Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    That is the price we pay to see the solicits.
    Well, you're not necessarily required to look at the solicits so you don't have to have anything spoiled but if you don't you could potentially screw your comic shop owner by not helping them get a good idea of how many books they need to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    Generates buzz, but kills the element of surprise for the remaining story being told, currently.
    Well, we already know that the Inhumans and the ANAD Avengers survived......................................

I don't really think it's spoiling much because for the most part I'm not expecting any huge, shocking plots to come from Secret Wars.

Nothing big is gonna happen with the exception of the X-men living in space.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Marvel starts promoting events 5 to 6 months before the first issue drops. The problem is that Marvel runs two events a year. So the promotion for an event begins in the middle of an on going event. I agree with everyone here, it kills my interest to see another "earth shattering" event being advertised during the current "earth shattering" event.

This reliance on events is a trap that Marvel has really fallen into. Books need time to be off in their own little worlds, doing their own little thing. We need breathing room between events.

IMO, Marvel should have one big event a year and then allow each family of books to have their own mini-event/crossover. That would satisfy the need for an event and some cross-book promotion.

Well.. at least it will give us Marvel fans who are skipping Secret Wars something to chew on.. so we can prepare our pull list for ....October??

i hope to see some of the original guardians back in some capacity as i am assuming Guardians 3000 isn't returning...too bad as I really enjoyed the title.
    Like the Guardians of the Galaxy fan page at http://www.facebook.com/TheGuardiansOfTheGalaxy
    Download one of our games at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ck+Innovations

I'd actually prefer having one big line-wide event every 2-3 years. There can be home office events once or twice per year. 250-275 pages of decompressed comics per year for each book isn't enough to build up into an "earths shattering" line-wide event. That's why I enjoyed Avengers and New Avengers. It was a 77 issue buildup.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    I'd actually prefer having one big line-wide event every 2-3 years. There can be home office events once or twice per year. 250-275 pages of decompressed comics per year for each book isn't enough to build up into an "earths shattering" line-wide event. That's why I enjoyed Avengers and New Avengers. It was a 77 issue buildup.
    Agreed.

But it won't happen.

Spectacular Member

If nothing else this will tell me if I even want to finish reading Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    <chuckle> Is everyone forgetting that the last proper line wide event was AvX? You can all listen to the minor event hype if you want but the next big event will be in 2017 by current standards.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    The over promotion and extremely early promotion make it hard to enjoy anything. I remember last year being in the middle of Original Sin and while I didn't like it, they were already promoting AXIS. How the hell am I expected to keep trying to give the current event a chance when you're telling me "yeah here's what REALLY changes stuff".

Secret Wars will get half way through and they'll reveal all the people that survive and get their own series as well as promote the "8 months later" event. That will drastically make me care much less for the tail end of Secret Wars.
    Don't look at the preview. Avoid it as long as possible. You see a thread that seems to contain information about post-SW? Don't click it. Wait.

That just doesn't seem to be a valid option, though. Like, if it's out there then we have to check it out. Any reason will do.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Don't look at the preview. Avoid it as long as possible. You see a thread that seems to contain information about post-SW? Don't click it. Wait.
    Precisely. My Fantastic Four #587 wad delayed and I studiously avoided everything for three days after the spoiler news about Johnny's death so I wasn't pre-empted. Though, living outside the US where it is easier not to see the news certainly helped. It's a lot more difficult to do so in 2015.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

In the words of Yogi Berra, "The future ain't what it used to be."

NovaPrimeRR-85

I am a huge fan of the Guardians 3000 series too!!! Sucks that they'll end it but apparently, we'll be getting our Major Victory and Charlie-27 fix with the new Korvac Saga series available at the end of June! Cheers!!!