Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A very nice slight redesign.

I've always been a big fan of Vixen. I love her sassy, playful attitude, especially in the old Justice League cartoons. It is nice to see a superhero or superheroine not being overly broody or serious but fun-loving instead. Plus, her power set is rather interesting as it is somewhat unique (hey there is Best Boy so I can't say completely unique) I wish DC would do more with her in various media including the comic books.
    Agreed. I would love to see her in more JL animated films as an actual member.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I've always been a big fan of Vixen. I love her sassy, playful attitude, especially in the old Justice League cartoons. It is nice to see a superhero or superheroine not being overly broody or serious but fun-loving instead. Plus, her power set is rather interesting as it is somewhat unique (hey there is Best Boy so I can't say completely unique) I wish DC would do more with her in various media including the comic books.
    That's one of my favorite things about Vixen, is how rare and unique her powerset is. (Shared only with Animal Man, IIRC.) In a universe full of women who have the powers or skills or gear of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Hawkman, etc. she's got her own power, and it's an appropriately Silver Age-y power that makes the writers and readers crack a book and *learn something* to make optimal use out of (to find all the new and exciting animal traits and senses and capabilities she can mimic).

It's her uniqueness and the sheer versatility of her powerset (and how it rewards the reader for learning stuff about animals, since the more you know, the more potential you realize she has!) that makes her one of my favorite lady Leaguers (along with Black Canary).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That's one of my favorite things about Vixen, is how rare and unique her powerset is. (Shared only with Animal Man, IIRC.) In a universe full of women who have the powers or skills or gear of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Hawkman, etc. she's got her own power, and it's an appropriately Silver Age-y power that makes the writers and readers crack a book and *learn something* to make optimal use out of (to find all the new and exciting animal traits and senses and capabilities she can mimic).

It's her uniqueness and the sheer versatility of her powerset (and how it rewards the reader for learning stuff about animals, since the more you know, the more potential you realize she has!) that makes her one of my favorite lady Leaguers (along with Black Canary).
    Great points. Vixen has a great powerset. I like that it makes her exceptionally powerful, but still provides her with limits as well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Great points. Vixen has a great powerset. I like that it makes her exceptionally powerful, but still provides her with limits as well.
    I'm fine with her having limits but I would love to see her explore her abilities more.

I still wanna see her mimic Krupto or Gorilla Grodd on a regular basic...hell one time would be great.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

After seeing Aquaman I can easily see Vixen movie doing well.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    After seeing Aquaman I can easily see Vixen movie doing well.
    Can you imagine the level of detail Vixen could get on the level of Wonder Woman, Mera, and Harley?

WB should be getting ready to use Vixen and beat Marvel to the black female superhero first. Marvel has the dora milaje but they're not superheroes. However, they were received really well to the point that people are cosplaying as them.

Also Fox fumbled with Storm not once but twice.

WB/DC are fools in not utilizing Vixen but at this point I'm not surprised.

Mighty Member

Wanting studios to do things because other studios are doing it isn’t even genuine. I will never understand fan’s obsession with being first. Studios should just focus on themselves. Fans are creating a competition when it doesn’t even have to be. It just all screams entitlement to me. WB should do what ever THEY want to do. Make movies the way THEY want to make it.

I honestly think a Vixen movie would/could be awesome. But let’s be honest a lot of you would just complain that they’re trying to be like Black Panther, or they’re only doing it because of Black Panther. You would complain at every little decision they went with.

I think people want a Vixen movie simply for bragging rights.

Respectfully speaking of course.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Can you imagine the level of detail Vixen could get on the level of Wonder Woman, Mera, and Harley?

WB should be getting ready to use Vixen and beat Marvel to the black female superhero first. Marvel has the dora milaje but they're not superheroes. However, they were received really well to the point that people are cosplaying as them.

Also Fox fumbled with Storm not once but twice.

WB/DC are fools in not utilizing Vixen but at this point I'm not surprised.
    Good points. A well done Vixen movie would be awesome. I also want more Vixen across the board including the comics, cartoons, live-action shows, and video-games. More Vixen merchandise would be great. DC really has a ton of potential with Vixen that is sadly not being utilized well enough.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Visually and aesthetically only, I've pictured Halle Berry, in her prime, as Vixen.

But who do you guys think looks and could carry the role of Mari/Vixen today?
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    Visually and aesthetically only, I've pictured Halle Berry, in her prime, as Vixen.

I would be thrilled to see Aja Naomi King as Vixen.

Aja-Naomi-King-640x360.jpg

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Wanting studios to do things because other studios are doing it isn’t even genuine. I will never understand fan’s obsession with being first. Studios should just focus on themselves. Fans are creating a competition when it doesn’t even have to be. It just all screams entitlement to me. WB should do what ever THEY want to do. Make movies the way THEY want to make it.

I honestly think a Vixen movie would/could be awesome. But let’s be honest a lot of you would just complain that they’re trying to be like Black Panther, or they’re only doing it because of Black Panther. You would complain at every little decision they went with.

I think people want a Vixen movie simply for bragging rights.

Respectfully speaking of course.
    Honestly I wasn't even hinting at a Vixen movie but just for WB to be on board to use her.

You say it isn't genuine but if Marvel is putting out various diverse characters people are going to question why cant DC use theirs and then you get all type of comments saying how Marvel is willing to use their characters and DC isn't which is exactly the predicament we are in. I get what you're saying about being reactionary though and how it can very well be problematic but in this case WB need to win favors and main streaming Vixen will win them favors.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Honestly I wasn't even hinting at a Vixen movie but just for WB to be on board to use her.

You say it isn't genuine but if Marvel is putting out various diverse characters people are going to question why cant DC use theirs and then you get all type of comments saying how Marvel is willing to use their characters and DC isn't which is exactly the predicament we are in. I get what you're saying about being reactionary though and how it can very well be problematic but in this case WB need to win favors and main streaming Vixen will win them favors.

I understand what you mean. I just think that it's all a process and i would hate for Mari's big screen debut to be a dud simply b/c they wanted to do their own Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post

I propose Anna Diop.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I would be thrilled to see Aja Naomi King as Vixen.

Aja-Naomi-King-640x360.jpg
    Ok, don't know her but she's cute. Can she act?
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus

a53f293409d5c4d99e8df292059bad45.jpg

Halle in "Swordfish" was screaming Vixen.

53a0def74af048cdade9d2b522c564e4.jpg

Yaya Dacosta is up for consideration in my book...