Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It's not that seedy behavior should be excused but they're saying this happened pretty recently and I just don't see the point of putting a 95 year old man on blast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It's not that seedy behavior should be excused but they're saying this happened pretty recently and I just don't see the point of putting a 95 year old man on blast.
    That sums it up pretty well.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Reserving judgement until further info is provided.
    Oh? And you have the right to judge? Just observe the case and let the legal process take its course.

First, like others have pointed out, it's the Daily Mail and Sun. Second, I need to address this somewhere because it's completely tearing me apart.

Of course that Stan Lee is important to me. Of course that he will always be important to me. I will always call him my spiritual grandpa and I don't care if he joked about not liking being called a grandpa before. Because he is my spiritual grandpa. He literally gave me a whole lot my entire life and I will always be thankful for that.

I'm very much pro the #MeToo movement because I was once a victim myself. With that said, it's bringing me to actual real tears seeing this elder man getting his name through the mudd at his old age. Is it because I'm a fan? No. It's because last year, my actual grandmother passed away. She had Alzheimer's and while my generation is tearing my hero apart with no questions asked on social media, and very few people are talking about this:

Q. Some dementia patients instead become hypersexual. What is the reason for that?

A. An estimated 7% to 20% of dementia patients do develop problematic sexual behaviors. Some patients experience normal sexual drives but at inappropriate times or places, while others experience hyperarousal. They become fixated on the act and can’t be redirected, so they constantly try to get their partners to have sex or make inappropriate advances toward others. The reason is that, despite the decrease in brain cells and testosterone levels, there are other issues that can override that. The most common is the disintegration of the frontal lobe, which takes away inhibition. Also, lesions that develop in the pleasure centers of the brain can create a hypersexual state. And in some cases, antidepressant medication contributes to hypersexuality.
    Source: https://bottomlineinc.com/health/sex...rprising-truth

People are tearing my biggest hero apart because of a Daily Mail report, no questions asked. I witnessed what Alzheimer's did with my grandmother behavior with my own eyes, I didn't need any researches to see how she'd behave inapproriately around her caretakers. I won't go in details, but it's a very real health issue. Seeing Stan getting disrespected like that seems to hurt even more because I wish neither him or my grandmother had to fight diseases, I wish neither of them would die. Seeing Stan getting trashed without people even stopping to think - and you can ask literally ANY nurse with experience dealing with elder men and women out there - that this isn't about a privileged Hollywood old man but a hero fighting a disease, the same disease that miraculously never left my grandma forget who I was it's devastating to me.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    And we should care because? It's not like the guy is playing a big part in the day-to-day operation of the company. If we had to give up any popular entertainment because the people who made it were jerks we would have to give up 90% of all popular entertainment.
    It's just a moral thing. Obviously a lot of people respect Stan Lee and what he represents for Marvel, even if he doesn't directly work for the company anymore. Marvel still credits him in their products. Marvel still puts his face in their movies, shows and video games. He's still their poster child and something like that could severely hurt the remaining ties he has with the company. Technically speaking, they'd survive. But morally speaking? Yeah, it is something that would leave a mark in the company.

I will just ask anyone that want to learn more about this subject to google the following:

dementia Alzheimer's hypersexuality

If this "leaves a mark" to "the company", to this man's name or my grandma's yeah, let them fight and burn this world to the ground. We are already living a Black Mirror dystopia.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    Oh? And you have the right to judge? Just observe the case and let the legal process take its course.
    Yes i have the right to judge someone, just as others do. Me stating until FURTHER INFO IS PROVIDED indicates i am observing the situation and waiting for more info before i form a opinion. Is that too hard too understand?
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 01-10-2018 at 02:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

The source is the Daily Fail. I'll wait for something a bit more reputable before making any judgement.

Astonishing Member

Today every male "star" is a target. I dont believe anything until its proven in court. It gets ridicoulous.

And what is sexuell harrasment? A slap on the ass of a nurse? I guess it is nowadays...

Last week a female customer touched my butt....hm...i have to be offended by it, or not? I found it kind of amusing...

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Today every male "star" is a target. I dont believe anything until its proven in court. It gets ridicoulous.

And what is sexuell harrasment? A slap on the ass of a nurse? I guess it is nowadays...

Last week a female customer touched my butt....hm...i have to be offended by it, or not? I found it kind of amusing...
    Good for you. A lot of people who have that happen to them do not find it so hilarious.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, even the James Franco accusations had more details.

I'll stay in the "he didn't do anything" camp for now.

Astonishing Member

I'm a bit flabbergasted by the news but I've seen these odious reactions online(Twitter in particular) of people immediately brushing off these claims, even going as far as posting " I'm still going to theater on May" memes and that's utterly tone death and insensitive. I'm a bit skeptical given the source(it's a tabloid magazine that even wikipedia has neglected to use because of its notorious unreliability) but it's still quite likely it might be true, even with the dubious veracity of the publication in question there may be some truth behind these reports even if the stories might be blown out of proportion or buttressed by sensationalist yellow journalism.

Don't let the legend of Stan Lee blind you to the reality he may be capable of some reprehensible actions. Hopefully this is all cleared up soon and we get to the bottom of this.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-10-2018 at 10:20 AM.

I've been pretty consistent with my defense of the victims and still stand but I also think everything isn't equal. We have varying degrees of crimes from sexual assaults to various murders and we don't treat them the same as we shouldn't treat all these allegations the same.

One as someone who has worked with the elderly in the nursing care system these people both male and female have no filters and say what they want no matter how inappropriate, can get handsy, and even violent if they're frustrated I've seen elderly patients throw stuff at nursing staff they get very angry and frustrated at the loss of control they have in their lives and dealing with their moods is part of the job and if you can't handle it you drop the patient.

Now looking at this case even if guilty I won't view it the same as Weinstein who allegedly raped and threatened women. This IMO is a 95 year old person who looks it be 100 pounds when wet even if handsy which I'm not saying he was but if he was I don't view that as the same danger levels or assault and IMO you smack the hand away tell them to stop and if they continue you call your employer make a complaint and drop them as a patient in your care and then the service either gets another nurse or contacts the family to tell them they will have to locate another service.

So basically if true will I be disappointed? Yes will it change my view of Stan Lee? A little. Will it change my view of Marvel? No not in the slightest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Good for you. A lot of people who have that happen to them do not find it so hilarious.
    Some people are oversensitiv, some not. Some things are sexuall harassment, some not, or a gray line. I f a woman touches my butt, i would make a joke about it. Some other guy would be offended. So what do you do?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Does not pass the smell test.
    Nothing to see here, move along.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime