Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Writers Chelsea Cain and Marc Mohan will launch a new Vision series with artist Aud Koch starting in November. It will feature covers by Marcos Martin.
    Was not expecting Chelsea Cain to make her return to Marvel with a Vision book.

I'm curious to see how this will follow up from King's Vision, and I recall Cain's Mockingbird was cerebral in it's own way, so it'll be interesting to see what the approach to this book will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Especially since they're actually a couple writing together... I wish this could be a ScarletVision book. I wanted to get that Rogue & Gambit treatment.
    Rogue and Gambit are married, Peter and Mary Jane are back together...why not give us a new Scarlet Witch and Vision book .

(Though poor Jericho then becomes the inevitable romantic false lead ).

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh, yeah, we got Vision meeting Billy once during an Avengers annual, and then nothing ever again, which probably makes it worse, 'cause you know he knows Billy and can keep in touch, but apparently chooses not to. Not only that, but in Avengers #0 (2015), they actually portray him as someone willing to completely forget and rewrite his feelings for his old family, with no mention at all if he talked about this with Billy or Tommy or how they feel about that. And then he goes and creates a new family with new kids and, again, the boys are nowhere to be found. And then to make matters worse, Waid turns him into someone who was willing to kill Kang, even though it was previously established that Kang being erased from the timeline would literally erase Billy (and probably Tommy too) along with him. I mean, at this point it's just becoming straight-up bad parenting. And if it turns out that Vision chose to deliberately push them away from his life, it would be nice to at least know why.
    I mean, so far I've only seen evidence that he is a really, really bad parental figure, in every single scenario presented. Lest we forget the thousands/millions(?) android offspring he had with the fembot back on Counter-Earth (who prolly all got obliterated post-Secret Wars reboot), which he promptly abandoned because omg, he's back on the Wanda wagon. And then promptly fell off again.

And the entire premise and aftermath of King's Vision, oy vey.

Seriously, at this point, I don't think he should have or be near his kids of any kind ever again. It's one thing if Billy/Tommy want to approach him to resolve anything, but on his end, I'm going to say it's entirely in the best interests of everyone if he doesn't get involved in their lives, because 80% chance it'll mess them up and not resolve anything. Again.

For their own sake, Billy/Tommy should just give Vision a very wide berth, I don't see how anything good can come from associating with him anymore at this point.

Preview pages for Vision #1 by Cain:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...ries-vision-1/

And Vin Vision was mentioned in Runaways #12.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I look forward to this. One of my favorite characters and very sentimental to me. I hope it's good.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview pages for Vision #1 by Cain:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...ries-vision-1/

And Vin Vision was mentioned in Runaways #12.
    Really, really getting some King/Walta vibes from the art alone, which I guess it's the point, since it's pretty much a direct continuation of that run.

Also, who's the guy fighting Viz? I don't recognize him.

Not quite direct, there is a timeskip between the two volumes where Champions #1 - #27 take place. But yeah, it's a sequel.

The opponent is Invaders villain Volton. He's basically the brother of Golden Age Human Torch, and therefore of Vision as well.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Volton_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-30-2018 at 05:27 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Whoops, I was wrong about the timeline. It's set immediately after the previous series (it was pitched two years ago) and thus contradicts Champions. The new Vision series is AU.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/177305...cain-about-viv

Whoops, I was wrong about the timeline. It's set immediately after the previous series (it was pitched two years ago) and thus contradicts Champions. The new Vision series is AU.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/177305...cain-about-viv
    ''Sitting alongside but also outside the ongoing continuity'' doesn't really sound like an AU to me, but more like ''it's canon, but you gotta suspend desbelief in case there's any contradiction'', kind of like we have to read about Black Panther and Doctor Strange in space on their solo books but also at the same time they're on Earth with the Avengers. Sometimes you have to create your own headcanon to fill in the gaps. Like, maybe this book takes place during a time between The Vision and Champions that we haven't seen, or maybe it takes place during a time during early Champions that we haven't seen.

Those contradictions must've been too big. VISION HAS BEEN CANCELLED!

Astonishing Member

Those contradictions must've been too big. VISION HAS BEEN CANCELLED!
    And marvel just screwed up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    And marvel just screwed up
    Or did they spare us a disappointing mini?

You know, if this was turning out to be pure gold, they would have put it out.

For whatever reason, it likely wasn't measuring up to their expectations.

You could say it conflicted with other plans that they had for the Vision and Viv but the truth is, if it was a book that was really panning out, they would have found a way to publish it somehow. They would have fit it into their other plans.

For whatever reason, they must not have liked how it was coming along and pulled the plug.

There's no good way to do that without having some hurt feelings among the creatives but better that than to continue to pour time and money into a book that just isn't working out.

Cain should have just said it was disappointing not to be able to tell her story but that it wasn't her decision to make.

Marvel isn't throwing her under the bus by openly disparaging the work that was done. They just cancelled it. For her to make a stink about it isn't a great look.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 09-13-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

You could say it conflicted with other plans that they had for the Vision and Viv but the truth is, if it was a book that was really panning out, they would have found a way to publish it somehow. They would have fit it into their other plans.

For whatever reason, they must not have liked how it was coming along and pulled the plug.

There's no good way to do that without having some hurt feelings among the creatives but better that than to continue to pour time and money into a book that just isn't working out.

Cain should have just said it was disappointing not to be able to tell her story but that it wasn't her decision to make.

Marvel isn't throwing her under the bus by openly disparaging the work that was done. They just cancelled it. For her to make a stink about it isn't a great look.
    Didn't she spend two years developing the sequel?

Then Marvel just pulls the plug after 4 of the 6 issues were complete....

Good for her speaking out, she knows that Marvel won't hire her again after this but she did it anyway.
    Last edited by Flashback; 09-13-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

Are you serious? After Aud Koch pumped out 4 issues of art and Cain had 4 out of 6 issues already written??? As a creator, you should be pissed. And seeing a bunch of artists and writers echoing that same school of thought just goes to show that this isn't just her whining. It just isn't a great look on Marvel, and I haven't seen anyone condemn Cain for doing the equivalent of throwing her work in the trash. This was two years in the making, that's shitty of Marvel to decide that this isn't gonna work AFTER announcing it. They had about 24 issue of Champions to think about this, no excuse.

This week's issue was #24, but there's actually been 27 issues of Champions, because of Monsters Unleashed and Infinity Countdown. But yeah, it's been two years.

I'm so disappointed right now. I mean, I had my concerns about the book (mostly the stuff that I was talking about one page ago), but I was still looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Are you serious? After Aud Koch pumped out 4 issues of art and Cain had 4 out of 6 issues already written??? As a creator, you should be pissed. And seeing a bunch of artists and writers echoing that same school of thought just goes to show that this isn't just her whining. It just isn't a great look on Marvel, and I haven't seen anyone condemn Cain for doing the equivalent of throwing her work in the trash. This was two years in the making, that's shitty of Marvel to decide that this isn't gonna work AFTER announcing it. They had about 24 issue of Champions to think about this, no excuse.
    Agreed. As for the bolded: yeah, it's really good seeing people who work in the industry showing their support. Hopefully Marvel is paying attention to this and realizing that no comic book pro likes being treated this way, so this won't happen again.