Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman issue #21 preview

Damian and Jon having a little sleepover, sounds fun.

"-tt- I have my own cow"

This is amazing and I am really looking forward to this issue. Interested to see who this figure is on the last page. Kathy seems to be oblivious to her grandfather's evil doings. Poor Krypto, just can't catch a break. It seems the character in #17 was Cobb by the way, not Mr Mxy Clark.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

that's the squid from the first arc I believe, how does a dairy farmer have a pet squid? Well at least I think that's Cobb in the last page. Looks a little thinner, hard to make out the mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    that's the squid from the first arc I believe, how does a dairy farmer have a pet squid? Well at least I think that's Cobb in the last page. Looks a little thinner, hard to make out the mustache.
    I believe that might not be Cobb, instead being the character watching clark in the dinosaur island issues.

On the second page there is a Robin Son of Batman comic! Also, am I the only one who finds it weird that Jon has a tiny superman figure.HE IS HIS DAD!
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

-Really diggin the older Jon dream page. Jon's probably really feelin himself after hearing about how powerful he's gonna/supposed to be. Also love how his pop is his hero.

-Cobb seems to have a mind control aspect to his power.

-Thank the lord that our mysterious guy that has been set up since issue 2 didn't end up being Prophecy.

-He may have an English accent. Could this actually be Manchester Black? This doesn't really fit his MO. It's too calculated. But then again, it's a reboot.

-On the other hand, this could be a bad future version of Jon. He's the new Superboy, so what if this is his "Black Zero?" I find it pretty telling that he's particularly interested in Jon, and he shows up right after Jon has a dream of being older. What if he's "Superman Black?"

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

It was said that someone controlled that squid through some technology and it got away in Superman #2. I think Cobb is also innocent just like that creature was (as Superman said) and is controlled by the mystery guy, who reminds of Illusive Man from Mass Effect and this guy from X-Files

I like the slightly altered Superboy suit in the dream. He looks a little older and more mature as well. Hopefully he gets it once he can fly(which is probably soon as it is being so heavily foreshadowed)

I feel like there should be like a comic book equivalent to a deleted scene from way back when after Clark tells Jon to wear those eye glasses for the first time, Lois sees him and becomes confused as to where her son is, and who that kid with glasses is, and what is he doing in her house .

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

And so, DC taps into the most primal fear of all: that one day, Krypto will betray us.

Kinda figured this story wasn't done given none of it was referenced in Multiplicity. And I thought the Jon at the beginning was a little too grown-up looking for it to be quite real.
    Buh-bye

Older Jon looks a little Conner-ish, if Kon's hair wasn't as spiky. Actually reminds me even more of New 52 Supes.

Jon pulling out Garth for Damian's fake name out-of-nowhere seemed a little specific... Has he met the original Aqualad? Did Clark tell him about the Legion and Lightning Lad?

Poor Krypto .

Looks like the plot thickens with our mysterious overarching antagonist...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I really love how that preview is connecting everything in this run from the squid,the fight with Frankenstein,Damian..just will help reading this all in trade even better.

Also yay, knew the batcow would get mentioned! Now if he would only show up.

Fantastic Member

Those dog's eyes, Peter Tomasi always giving respect to Grant Morrison, involving a kid with potential, I'd say it's Captain Comet folks:

I'm really excited if they kept Grant's run in continuity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    -He may have an English accent. Could this actually be Manchester Black? This doesn't really fit his MO. It's too calculated. But then again, it's a reboot.
    This might be a bit soon, but...called it! Well...maybe. Plus, he is smoking...

Also, its not that out of his usual MO. He's been known to be calculating and manipulative before (see Ending Battle). I assume that Reborn means those stories are back in canon as well.