Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Question If You Wrote Comics: Wonder Woman

Yes folks I'm here with yet another If You Wrote Comics thread. This time it's going to be the Amazing Amazon, the Daughter of Hippolyta, Wonder Woman as the subject. As always just imagine if DC gave you all full reign to do as you please with her. So be free to talk about your pitches on what you would do with her world, supporting cast members, and rogues gallery. But more importantly the plot directions on what you would do to give Wonder Woman herself new life as a character and undo any problems that hinder her. Have fun!
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-19-2018 at 05:29 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I liked Sirraca from Azzarello's run so I'd bring her back to be the new Wonder-Girl. She's like 11 years old so that makes her a good foil for the Supersons.

I'd bring back Sensation Comics and make that an amazon-centered title. I read the recent JL and got the sense Diana would be a good fit for JLA.

I'd be interested in a period piece where Diana falls for a black Steve who was apart of the Tuskegee airmen.

You have Diana, Steve, sometimes Etta, and that's it of the Wonder Family.

First of all,would need an arc to re-establish Diana's and Donna's ties. Because right now, other than in Titans, which has been doing the Titans quite the injustice, the two never cross paths. So they would need a situation that required both of them/ended up with the two of them coming together to solve it. Through it, and especially by the end of it, Diana would see that Donna is not someone she should worry about becoming a monster, and Donna is able to connect with Diana as a sister.

Whatever they're doing with Cassandra Sandsmark, they should hurry up (which also includes Connor Kent and Bart Allen).

For Jason... He has been taking up too much time in the comic, and really needs to be trained better. Some time on Themyscira, training with the Amazons there, would give him something to do, while at the same time, getting him out of the comic for awhile until the creators can figure out a better plan for him going forward.

Ideas I’d like to explore and reintroduce and/or things I’d like to change...some thoughts off the top of my head.

- Two monthly books: Wonder Woman and ARGUS
    - Diana moves to a whole new city that she makes into her home indefinitely.
    - Steve and Etta run ARGUS and come into conflict at times with Waller and Suicide Squad and Saturna and the Crimson Men. ARGUS is based in Diana’s new city.
    - Reintroduce Holliday University in Diana’s new city. Julia Kapatelis is a professor there.
    - Diana’s new city has a museum and Helena Sandsmark works there.
    - Reboot Cassie Sandsmark with an origin that connects her to Wonder Woman.
    - The Mayer Agency is in Diana’s new city.
    - Diana’s new city becomes an international “sister city” with Themyscira.
    - Diana’s new city is the destination for innately magical, mythical, and mystical extradimensional beings’ immigration to the United States.
    - Additional heroes and vigilantes live in Diana’s new city. (Achilles Warkiller, Champion, etc.)
    - Reintroduce Villainy Inc. (and it’s secret history) as an adversary for Diana.
    - A greater focus on Diana’s costumed, non-deity villains.
    - Cale, Giganta, Doctor Psycho, and other costumed villains have ties to Diana’s new city.
    - Themyscira is accessible to Diana again and the Amazons make themselves known to Patriarch’s World.
    - The Amazons are scientifically advanced and mystically enabled.
    - Themyscira has Doom’s Doorway once again and establishes Transformation Island.
    - Reboot Donna Troy (yet again) with a take on her very first origin.
    - A romance between Diana and Steve continues, complicated by Aphrodite and Eros and necessitating an team up between the Zamarons and Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd be interested in a period piece where Diana falls for a black Steve who was apart of the Tuskegee airmen.
    The closest you got to that was the Wonder Woman Earth One story.

I'll throw my hat in and maybe try to bring back the Diana Prince identity but not as a secret one more the name she picks when she comes Man's World to be fit in better kind of like how some like who would be minorities in Westernised countries pick English names to make our lives easier. And instead of diplomat make her a nurse at a local hospital since no one seems to want to use her diplomatic skills to the fullest extent.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-18-2018 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I'll throw my hat in and maybe try to bring back the Diana Prince identity but not as a secret one more the name she picks when she comes Man's World to be fit in better kind of like how some like who would be minorities in Westernised countries pick English names to make our lives easier. And instead of diplomat make her a nurse at a local hospital since no one seems to want to use her diplomatic skills to the fullest extent.
    I should have added the Diana Prince identity to my growing list of changes too.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I should have added the Diana Prince identity to my growing list of changes too.
    Without the Diana Prince identity it's hard to see Wonder Woman having a normal life when she's a superheroine all day. And it also makes it harder to give her a semblance of a normal life when she tends to wear her costume almost all the time.

BANNED

Without the Diana Prince identity it's hard to see Wonder Woman having a normal life when she's a superheroine all day. And it also makes it harder to give her a semblance of a normal life when she tends to wear her costume almost all the time.
    None of these things will change one bit whether she has a Diana Prince secret identity or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    None of these things will change one bit whether she has a Diana Prince secret identity or not.
    Well it would make things a lot easier if I wrote her book. Everyday as Wonder Woman would get tiring as she goes around and people treat her like a goddess can make it difficult in it's own right to write her everyday life.

Well it would make things a lot easier if I wrote her book. Everyday as Wonder Woman would get tiring as she goes around and people treat her like a goddess can make it difficult in it's own right to write her everyday life.
    People only treat her like a goddess if that's how the writer depicts it and few, if any, stories have Diana actually treated this way. The truth is this idea that Diana doesn't get any downtime with regular people is nowhere near as prevalent a problem as people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    People only treat her like a goddess if that's how the writer depicts it and few, if any, stories have Diana actually treated this way. The truth is this idea that Diana doesn't get any downtime with regular people is nowhere near as prevalent a problem as people think.
    Well maybe not but the identity itself would serve a barrier for the writer to stop with the whole people think of her as a goddess idea.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Ideas I’d like to explore and reintroduce and/or things I’d like to change...some thoughts off the top of my head.

- Two monthly books: Wonder Woman and ARGUS
    - Diana moves to a whole new city that she makes into her home indefinitely.
    - Steve and Etta run ARGUS and come into conflict at times with Waller and Suicide Squad and Saturna and the Crimson Men. ARGUS is based in Diana’s new city.
    - Reintroduce Holliday University in Diana’s new city. Julia Kapatelis is a professor there.
    - Diana’s new city has a museum and Helena Sandsmark works there.
    - Reboot Cassie Sandsmark with an origin that connects her to Wonder Woman.
    - The Mayer Agency is in Diana’s new city.
    - Diana’s new city becomes an international “sister city” with Themyscira.
    - Diana’s new city is the destination for innately magical, mythical, and mystical extradimensional beings’ immigration to the United States.
    - Additional heroes and vigilantes live in Diana’s new city. (Achilles Warkiller, Champion, etc.)
    - Reintroduce Villainy Inc. (and it’s secret history) as an adversary for Diana.
    - A greater focus on Diana’s costumed, non-deity villains.
    - Cale, Giganta, Doctor Psycho, and other costumed villains have ties to Diana’s new city.
    - Themyscira is accessible to Diana again and the Amazons make themselves known to Patriarch’s World.
    - The Amazons are scientifically advanced and mystically enabled.
    - Themyscira has Doom’s Doorway once again and establishes Transformation Island.
    - Reboot Donna Troy (yet again) with a take on her very first origin.
    - A romance between Diana and Steve continues, complicated by Aphrodite and Eros and necessitating an team up between the Zamarons and Amazons.
    I would read your book!! This is actually pretty much what I would do with Wonder Woman, although I dont think I would give ARGUS it's own series as much as incorporate it into Wonder Woman, having Diana, Etta and Steve dealing with Black Room stuff. This is also where Villainy, Inc would come in as they are collecting such items for Cale in her bid to destroy Diana. (V,I would include Cale behind the scenes, Giganta, Blue Snow, Zara, Anglette, Aegeus to start.)
    However, my first story would involve straightening out Donna Troy. I've always thought Queen of Fables would be best served as a WW villain...fables (lies) versus truth. I would use her and bring back Dark Angel as the ones responsible for the mess of Donna's life and history (returning her to a close pre-flashpoint origin, but I haven't decided if I want Rhea finding Donna or Hessia and taking her to Hippolyta. Hippolyta prays to the gods and asks them to bless the baby and Rhea answers her instead taking her to New Chronus.) Also, the story would deal with Cassie's currently non-existent origin as well (returning her to her pre-flashpoint origin also with Dad being Zeus and seducing her mom.) Themyscira would be returned and Diana's world would be reset to a more streamlined position (read as pre-Flashpoint). Amazons would have technological and mystical advancements as well. They would also be responsible for protecting some of the more dangerous artifacts ARGUS comes across (I did like that part of the JL movie in that the Amazons were guarding one of the mother boxes.) Julia Kapetalis would would be part of ARGUS as the resident historian (and not slaughtered by her daughter. I dont mind the current Silver Swan, but she wouldn't be related to the Kapetalis' and would be a separate character.)
    My third storyline (after Lies pt 2 and Villainy Inc) would be Diana pulled into a war among other pantheons. Warkiller and Olympian would also be present (possibly Donna and Cassie as well.) (Now that I think about it, this might be a good place to spin out at the least an ARGUS mini series...hmm...my first thought was to include Jason in the pantheon war, but maybe Diana forbids him to participate or asks that he stay and help Steve.) The Pantheon War would also show other Amazon factions across the globe and return Gudra the Valkyrie as a foil.
    I think I have a good two years worth or stories laid out there...

Well maybe not but the identity itself would serve a barrier for the writer to stop with the whole people think of her as a goddess idea.
    Which honestly says more about the writer than the idea of Diana not having a secret identity. Most Marvel heroes don't have secret identities and are written just fine (or at least without writers viewing them as literal gods).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which honestly says more about the writer than the idea of Diana not having a secret identity. Most Marvel heroes don't have secret identities and are written just fine (or at least without writers viewing them as literal gods).
    Hey anything to try to give a more down to earth portrayal of Wonder Woman that actually gets more readers to think of her in a more normal light. And if restoring the Diana Prince identity can do that I say why not? You just need to offer something that will make the fans who like the idea of her not hiding secrets happy.