Page 105 of 121 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1811
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Banner View Post
    With Loki creating a new timeline, Hulk was not able to keep his promise to Tilda Swanton.
    Stark and Rogers got the time stone from another timeline and were able to replace it using that one, so they did keep their promise.

I don't see why Hulk couldn't bring back those who died from other reasons than Thanos snap of his fingers.
    Because the stones can't do that (bring back the dead that the stones didn't actually kill)

And Thanos' plan was horrible from the start: https://www.gamesradar.com/what-woul...lation-expert/ And as long as he didn't do anything about the population growth, it wouldn't take many decades before we had the same amount of people. In the comic he killed half of all the living creatures in the universe partly as a love declaration to Death, and partly because there were more individuals living than the total amount of individuals who had died in the history of the universe, which he meant was a cosmic imbalance that he needed to fix.

There's a somewhat important element of the story in that Thanos was mad, insane, and I think expecting him to have a logical plan is reaching.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Stark and Rogers got the time stone from another timeline and were able to replace it using that one, so they did keep their promise.
    I presume that you mean space stone?

That they got it in an earlier time doesn't mean that Loki didn't escape with it in the new timeline they created. Why does everyone assume that time traveling twice erased the first attempt?

There's a somewhat important element of the story in that Thanos was mad, insane, and I think expecting him to have a logical plan is reaching.
    Yes, i think he believed when the planets saw the benefits of their population reduction, (like Ganora's home world) they would pursue a more sustainable world. Of course that is like the Nazis thinking they would eventually be lauded for exterminating the Jews. So a little insanity there. I mean why not use the stones to terraform a few billion planets to accommodate the growing populations. It's not like the resources of the Universe would be depleted.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Would Loki taking the space stone really be a breach in Bruce’s deal with TAO? Technically it never left that timeline, it was simply... misplaced.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Attachment 82741

I'm meming myself now.
    Looooooolll. Good one

Ultimate Member

Ya know, have they ever clarified what Thanos' position was in the galactic pecking order? Was he like Genghis Khan? Or just some crazy cult leader that the big powers of the universe simply couldn't be bothered to handle/underestimated?

I mean yeah, he had a great deal of resources, but so did Yondu and he was simply a career merc/thief, and his crew numbered in the hundreds, even after his loyalists were executed.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

He was a cray cult leader that the big powers of the universe couldn’t be bothered that eventually grew into a Genghis Khan they couldn’t handle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I presume that you mean space stone?

That they got it in an earlier time doesn't mean that Loki didn't escape with it in the new timeline they created. Why does everyone assume that time traveling twice erased the first attempt?
    Yes space stone.

There is no implication, in the movie or in my post, that Loki didn't succeed in running off with the stone. Only that the stone was indeed returned to the place it needed to be, as was promised to the Ancient One.

Is Loki getting the Cosmic Cube at Stark Tower the reason he is alive for the Marvel Streaming series? Thanos did kill him at the beginning of Infinity War.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes, i think he believed when the planets saw the benefits of their population reduction, (like Ganora's home world) they would pursue a more sustainable world. Of course that is like the Nazis thinking they would eventually be lauded for exterminating the Jews. So a little insanity there. I mean why not use the stones to terraform a few billion planets to accommodate the growing populations. It's not like the resources of the Universe would be depleted.
    I read a site that pointed out halving the Earth's population would only put us back to the population that existed in 1972. So Scott Lang would feel right at home playing Partridge Family songs. It would only gain us fifty years. He needed to wipe out 90% of human life. Halving all life including animals and plants would be an ecological disaster. But hey, it's a movie, not a science class.
    Power with Girl is better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I read a site that pointed out halving the Earth's population would only put us back to the population that existed in 1972. So Scott Lang would feel right at home playing Partridge Family songs. It would only gain us fifty years. He needed to wipe out 90% of human life. Halving all life including animals and plants would be an ecological disaster. But hey, it's a movie, not a science class.
    No he didn’t, most of the developed world has a fertility rate below the level required to maintain the population. If Thanos concentrated on killing groups who had lots of kids then it would take a lot longer to reach the same population level.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    No he didn’t, most of the developed world has a fertility rate below the level required to maintain the population. If Thanos concentrated on killing groups who had lots of kids then it would take a lot longer to reach the same population level.
    But it wasn't focused. It was totally random.
    Power with Girl is better.

Because the stones can't do that (bring back the dead that the stones didn't actually kill)
    What? Wean did they say that's how the stones powers work?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What? Wean did they say that's how the stones powers work?
    They were never shown to bring back someone actually dead. Only the people who got snapped away. Otherwise heimdall, Vision and Loki and all the asgardians could have been revived and all the other civilization that Thanos decimated. Also why I thought Nat couldnt be brought back because shes physically dead. The snapped people were just erased or in the soul stone.

But yea we dont know that for sure. Just seems likely cause Thanos killed alot of people why not bring them back with the snapped people?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-26-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They were never shown to bring back someone actually dead. Only the people who got snapped away. Otherwise heimdall, Vision and Loki and all the asgardians could have been revived and all the other civilization that Thanos decimated. Also why I thought Nat couldnt be brought back because shes physically dead. The snapped people were just erased or in the soul stone.

But yea we dont know that for sure. Just seems likely cause Thanos killed alot of people why not bring them back with the snapped people?
    I dunno if the IG can control time and space etc it doesn't seem to be that far off that it can bring the Dead back to life.