while this Sarada girl's talent was actually pretty notable, Tasure was mostly interested in her as a vehicle to drive Totoma's growth. After all, a proper rival was very beneficial to one's drive and motivation.
    Yeah, four years sounded about right. Then again, that may have been underestimating her again, if what Eva said about her potential was true. She was chosen out of all the Saiyans on Vocado because of that potential. How that translated to her gaining strength at an alarming rate wasn't known to her at the time, but she was certain there was some correlation. "Yeah, that won't be a problem," she responded when advised to listen to Maiz and Mato.

She didn't know where she would be if she hadn't learned to listen to the elderly Saiyan woman years ago.

Dead, more than likely. Or at least not in a position to be having this conversation with Tasure at this moment. At any rate, after seeing the benefits of heeding their suggestions, she saw no reason to stop now.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He smiles.

“Once I’ve taken Kenshiko and Willa to the WG Police, I’ll swing back by here and pick you up.”
    "That works fine by me. I'll probably be at the transport ship from the raid. I've got some, er....."

Held paused for a moment, resisting the urge to smile maniacally as best as he could. He had finished cataloging the treasure the Raiders had graciously donated earlier, all that remained was to prepare it for transport when he headed over to Capsule Corps.

"Well, let's just call it a small errand or two to look into."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar's head bobbed slowly, as the Goddess explained. And in the end, Asha'rah simply wished to know what it was, that troubled her. A thing the Oni considered only for a moment.

"I suppose, there is no reason in refusing to say. It is as you say after all, in the end most of those assembled here will go on their way." And in the end, even in the best of situations Ishtar would have as well ... Heading out once more to understand what was to come, in the hopes of being prepared. Yet in light of this new information, what peace the Oni had found was to fade sooner than later; and what hope there was of remaining awhile, along with it.

Ishtar sighed.

"I just wanted to be freed of this ... burden, for a little while. I was given a second chance, and with it I believed; came time enough perhaps to rest and be at peace in the company of those I have developed a fondness for." Ishtar explained, slowly.

"Yet I have learned, than an echo of my past- the first act of a grief-stricken Destroyer- yet lingers. And it is a thing I will be compelled to return to, regardless of what I feel now. So in the end, it seems as if what I wished for will never be."

Ishtar sighed again, before shrugging.

"Nothing so profound, I suppose. Merely a woman who languishes at knowing her hoping was nothing more than a foolish dream."
    Ishtar had wanted some time to relax, to forget her worries among her friends, amidst the euphoria of a hard-earned victory. It was a simple longing, a natural one. One she found she had to put aside, resigning herself to her lonely journey once more. For she had a burden...the destructive nature within? Yes. Ishtar's destructive energies were akin but not identical to the tempered wrath of godly destructive energy as Asha'rah knew them. These energies were like a raging bonfire, straining to break free of all control and reason. Given even the tiniest bit of free reign, they burned away at Ishtar herself, as Sarada, Asha'rah and Zurvan had seen in bleak detail.

How had Ishtar been infused with such energies? It was not typical for an oni, so far as Asha'rah knew. Ishtar was evidently troubled by them, had caused devastation when she lost something - or someone- dear to her.

And so it was that you came to focus on balance. For to lose it brings great danger, for yourself and those around you. What harm was wrought upon the universe as your soul cried out in agony? It must have been epic in scope to have compelled you to build so strong a castle into the foundations of your heart. It must have been epic for its mark to linger still.

Asha'rah looked skywards, the final stars still glimmering faintly through the sunlight.

"I have been slumbering too long. I lack my former strength, and cannot yet hope to best whatever has afflicted the Kamis. For that, I must train. But beyond that I lack an understanding of the state of things beyond this world. I would know the state of what I forged."

She turned her attention to Ishtar, her tone growing noticeably lighter.

"Beyond getting out there though, I have no concrete plans. I cannot promise you peace. But if it is company you seek on your journey," Asha'rah said, spreading her hands, "all you have to do is ask."

In truth, Ishtar wouldn't need even that. But Asha'rah liked to be asked.

"It may be that we get so sick of each other in the next month that you'll eject me from the nearest air lock. But I would walk this path with you, should you desire it."
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 04-29-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine did catch onto the tail moving, it had been done a few times now when they seemed to be looking forward to something. She'd tease them about it but opted against it instead for now. Her mother was far better at that sort of thing, though perhaps in time she'd get far better at it. Not that it was important in the here and now.

She got ready for the race as Totoma counted down, before suddenly dashing off not completing the count. "Hey! No fair!" The laughter in her voice and the amused expression made it clear she was in no shape angry as she gave chase.

In truth, she was fine either way and more then likely Totoma would win realistically given that he was the stronger of the two, thus faster. That worked in her favor since she knew at least on a instrincual level having a strong mate was attractive, proving it again was even more. Not that she be opposed to her winning either, it was just preference when they got to it.
    Tasure noticed the two shooting off into the sky, in the direction of Capital city. She smirked and shook her head. "Cheh, kids."

Still, seeing those two act like in the old days--pretty much playing around--was... heartening. Especially in Toto's case. While she hadn't been too pleased to find out that Toto had Kami--Eva--mess around in his head, she understood he'd felt it necessary at the time. And seeing the results... well, Tasure felt that he was as he should have been, without the... mistakes she had made, as well as indignities inflicted upon him.

She sighed. Back then, she'd been wholly unprepared to be a mother, and her mistakes had hurt Toto greatly. Right now, she felt she was much more prepared to be a mother to him, but now... he didn't really need her, did he? Yeah, he was still a boy in some ways, but, really, one could say that was part of his charm. Karine didn't seem to mind, in any case.

As the two kids' figures faded into the horizon, Tasure set about getting whatever business she had left on the lookout finished, so she could return home. Mostly, she just offered whoever remained a chance to train with her--these kids all had potential, after all, and she was pretty good at drawing out that sort of thing, if she said so herself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totoma burst forth from the cloud he'd entered, very much enjoying the 'breeze' rushing past him. Sure, relatively speaking, that 'breeze' was something like... three times the speed of sound or whatever, but to him it felt pretty gentle. Of course, he was in a good mood to begin with.

He flipped and crossed his arms, looking at Karine, who was trailing behind. Yeah, he'd probably win this, unless he intentionally lost... though that might piss her off? Or not... maybe she'd understand...

Ah, what a weird week it'd been. Never would he have imagined that he'd grow to be over ten times stronger, help save the world, and find himself the most beautiful, desirable mate in the world. Things were really lookin' up!

Speaking of Karine, it seems she'd gotten the hang of flying pretty quickly. Not surprising, really, since she was smart and had a ton of potential, according to Aiden. His mother, too, thought highly enough of her potential to train her... although, knowing his mom, it was purely a matter of pragmatism.

She knew that Nosferatu--the women, at least--desired strong mates, and she knew that he knew this... so naturally, he'd strive to be as strong a mate as possible for Karine. There was more to the relationship than that, of course, but... hey, making himself more attractive to his woman wasn't a bad thing, ya know?

He concentrated on Karine to establish a telepathic connection.

'Hehe, ya know, you surprised me there. You're... usually a lot more reserved about that subject," he said mentally. 'Not that I mind... though... um...'

There was a mental pause.

'...about those romance novels. Did you ever, uh... like... imagine yourself as the woman and me as the dashing guy when you were reading them?' It seemed pretty likely, but the only way to know for sure was to ask... and so ask he did. It'd take a while to get to Capital City, so he needed something to do, and since he connected telepathically with Karine so easily, might as well talk.

Hell, easier than actually speaking, what with the whole 'going faster than sound' thing almost certainly fucking up the flow of that.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Astonishing Member

The Nevadian felt nothing if not relieved.

All combat was over, and he had finally, mercifully, managed to ascertain the nature of the technique used to manifest Crazy Horn into this world. Much to his chagrin, it was far too late to help Held defeat the almost endless onslaught of enemies he had faced onto this point. But, it was better late than never, and it was difficult to tell how dedicated the noble creature would be to the en-devour.

Try as he might, Held struggled to imagine the beast assisting in the battle against Kenshiko and her raiders, without much Cajoling. Still, it seemed as if the resplendent ki of Kami, and the foul, repugnant Ki of the abomination inhabiting Fife had been to thank for awakening Crazy Horn once more. From whatever realm held it, it seemed its senses were still astute beyond mere space.

It made sense, he supposed. Held had did nothing to awaken Crazy Horn the first time, and yet, he appeared with no rhyme or reason. Had the Unicorn not realized what drew his attention this time, perhaps Held would have never made the connection.

Still....I guess it's time to focus on happier matters.

Stifling a yawn, the Nevadian exited his room in the lookout, heading for the Transport Ship that he had piloted earlier. He left it behind abruptly, entering the fray against Battersea and his cohorts, leaving many a precious thing behind. But, now he had time to pursue those precious things.

So much treasure.....Maybe I should have sent them my resume, as opposed to fighting against them....No....They were a bit to heavy. I would have been a mere pretender against that anger...

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Breathe? The thought sounded stupid at first. Ochazuke had struck him, sealing away his breathing... or did he?

On the edge of consciousness Charco stood, the darkness was just upon him, yet like that, it was over. Taking in a breath, fresh oxygen returned, only to be sputtered out by gasps as the boy greedily gulped at the air previous denied to him.

Had it really been that simple? Had it all been in his head? Uncertain, he just lied on the floor a bit longer and savored his newly rediscovered ability to breathe.

"That... was rough." He admitted.
    Ochazuke nodded solemnly to Charco. Though certainly the difficulty rendered in breathing through seized lungs was no illusion, it is difficult to train intuition without the experience of feeling.

"That shape of fear in your memory, this was a short brush with it," he said. "When you were brought low and into the little death it brings, it stole your rationality and seized on instinct."

He looked to him upon his spot on the floor and let him gather his breath there. This would allow him to engrave this feeling in his memory.

"Instinct is a thing for animals. It is no substitute for intuition. You have a great deal of pride rooted in that foundation of your technique. The instinct of death will take that away from you, just as I had taken your breathing."

Most men crumpled and choked on their panic when they forgot to take their air. However, Charco had done just the opposite, planting his feet to fight back. The training he'd had would not allow him to accept less.

"Your lashing out shows you are not so easily swayed, but this too is a deception. You know intuitively the death-instinct can heighten your edge. All the same, it fixed your limbs to a rehearsed routine. All you could think of was striking back, and so seized by this desire you'd lost yourself to it. The mentality of no-mind is not the mentality without mind, understand? There is a difference between accepting your circumstances and resigning to your fate."

Default Rewind: Held

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian felt nothing if not relieved.

All combat was over, and he had finally, mercifully, managed to ascertain the nature of the technique used to manifest Crazy Horn into this world. Much to his chagrin, it was far too late to help Held defeat the almost endless onslaught of enemies he had faced onto this point. But, it was better late than never, and it was difficult to tell how dedicated the noble creature would be to the en-devour.

Try as he might, Held struggled to imagine the beast assisting in the battle against Kenshiko and her raiders, without much Cajoling. Still, it seemed as if the resplendent ki of Kami, and the foul, repugnant Ki of the abomination inhabiting Fife had been to thank for awakening Crazy Horn once more. From whatever realm held it, it seemed its senses were still astute beyond mere space.

It made sense, he supposed. Held had did nothing to awaken Crazy Horn the first time, and yet, he appeared with no rhyme or reason. Had the Unicorn not realized what drew his attention this time, perhaps Held would have never made the connection.

Still....I guess it's time to focus on happier matters.

Stifling a yawn, the Nevadian exited his room in the lookout, heading for the Transport Ship that he had piloted earlier. He left it behind abruptly, entering the fray against Battersea and his cohorts, leaving many a precious thing behind. But, now he had time to pursue those precious things.

So much treasure.....Maybe I should have sent them my resume, as opposed to fighting against them....No....They were a bit to heavy. I would have been a mere pretender against that anger...
    She'd declared that she would go with Rautt to their end. Ochazuke had tried to wrest her from this path, but she'd released him now like he had once thought he had left her all those years ago and that was that.

Loyalty is a currency hard-earned, and sparingly parted in its preciousness. When it is the last thing to hold on to, even from a place so ill-formed and twisted as the Red Raiders, how could he have thought to ask Kenshiko to let it go?

Let the dead rest. He'd let her twin sister down. She'd followed her then.

So why shouldn't this truth shake him so? After a long moment, Ochazuke managed to turn his view from the opened cargo door where she sat, looking down only on the fist formed by the memories and intentions of many like her. His grip tightened and trembled under that weight.

He turned away from her at last, and saw Held approach there from behind him.

"You look exhausted," he said in his usual frank manner, though a shallow smile raised at the corners of his mouth "it's fitting, I suppose, after all I've asked of you. You are a man of your word, and you saw it through. For this I am grateful."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "You're wrong.....wrong......So wrong..." Two hands shot up, gripped Asha'rahs wrist and arm with unimaginable crushing force, ripping his hand free before pswinging and slamming the god of creation against the ground. Golden liquid dripped from the burned hand imprint on her head....the damage was severe but she didn't seem to care at all.

Pinning her to the ground, Parsic leaned in. Her golden eyes, perfectly whole despite the burned flesh around them, open unnatural wide....

"......I was here before you.......I'll be here after your gone....I am the nothing that is everything." Her eyes glowed, the infinite spiraling inside. "......we were innocent.....eternal and empty........you befouled our innocence with the light of creation. Mocked us with your concept of destruction. You drove the old ones away......your my enemy."

The void closed in from all sides. Asha felt a horrifying presence hiding just beyond the aspects eyes. Something was coming.

"Submit."
    The Singing Void being gripped Asha'rah's arm with a force that she would have approved of if she had clamped down with Monkey Steals the Peach. Plates on her arm buckled and gave way before Asha'rah found herself slammed into the soil. Then she spoke, madness filling her eyes. She claimed there was a universe before the light. A universe cold and empty, but filled with life of a sort. She compared Asha'rah's light to a pestilence, driving away beings older than Ash'rah herself. To her mind, Asha'rah was but an invader who had destroyed everything she had ever known. For a moment, Asha'rah allowed herself a twinge of doubt. But it had no place on the battlefield, simulated or not.

"I might be more inclined to sympathize, if you had not murdered a child a thousandfold."

Something was coming from the mad being's eyes. Something Asha'rah would do well not to take lying down. But before it unleashed its horror, it spoke one word: Submit. It wished Asha'rah to surrender? What did it hope to achieve from such?

Asha'rah twisted, her legs sweeping the golden being's anchor foot from under her. Using the being's weight against her, Asha'rah leveraged the pinning arm, slamming the being into the ground and trapping her in an armbar. Asha'rah pulled on the arm, forcing joints to bend in ways they weren't designed to. In the meantime, her orbs surrounded her foe's head, four of them battering at her skull while the others whirled around. The moment the being unleashed whatever it was preparing from her eyes, a vortex shield of aura would come sweeping down like a fishbowl around her head, trapping her with her own attack. Heaven's Gate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    She'd declared that she would go with Rautt to their end. Ochazuke had tried to wrest her from this path, but she'd released him now like he had once thought he had left her all those years ago and that was that.

Loyalty is a currency hard-earned, and sparingly parted in its preciousness. When it is the last thing to hold on to, even from a place so ill-formed and twisted as the Red Raiders, how could he have thought to ask Kenshiko to let it go?

Let the dead rest. He'd let her twin sister down. She'd followed her then.

So why shouldn't this truth shake him so? After a long moment, Ochazuke managed to turn his view from the opened cargo door where she sat, looking down only on the fist formed by the memories and intentions of many like her. His grip tightened and trembled under that weight.

He turned away from her at last, and saw Held approach there from behind him.

"You look exhausted," he said in his usual frank manner, though a shallow smile raised at the corners of his mouth "it's fitting, I suppose, after all I've asked of you. You are a man of your word, and you saw it through. For this I am grateful."
    "Eh?"

The Nevadian was jarred from his thoughts by a gruff, yet familar voice.

Before him stood Ochazuke, with his stoic demeanor, seemingly as calm and implacable as usual.

"Indeed." He agreed, returning the slight smile with a weary one of his own, "Although, it's fair to say we've all been put through the grinder. I can't recall the last time I've had such a harrowing day."

Held was silent for a moment, as Ochazuke offered his thanks. Perhaps it was exhaustion taking its toll, but it took several moments for the Nevadian to recall the promise which he had made. Or perhaps he had pushed the ordeal from his mind, all the battle and bloodshed that had came as a result of the saving of this world.

"I won't say it was easy." Held replied at last, "But, I guess it wasn't impossible after all. Think nothing of it."

Although, it was a close call....I half thought she was going to kill herself in her rage, never mind my own attacks...

Belatedly, a realization came upon the Nevadian. Jinzi had made mention of Kenshiko being on the transport ship, even after all this time. The Nevadian had assumed she had been moved by now. It was perhaps a hasty assumption, given Ochazukes presence, and the slightest hints of agitation on his part.

"....I haven't interrupted anything, have I?" Held said with a sheepish smile, "I was coming here on other business, but I can return later."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Well, in a way. It got me fighting for all the good I ended up doing in the battle." Midori muttered, feeling herself get down as she remembered how useless she ended up being during the battle.

"As for what he said, he basically told me to stand and fight or get out of the way." Midori said, remembering exactly what he told her.
    "So you got up." Asha'rah said, nodding once, "you were snapped from your mindset, and became an active participant in the battle once more."

Ochazuke had a way with words. Not a kind way. But a way. Asha'rah had suspected that Ochazuke's attitude would have a positive effect on Midori, whether she fully appreciated it or not. The green robot was full of life, spunk and open-mindedness. But she had a tendency to inflate her own expectations. Asha'rah suspected when the bubble burst, it did not treat Midori kindly. She was young at heart, too young. As if she had rarely experienced real mental hardship. It could be a dangerous softness to bring into battle, cutting short the life of one Asha'rah was confident could rise to be a great hero of her time if allowed to flourish properly.

"Midori, you want to become more effective in battle, yes? You hate the feeling of being faced with an insurmountable wall, with seemingly everyone but yourself finding a way to chip away at its cracks."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "So you got up." Asha'rah said, nodding once, "you were snapped from your mindset, and became an active participant in the battle once more."

Ochazuke had a way with words. Not a kind way. But a way. Asha'rah had suspected that Ochazuke's attitude would have a positive effect on Midori, whether she fully appreciated it or not. The green robot was full of life, spunk and open-mindedness. But she had a tendency to inflate her own expectations. Asha'rah suspected when the bubble burst, it did not treat Midori kindly. She was young at heart, too young. As if she had rarely experienced real mental hardship. It could be a dangerous softness to bring into battle, cutting short the life of one Asha'rah was confident could rise to be a great hero of her time if allowed to flourish properly.

"Midori, you want to become more effective in battle, yes? You hate the feeling of being faced with an insurmountable wall, with seemingly everyone but yourself finding a way to chip away at its cracks."
    "Yes. But it often seems impossible for me to catch up with beings who can change, grow, evolve, and improve themselves through hard work, while I can only do such things by having someone else work on me like the machine I am. Shiro's planning on going on a trip to gather materials to help improve us so we're not left behind, which will likely only work until everyone else grows beyond what the improvements give us." Midori said.

"If I'm being honest, I have to admit that a selfish little part of me wished that I'd used one of the wishes from Dragon Balls to transform myself into a biological being so I can grow and improve myself like the others." Midori explained, rubbing at her arm as she spoke.

"I hate that I have that little part of me, because there are better things those wishes could be used for and it'd probably hurt Shiro more than one could imagine." Midori said, not looking to the elder android, ashamed by her admission.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Ishtar had wanted some time to relax, to forget her worries among her friends, amidst the euphoria of a hard-earned victory. It was a simple longing, a natural one. One she found she had to put aside, resigning herself to her lonely journey once more. For she had a burden...the destructive nature within? Yes. Ishtar's destructive energies were akin but not identical to the tempered wrath of godly destructive energy as Asha'rah knew them. These energies were like a raging bonfire, straining to break free of all control and reason. Given even the tiniest bit of free reign, they burned away at Ishtar herself, as Sarada, Asha'rah and Zurvan had seen in bleak detail.

How had Ishtar been infused with such energies? It was not typical for an oni, so far as Asha'rah knew. Ishtar was evidently troubled by them, had caused devastation when she lost something - or someone- dear to her.

And so it was that you came to focus on balance. For to lose it brings great danger, for yourself and those around you. What harm was wrought upon the universe as your soul cried out in agony? It must have been epic in scope to have compelled you to build so strong a castle into the foundations of your heart. It must have been epic for its mark to linger still.

Asha'rah looked skywards, the final stars still glimmering faintly through the sunlight.

"I have been slumbering too long. I lack my former strength, and cannot yet hope to best whatever has afflicted the Kamis. For that, I must train. But beyond that I lack an understanding of the state of things beyond this world. I would know the state of what I forged."

She turned her attention to Ishtar, her tone growing noticeably lighter.

"Beyond getting out there though, I have no concrete plans. I cannot promise you peace. But if it is company you seek on your journey," Asha'rah said, spreading her hands, "all you have to do is ask."

In truth, Ishtar wouldn't need even that. But Asha'rah liked to be asked.

"It may be that we get so sick of each other in the next month that you'll eject me from the nearest air lock. But I would walk this path with you, should you desire it."
    Asha'rah remained silent a long time.

Perhaps simply to digest what was somewhat cryptically offered, by Ishtar herself. Which was understandable. There was no denying that when it came to the matter of her nature, the Oni had ever attempted to work around the blunt truth of things. Especially now, exposed as she was to her own emotions and the emotions of others; after so many centuries with only herself to confide in. And in the past perhaps the reason for such obfuscation- within the confines of speaking only truth- was simply a matter of her own lingering grief, and shame ... and hope, that such an eventuality might have been forestalled.

Yet there was no such hope now.

Eventually however, the silence was ended, and Ishtar listened as Asha'rah spoke of her own aims.

'I would know the state of what I forged ... beyond getting out there though, I have no concrete plans.'

In this, the Oni knew Asha'rah spoke of the stars. The planets that circled them. The carnal pleasures of all sentient life, and likely more ... so much more. And so, for the second time in as many days, Ishtar could only wonder at what the truth of the former Goddess before her was. Of how she rose ... and fell, and why; and along with it came an interest in what she looked like ... felt like, wholly freed.

Yet such thoughts perhaps, would be saved for later; as what was uttered next, caught the golden-eyed Oni off guard: an offer to accompany.

... What ?

Head jerking around to focus slowly on the burnished plate of Asha'rah's facsimile face, Ishtar could only stare for a few moments before finally managing a response.

"You ... would ... walk with me ?"

Perhaps not the most coherent response, but the words themselves were all the Oni could manage at first. After all ... most of what the golden-eyed Oni had done ... most of what she had seen; had been alone. What moments of shared experience there were to be found in Ishtar's past, were few and far between. For Asha'rah to offer, it was ... almost too much.

It took another few moments, then, but with eyes still locked on that expressionless mask Ishtar found within her more words.

"Would travel with me, be my ... company; as I- we- made our way to Tatenen ... and, Ilargi." The Oni paused. To blink. To think. And when the pause was ended, the golden-eyed Oni blinked, and bowed her head slightly.

"Asha'rah I ..." Ishtar started, softly.

"Your company would be ... enjoyable, I do not doubt such ... but ... It is a lot to ask ... and that I do not know what is waiting for me in the ruins of my past ... I ... do not know."

The golden-eyed Oni sighed, before raising her eyes to gaze at Asha'rah once more.

"... I made promises to Sarada, I would try to keep despite this newfound calling. I will attempt to stay ... another day, at least. Would you ... could you ... maybe ... please ... give me time to think on this ?"
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 04-30-2018 at 01:33 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar was silent a moment as she considered the possible reasons why a being like this 'Jagam', might subject a boy of ten to torture. He could have simply killed the boy, broken his will, after he slaughtered his mother; and then when Totoma was broken simply left the bot behind as another corpse. In the end however the true reason likely mattered less than the fact that it had happened at all. With Tasure's response that such infuriated her as well ... It also seemed prudent to leave the conversation alone for now.

So with a soft sigh, and small smile, Ishtar turned her attention to the matter of training.

"On the matter of training ... I suspect much was learned in the Afterlife that would not have been afforded you on the side of the living. I can only imagine the insight that will be offered in the, ah ... 'busting of ass' ? ... Will be worthwhile." The Oni said, obviously curious.
    "Heh, hell yeah. I learned training methods I could only dream of, learned from teachers you'd only hear about in legends, from Super Saiyan to Super Namek," said Tasure, grinning excitedly. "For example, I learned a method of suppressing ki that, used correctly, allows one to reap increased gains. Of course, used incorrectly, it can actually break your ability to use ki, possibly permanently... and it's hard to un-do quickly, so if ya run into something you can't handle while using this technique, hmhm, well, I hope you're either flexible enough to kiss your ass goodbye or damned good at hide and seek."

"Anyway... I'll gladly train anyone that wants it. Already have Sarada on board for a few months, at least," she said. A grin spread across her face. "Heh, that girl wants to surpass me, and, if I'm being honest... she may very well do that. And she'll definitely pass where I was ten years ago pretty soon, at this rate."

She appraised the Oni for a moment. "Hm, you wouldn't happen to be interested in a bit of training? You have an... impressive amount of power bubbling just beneath the surface, waiting to be unleashed, but you don't carry yourself like you know how to fight. At all."

That was a very odd situation to be in. Most people beyong a certain threshold of power knew how to fight, and yet this Oni gave off the impression of only having the barest knowledge of self-defense. Better than nothing, but far from the expert martial artist one would expect from someone at or above her level.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.