Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fun. Really feels like a new character with the same name rather then an adaptation of the character (I think the original iteration of the series did it right by taking out the stuff not okay for kids but having the established traits remain in a way that makes sense), but it seems to work if we just take this Jessica on her own terms rather then expecting her to match her source material counterpart (esp. since the rest of the character's animated appearances have done that so far).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I love Jessica Cruz. I think she's an inspiring character and I hope to see her get a lot more media exposure.

Mental Health issues are showing a sharp increase amongst adolescent/teenage girls due to the dominance of social media in our society - check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLnjINRUfq0

So I think Jessica Cruz is an important character - a superhero who despite having horrendously debilitating mental health issues, can still be chosen to be a Green Lantern.

Perhaps the greatest role model in comics right now.

Stuff like this is why I love DC.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

I doubt they're an item.

I think they're just GL partners, who Carol might mistake for being an item.
    Yeah, Hal here might just be a composite character - taking Simon's role from the comics while still keeping his own personality and love interest. They probably wouldn't use all six human Green Lanterns in a cartoon unless the cartoon was actually called Green Lantern (and even when such a cartoon did exist it didn't use all four that existed at the time!)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Hal here might just be a composite character - taking Simon's role from the comics while still keeping his own personality and love interest. They probably wouldn't use all six human Green Lanterns in a cartoon unless the cartoon was actually called Green Lantern (and even when such a cartoon did exist it didn't use all four that existed at the time!)
    John, Simon, and Kyle (even Alan) were planned to show up in GL: TAS at some point before it ended.

Had Jessica existed back then she probably would've been a shoe-in to appear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Still not entirely sold on the way they changed Jessica's personality for the series, but it does look like it'll be fun on its own terms. Also like how the rings and constructs are done.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Still not entirely sold on the way they changed Jessica's personality for the series, but it does look like it'll be fun on its own terms. Also like how the rings and constructs are done.
    I actually like the idea of her being a pacifist, even if it seemed like Bumblebee got all of her anxiety issues.

I think they'll need to tread a fine-line with her pacifism and social activism character traits though.

I actually like the idea of her being a pacifist, even if it seemed like Bumblebee got all of her anxiety issues.

I think they'll need to tread a fine-line with her pacifism and social activism character traits though.
    Sure. My assessment is basically that it's not a good adaptation of the character and I don't like it on that level, but I can view it as a brand new character with the same name and mantle and I think that it looks like a good "new" character.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sure. My assessment is basically that it's not a good adaptation of the character and I don't like it on that level, but I can view it as a brand new character with the same name and mantle and I think that it looks like a good "new" character.
    I think it's too early to say whether it's a good adaption or not, but with such a character shift I guess I can understand that opinion.

Her character design is pretty accurate and cool though .

I think it's too early to say whether it's a good adaption or not, but with such a character shift I guess I can understand that opinion.
    Fair enough.

Her character design is pretty accurate and cool though .
    Yeah, it's very expressive, at least. Actually, while I think I liked the previous Superhero Girls version better in terms of this character, this show looks like it'll be the funner one, with better animation and more lively characters.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I saw Justice League vs the Fatal Five (digital download), I loved it and Jessica is a huge part of the movie. I won't give any spoilers but I loved the movie. They really emphasize that in the Legion future time Jessica is remembered as the "bravest" green lantern.

Justice League vs. The Fatal Five clip:

this video got deleted
    Last edited by RachelGrey; 04-21-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Jessica Cruz kicking ass and taking names!

These videos may come down soon, not sure if DC is going to condone some of this.