Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Peter David Returns to the X-Factor in 'X-Men Legends' #5

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...5-announcement

Peter David and Todd Nauck kick off a new 'X-Men Legends' arc in July!

X-MEN LEGENDS, the series featuring all-new tales set during classic X-Men eras, continues this July with writer Peter David and artist Todd Nauck! Peter David returns to X-Men with a story set during his fan-favorite run on X-FACTOR. A highlight of the X-Men’s nineties heyday, Peter David’s X-FACTOR defined characters such as Polaris, Multiple Man, and Strong Guy, and featured sharp commentary on the mutant metaphor and Super Hero lifestyle. Now, fans can revisit this beloved era with a revelatory, in-continuity adventure that takes place between X-FACTOR #75 and #76.

Mutants have taken hostages, and X-Factor is taking the blame! But before judgment is rendered for Polaris, Havok, Wolfsbane, Strong Guy, Quicksilver, and Multiple Man, Val Cooper and X-Factor will take the stand! But who’s telling the truth, and what really went down at the Latverian Embassy? It all makes sense…from a certain point of view.

“X-Factor are old friends of mine, and I was delighted when Marvel gave me the opportunity to revisit them,” David says. “I have to admit, I was a little concerned since so many years have passed. But the moment I started writing them it was like no time had gone by it all.”

Following Fabian Nicieza and Louise Simonson, David is the latest legendary X-Men scribe to return to their groundbreaking runs to tie up loose ends, resolve long-standing plot danglers, and reveal shocking truths that will change the past and future of the X-Men! Check out Todd Nauck’s cover above as well as a special puzzle variant cover below!

Last edited by Lucas 35; 04-13-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Love Todd Nauck seems like a cool guy.

I think this gonna sell really good

Cool, will be getting that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I guess Larry Stroman wasn't available.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully this is another two-parter (at most). I liked his Symbiote Spider-Man, he captures the feel of that period well but the story went on for too long. I am curious what or who the secret is going to focus on this time.

PAD is definitely the writer who understands Pietro the best
    I can't wait

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm always keen for more PAD comics, especially when they're in the X-corner of things.

I'm surprised they're waiting so long to bring Claremont to the fold though, I kinda always assumed he'd be launching this book given he's arguably the biggest draw in terms of legendary creators. Knowing him though, he probably pitched a 24-part story and they're coming out with the other writers first before he takes over.

Incredible Member

Why did he leave X-Factor in the first place? Was it because he wanted to focus on the Hulk? Either way, I wonder what old threads he's going to be resolving here.

Ultimate Member

Oh, that looks super-fun. Madrox and Rahne have gotten crap all to do in this Krakoa era, so hopefully they get a chance to shine in this past adventure!

I also love that cover, just because five members of the team are wearing coordinated X-uniforms, and there's Quicksilver, absolutely refusing to get with the program and just doing his own thing, 'cause he doesn't play well with others.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Why did he leave X-Factor in the first place? Was it because he wanted to focus on the Hulk? Either way, I wonder what old threads he's going to be resolving here.
    Not an answer, I just wanted to comment that I did not realize he left so soon after creating that team. I grew up on the Simonson's run, and took a break from comics in the early '90s and came back mid '00s to more PAD X-Factor and just thought he never left.

For people who stuck with '90s X-Factor, was PAD the best it was or how did it fare with the follow ups? I'm curious where he is going to go with this with so much of the development of that team done after he left.

“Whopper. No pickles.”

That was Pietro summed up better than anyone else ever tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    He got tired of his stories being derailed for mandatory crossovers from what I read.

Too bad Larry Stroman isn’t the artist. I like Todd, but man... I loved Stroman’s art.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Too bad Larry Stroman isn’t the artist. I like Todd, but man... I loved Stroman’s art.
    Stroman's art isnt what it used to be. His last X-stuff was kinda ugly IMO

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not an answer, I just wanted to comment that I did not realize he left so soon after creating that team. I grew up on the Simonson's run, and took a break from comics in the early '90s and came back mid '00s to more PAD X-Factor and just thought he never left.

For people who stuck with '90s X-Factor, was PAD the best it was or how did it fare with the follow ups? I'm curious where he is going to go with this with so much of the development of that team done after he left.
    I thought post-PAD X-Factor was mostly terrible, from Lobdell/DeMatteis to John Francis Moore (who otherwise wrote a very fine X-Force run later on) all the way to the end with Howard Mackie. Off the top of my head I'd say it was the worst mutant book of all at the time, and there were many stinkers from the mid-90s.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    He got tired of his stories being derailed for mandatory crossovers from what I read.
    Isn't all of humanity tired of that??

OOH, I LOVE those covers!