Page 308 of 750 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It was Bruno and in Ms. Marvel issue 18 of the previous run. It was a good read. I think that side plot is wrapped up in issue 29 and 30.
    Just issue 18 takes place in Wakanda the other two are Bruno coming back to New Jersey, but he brings the friend he made in 18 for a visit and he provides funny commentary.

Someone commented that they wanted to see more mundane Wakandan life. Issue 18 provides that, but I liked it.
    Last edited by Cville; 07-12-2020 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is that worth reading? Is it wakanda based?
    it's woth reading if you're a Ms. Marvel fan
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The book doesn't really need to elevate him. He is one of the people working on one of the most anticipated videogames of the next generation for the most well renowned comic book franchise ever: Spider-Man: Miles Morales. In a way, I think he will be doing the BP mythos a favour by writing a solo.
    Sure. If you're looking for a writer that can do a solid job, I think Evan works. I think the over arching narrative of Rise could have used some work, but each issue as a whole was solid. Dialogue and characterization for the most part worked. For a relative new comer to comics, it mostly didn't show. Mostly. He's not my first pick, but I wouldn't dislike it one bit. And if it helps the character on the video game side of things down the line, all the better.

so is BP gonna make an appearance in the King in Black you know....as the OG
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I looked up the quote (to confirm it was real). FYI, he ends his thought with this:

This is not going to be some Nipsey Hussle being murdered, they’re doing a documentary, we have so many soldiers that die for our freedom, our freedom of information, that there is a cure for AIDS out there, there is going to be a mix of big pharma and holistic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    They canceled the Agents of Wakanda Empyre tie in books too.

https://www.gamesradar.com/black-pan...riter-jim-zub/
    That's really disappointing. I was hoping these tie-ins at least would go digital. That being said, I haven't committed to buying Empyre at all (vs. reading on Unlimited) so I'm a bit hypocritical. I like thinking of these things as works of literature that can stand the test of time, but Marvel is obviously a business that makes consumable entertainment for the present time.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would have to imagine so. Outside of Spider-Man and maybe the X-Men, how many Marvel heroes in total have had anything like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    if they'd let me drive, nobody would have issues of any kind with anything BP-related. i could update and repair all damage and stabilize the mythology into something everyone could understand and which would not need a complete reboot every time a new writer takes over.

but that ain't happening.
    I really wish Marvel would take you up on this. A continuity-conscious writer isn't something that Marvel prioritizes, but I think Black Panther would benefit from that because every writer has had their own "take" on the character, which has led to some sloppiness recently. Honestly, this goes back to Priest, which demonstrates that these takes haven't been a bad thing (I think Hudlin's transformation has been incredibly influential, for example), but the continuity is a mess right now.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

^^^^^

Ur acting like other writers didn't write a black panther solo book before....
    Yeah I feel this is an elaborate excuse to not write the character and try to explain it away as being "too hard" Priest pretty much revamped the character entirely. Hudlin, who has no comic experience, revamped Wakanda and added on new elements and did so seemlessly, Narcisse consolidated all the origins and characters over the years and made it coherent.. Coates for all the isht he gets (all well deserved) atleast was able to have good ideas for story arcs and if he actually liked the character and could pace properly (probably would of helped h
    If he aimed for 6-8 issue arcs instead of 12-13) he could of been a solid writer.

All of this stuff is easily done. JA wrote a massive 5 year + Thor story and his mythos and world is similar to T'Challa. So again like what's been said. It's not about more at play behind the scenes but rather there isn't a point man or high level writer who wants to write T'Challa and has love for him. The only dude that does Marvel won't hire him despite his cartoon success

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so is BP gonna make an appearance in the King in Black you know....as the OG
    If it's a company wide event, I think it's almost a given the Avengers, BP included, will at least appear. Though I suspect the focus will be more on the Spiderman side of things, so I wouldn't get my expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I looked up the quote (to confirm it was real). FYI, he ends his thought with this:

That's really disappointing. I was hoping these tie-ins at least would go digital. That being said, I haven't committed to buying Empyre at all (vs. reading on Unlimited) so I'm a bit hypocritical. I like thinking of these things as works of literature that can stand the test of time, but Marvel is obviously a business that makes consumable entertainment for the present time.

I would have to imagine so. Outside of Spider-Man and maybe the X-Men, how many Marvel heroes in total have had anything like this?

I really wish Marvel would take you up on this. A continuity-conscious writer isn't something that Marvel prioritizes, but I think Black Panther would benefit from that because every writer has had their own "take" on the character, which has led to some sloppiness recently. Honestly, this goes back to Priest, which demonstrates that these takes haven't been a bad thing (I think Hudlin's transformation has been incredibly influential, for example), but the continuity is a mess right now.
    I think a big part of the Rise book was to try and consolidate the mythos, which definitely needed some house cleaning given the layer upon layer of retcons we've gotten. If the writer just goes from there instead of trying to reinvent the wheel for the dozenth time, continuity should be mostly resolved.

Rise was mediocre, full of contrived and forced MU connections, and is only superior to the average Coates arc because things actually happened in every issue. I would have preferred no attempt to clean up the inconsistencies at all.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I tend to agree. I couldn't help but feel Narcisse had a checklist of things he wanted/was expected to include, whether it worked in the plot or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Rise was mediocre, full of contrived and forced MU connections, and is only superior to the average Coates arc because things actually happened in every issue. I would have preferred no attempt to clean up the inconsistencies at all.
    Though I felt the storytelling was mediocre (that might even be a tad generous), I do think he handled action and characterization pretty well. I think the book did it's job as providing an orign story for T'Challa (and Killmonger) f0r any potential new readers from the movies, while making a pretty descent attempt at streaming the characters mythos. I do agree some elements were ham fisted into an orign story, but that's a pretty normal thing to happen when you retell an orign story. Writers always tend to try and connect things.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I tend to agree. I couldn't help but feel Narcisse had a checklist of things he wanted/was expected to include, whether it worked in the plot or not.
    I think its purpose actually was an origin story/checklist/fix the timeline of sorts.

It was described as a "year one" type of thing if memory serves me correctly.

Considering it was his first time writing fiction (I think, at least first time writing comics), he at least nailed the personalities and had an overarching plot to the 6 issue checklist lol.

But, i tend to enjoy continuity history stuff more than most.

I think I mentioned before, but it is refreshing to talk about whether the story is good or bad, instead of, "the character on the cover wasn't in the book" lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Honestly I think Narcisse was a Hudlin in the making, sure he had a checklist, but he understood the character and had love for him. He could also write fight scene's and if he was given an extra 6 issues I think he overarching story would of been really good. Had he had someone with experience and not Coates as the consultant and had editorial oversight to help as well he would of done even better. Really the only reason rise didn't do bigger numbers is because BP wow and BP Crew killed all the hype and burned the Goodwill for the spin offs. If it came first instead of BP wow I bet it would of turned into an ongoing

Black panther is back in second place in the american box office.

I think its purpose actually was an origin story/checklist/fix the timeline of sorts.

It was described as a "year one" type of thing if memory serves me correctly.

Considering it was his first time writing fiction (I think, at least first time writing comics), he at least nailed the personalities and had an overarching plot to the 6 issue checklist lol.

But, i tend to enjoy continuity history stuff more than most.

I think I mentioned before, but it is refreshing to talk about whether the story is good or bad, instead of, "the character on the cover wasn't in the book" lol
    For the record, my specific issue was the number of guest stars that really had no major role or reason to be in the book (and the 4 guest stars who WEREN'T in the book).