Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

What I find amusing is how your side gets confronted with adult Jean losing like a joke to Exodus, yet Emma is more than able to counter him and you guys want to ignore that. What I find amusing is how even with Betsy's powers added to her own, Jean Grey's TP was stopped by psi-blocking tech in Uncanny X-Men #383, yet Emma Frost was able to overpower DOZENS of psi-blocking gadgets from Dark Beast, who would have far better tech than the Russian government.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Exodus is not a good barometer, because both times Jean faced him she had not begun pushing the limits of her powers yet and was still holding back.
    You mean she didn't have Betsy's powers added to her own and she didn't have the PF boosting her powers, so she was stuck with her own natural abilities and lost disgracefully.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    You mean she didn't have Betsy's powers added to her own and she didn't have the PF boosting her powers, so she was stuck with her own natural abilities and lost disgracefully.
    Uh no. She started pushing the limits of her powers during Seagle/Kelly's run way after she fought Exodus. She already has unlimited mental powers, adding Psylocke's powers to hers was basically adding a drop into into an ocean. Jean was holding back a lot of the time for fear of her powers.

Like it or not in direct comparisons when they're in the same book Jean always comes out on top because she is the superior telepath. Jean's beaten Emma while Emma had the phoenix herself for crying out loud.

BANNED

Here is a perfect example of the problem with claims about Jean's powers:

Notice in the scan below, it states that JEAN claims "no shields, natural or artificial can withstand her psychic powers..."
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Bkplx8Vq7UR...CTGzTYhh=s1600

Now, earlier in the same issue, we get this:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/GbR4wFTDT5o...UpiTwCpW=s1600

So, you see? I care about feats, not what "so and so" says about Jean's powers.

Let's not forget that the reason Phoenix helped Jean when she was dying of radiation in the first place, was because Jean, when awakening her powers, managed to stop Annie from dying for a second, what no other telepath had done before.

Less powerful characters lose to more powerful characters all the time. Fights are most of the time situational, not a literal power measuring. That's how villains like Apocalypse and Thanos manage to get beaten by the heroes. That doesn't stop them from being more powerful. If they say Jean is the most powerful, then she is. That's the official statement about her power level, not whether or not she beat the guy that Emma did.

Edit: Ironic that I wrote that even before I saw your comment above lol.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 01-13-2018 at 07:29 PM.

BANNED

Uh no. She started pushing the limits of her powers during Seagle/Kelly's run way after she fought Exodus. She already has unlimited mental powers, adding Psylocke's powers to hers was basically adding a drop into into an ocean. Jean was holding back a lot of the time for fear of her powers.

Like it or not in direct comparisons when they're in the same book Jean always comes out on top because she is the superior telepath. Jean's beaten Emma while Emma had the phoenix herself for crying out loud.
    Actually, no, adding Psylocke's powers to her own was stated by CC, not only on a Newsgroup, but also in a letter to one of my frenemies, that Jean got a MASSIVE boost from this. Jean Grey is not that impressive without the PF. I hate to tell you that, but its true. Canon has shown this.

Fantastic Member

Jean. If Emma believes it then that's all the proof I need.

BANNED

Here is a perfect example of the problem with claims about Jean's powers:

Notice in the scan below, it states that JEAN claims "no shields, natural or artificial can withstand her psychic powers..."
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Bkplx8Vq7UR...CTGzTYhh=s1600

Now, earlier in the same issue, we get this:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/GbR4wFTDT5o...UpiTwCpW=s1600

So, you see? I care about feats, not what "so and so" says about Jean's powers.
    And you have no clue how strong those buffers and shields in that building are compared to whatever Emma shields Emma ecountered. There's different types of shields and buffers, you're comparing apples to oranges.
    Last edited by Bart; 01-13-2018 at 07:46 PM.

BANNED

Actually, no, adding Psylocke's powers to her own was stated by CC, not only on a Newsgroup, but also in a letter to one of my frenemies, that Jean got a MASSIVE boost from this. Jean Grey is not that impressive without the PF. I hate to tell you that, but its true. Canon has shown this.
    A boost to infinite is still infinite. Jean has infinite mental powers. Jean's power levels are through the roof.

On Jean's power levels:

Find better images. You can't link these.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I just remembered OP is the guy who says Storm is the most powerful character cause she can blow up the sun and all. Is pointless to argue with him, he's not gonna change his mind no matter what's posted lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I just remembered OP is the guy who says Storm is the most powerful character cause she can blow up the sun and all. Is pointless to argue with him, he's not gonna change his mind no matter what's posted lol.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

A boost to infinite is still infinite. Jean has infinite mental powers. Jean's power levels are through the roof.

On Jean's power levels:
    That's nice, now show me some feats to back up the claim she is more powerful than Emma.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I never said that Storm is the most powerful character in Marvel. I do, however, reference her feat where she flew into a galactic core (millions of stars and planet crammed into a relatively small area of space), connects with every heavenly body in there, and summons its full power. Its canon and the feat is also referenced in her Official Handbook entry, so its fair game.

All I asked for was feats of Jean, without the Phoenix Force, doing stuff above Jean. Nobody could produce any scans of this.

BANNED

When Emma and Jean were in the same book, Jean had the PF. That nullifies the feat. Jean even told her in that instance, "Its just you, me, and the Phoenix". In other words, it's not just Jean by herself against Emma.