Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

They didn’t bring her back. She didn’t die. She was active in the X-comics right before Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Gotta keep the $ rollin'
    Again, we need an In the Mouth of Madness style horror comics with Xavier where he gets informed his dream failed through no fault of his own but because the corporation that runs his life isn’t willing to give up the main plot for the next twenty years of his and his student’s existence.

Just have someone approach him “Do you read Kieron Gillen?”

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    They didn’t bring her back. She didn’t die. She was active in the X-comics right before Krakoa.
    Yeah i thought that may be the case but last thing i remember before her showing up was Jean giving her an empathic lobotomy. Though now she hates humans as much as she once did mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You know this has me thinking. Why are the x-men still trying to make Earth home? Not just move the mutant race to Arakko but they could literally convert planets, moons, asteroids. They could all be mutant safe havens.

Humanity can be mad if mutants are immortal if they aren't on Earth anymore. I mean they could, but what are they going to do? Yell at the sky?
    Actually...in one of Moira's lives the mutants did just that and still the humans went after them. Mutants were (are) never allowed to just exist and live in peace.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Because, all together now, Marvel will never end a race war when it lets them sell more books for the glory of capitalism.

What even is this thread at this point, lmao. Jfc..
    People unironically staying that they aren't racists but some races are just better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah and now she has a starring role in a book! While Emma yells at humans for being so awful for what the Mutants did to Genosha
    I always love when mutants start going "Why weren't the Avengers there to stop Genosha?"
    Why weren't the X-men?
    Why didn't Emma Frost and Magneto, who were right there when it happened, stop it?

For all their grandstanding about how superior they are, they act like Captain America or Hawkeye can handle huge threats that umpteen million mutants weren't able to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    People unironically staying that they aren't racists but some races are just better than others.

I always love when mutants start going "Why weren't the Avengers there to stop Genosha?"
    Why weren't the X-men?
    Why didn't Emma Frost and Magneto, who were right there when it happened, stop it?

For all their grandstanding about how superior they are, they act like Captain America or Hawkeye can handle huge threats that umpteen million mutants weren't able to handle.
    Grant Morrison.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Grant Morrison.
    Weird how the authors or editorial don’t get blamed when the “Flatscans” (God I’d love for that word to get banned) don’t help the X-men.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So...Art mirroring Life mirroring Art. That Race War will go on for all eternity.

Personally...I'm done with the whole human/mutant relations war (have been for a very long while now) and just wish these books can start back telling interesting and engaging weird sci-fi stories that have absolutely nothing to do with the people of Earth and those who hate mutants. Which is one of the many reasons why JD is just so tiresome to slog through.

Truth to tell it was one of my hopes when X-Men started after Hox/PoX but Hickman quickly dashed those to smithereens.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-23-2022 at 01:12 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So...Art mirroring Life mirroring Art. That Race War will go on for all eternity.
    I hope by life you mean fans because while the real world isn’t great about this by any means, I’d argue overall the world has made forward progress while the X-comics slip backwards.

Sorry if the assumption is wrong, I’ve been dealing with no caffeine and it’s kicking my ass atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Weird how the authors or editorial don’t get blamed when the “Flatscans” (God I’d love for that word to get banned) don’t help the X-men.
    I can't speak to that i don't blame the inhumans for what happened with the gas i blame Soule. I don't blame scarlet witch for decimating her friends and mutants i blame bendis. I don't blame the eternals for trying to destroy mutants i blame Gillien. I mean it is what it is. But what i do question is when Captain America as a book can be tuned into the mutant cause when it comes to oppressives laws or dark reigns but no where to be found when it comes to saving mutants from something effecting the entire MU like a floating gas or decimation i blame that on editors and marvel. But no hard feelings against the characters. And for the most part i avoid the term flatscans because i feel in 90% of the cases it's used to trigger people know aren't all there and blur the line between marvel humans and real ones and i want no part of what that person may experience so i'm okay with the word going away too.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-23-2022 at 01:13 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yeah and now she has a starring role in a book! While Emma yells at humans for being so awful for what the Mutants did to Genosha
    When a woman asks you to save the discussion for later and you ignore her and continue to badger her, you're gonna get yelled at.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

When he gets caught and runs away he says "maybe we'll get past Judgement Day this time", implying either he (or I guess the Celestial) killed a Moira and reset the timeline
    From the Immortal X-men issue with Emma as the spotlight? He runs away to his lair and stops before killing a Moira. He remembers Destiny's words 'don't be a coward' and believes she knows more then she's letting on. So he does not reset the time line
    "I can always blow it up if it gets too bad"

Maybe he did know this was coming but it doesn't seem like it cause he still went and built the Celestial that was a mistake in the first place
    It also doesn't mean the time line still can't be reset as shown in the issue
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-23-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    From the Immortal X-men issue with Emma as the spotlight? He runs away to his lair and stops before killing a Moira. He remembers Destiny's words 'don't be a coward' and believes she knows more then she's letting on. So he does not reset the time line
    "I can always blow it up if it gets too bad"

Maybe he did know this was coming but it doesn't seem like it cause he still went and built the Celestial that was a mistake in the first place
    It also doesn't mean the time line still can't be reset as shown in the issue
    He knows Judgement Day is going to happen, he literally says the words Judgement Day. The timeline has already been reset.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Even if it was viable why in the would Krakoa and it's powers that be even consider reviving a bunch of random, hateful humans or greedy elite humans.

They have nothing to gain by wasting the time, labor and resources as well as nothing to lose because humans will hate them regardless.
    empathy? the dream?