Page 130 of 218 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3266

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I could be misinterpreting things. but wasn't she a local hero in the same vein as Le Peregrine? I doubt she'd be able to move in with the Champions; unless they move. she might still be a member but a reservist or something.
    Jim Zub held a Reddit AMA yesterday and I asked him about Red Locust. He pretty much confirmed her to be a reserve.

Well at least it'll look like she can appear every now and then and isn't just forgotten and tossed aside. That's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Zub AMA:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/..._surrender_dd/

I asked if he could offer any teasers:

GrayGhostt asked: Anything more you can say about your upcoming Champions run?

Elezio asked: Hi Jim, is there a chance of Champions using one of the past teen characters that went negleted once Marvel started all this legacy initiative such as the original Avengers Academy characters, Jolt or Troll (the last two giving a chance to Songbird to at least cameo)?

Redbird76 asked: Hey Jim! My friends and I have been loving No Surrender and are really excited for your upcoming Champions run. What kind of communication goes on between you (when writing a team book) and the writers of a team member's solo series? Do clashes in vision (not viv) ever get in the way of your stories, and how do you typically work around those kinds of road blocks while maintaining quality? Thanks for stopping by!

LoneWolfPanda asked: Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you on your upcoming run on Champions and ask a question. Thus far in Waid's run, there have been a few divisive moments between fans, but there has been some really great work in there as well. For me, issue two in which the Champions go camping, was a pure delight. It had a lot of character and trust building moments throughout the issue. In my mind, it hearkened back to David and Nauck's work on Young Justice at DC.

Essentially, I'm curious as to how you're aiming your run. Is it more moment-by-moment action or will there be character moments like that peppered through your run?

jakefortress asked: When approaching each member of the Champions to write what stands out in your head that differentiates the characters?

WallyGropius asked: will the cast of Champions change over time? there's a bunch of teenage heroes that haven't appeared in forever that would fit well on the team and could use the exposure

FreudianWaffle asked: Hi Jim. Big fan! I saw some people talking about the Red Locust not appearing in you run on Champions. Is it true? I can't say I'm not disappointed if it is, but I'll deal.

Jason Enright asked: Silly question, if your Champions team were to start up a D&D game, who would DM and what D&D classes would the others play?
    I don't envy Zub when it comes to juggling writing the book with everyone's solo books (or at least for the members who do have solo books), but I do like what I'm seeing as far his approach and goals for the book.

Hopefully things work out for the best on this book .

The whole D&D thing just reminds me of that Young Justice art of the team playing it .

This kinda funny, but I just saw this thing with the Avengers Academy game that really plays into this D&D issue.

No secret identity there I see.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

No secret identity there I see.
    I remember they made it a running gag when they introduced Peter/Spider-Man that his secret identity was basically an open secret .

Here's Nadia and a hint at the new character from Izaakse's Twitter

Champions has an Infinity Countdown tie-in. I guess Rich will be calling Sam in, and he brings the team.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Champions has an Infinity Countdown tie-in. I guess Rich will be calling Sam in, and he brings the team.

To skip or not to skip

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's Nadia and a hint at the new character from Izaakse's Twitter

Looks like another female member. Kind of getting a pirate feel from the design.
    Sounds like an event all right .

I hope the new character isn't yet another Avengers legacy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope the new character isn't yet another Avengers legacy.
    Seems likely. All of the others are, and the only Champions Waid tried to introduce that weren't legacies (Moon Girl and Red Locust) never joined the team. Zub teased the new member having mystical/supernatural origins, so I'm wondering what the connection will be!

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Seems likely. All of the others are, and the only Champions Waid tried to introduce that weren't legacies (Moon Girl and Red Locust) never joined the team. Zub teased the new member having mystical/supernatural origins, so I'm wondering what the connection will be!
    The magic based character thing is funny because looking at her(?) silhouette her character makes me think of Raven from TT

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Moon Girl IS a legacy character. Moon Boy was Devil Dinosaur's original partner.

Moon Girl IS a legacy character. Moon Boy was Devil Dinosaur's original partner.
    So is Red Locust, but both aren't tied to the Avengers mythos and Red Locust is only a legacy in-universe. We've yet to see a first gen hero join the team thought.