Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    You know, a few years ago, i would have told you than that was impossible... but then i remember what happened to Nick Fury.
    As much as i can tell that Cable has been dead and resurrected more then Jean now

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Real talk. Nathan Christopher is Jean's only offspring that she gives a crap about. Rachel hasn't ever say well with her (because of what she represented) and Hope is a stranger. Jean feeling anything of note for her beyond what she would feel for anyone grieving is beyond ridiculous.
    Jean is empathic and given that Hope is the closest living relative to Cable thats spent the most time with him since Jean died, it would make sense for her to take an interest in her bc of their shared connection

I can't believe after introducing his replacement people that people only now realizing that the death is sticking. As soon as I saw young cable I was ugh " the death doesn't mean a much now" and " he is going to stick around and they are going to get over the fact he killed himself because well Xmen".

I am looking forward to Hope I think she is interesting character now that she isn't "Messiah ex machina" anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean is empathic and given that Hope is the closest living relative to Cable thats spent the most time with him since Jean died, it would make sense for her to take an interest in her bc of their shared connection
    I think we're mostly agreeing. Yes Jean is empathic so she would feel what she would feel for anyone who was grieving which is what I said. As for her feeling a connection to Hope, I think that's thin at best. Show me where Jean has responded positively when confronted with a new family member. The other examples (Rachel, NC, Gabriel & Nate) aren't exactly easy pills for Jean to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am looking forward to Hope I think she is interesting character now that she isn't "Messiah ex machina" anymore
    What is she exactly if she's not that. Failed Jean resurrection? Her story fails to impress me and since she doesn't even do anything mechanically anymore, what's the point?

Well this is a easy pass.
    Like hope and Cable but the others blahhh no thanks.

What is she exactly if she's not that. Failed Jean resurrection? Her story fails to impress me and since she doesn't even do anything mechanically anymore, what's the point?
    Let me phrase like this what if Jesus came to earth but it turns out they didn't need him. What would he do? Who would he be? How would all the people who believe him in act? That is what Hope is. Everyone has been telling her from birth that she is special and now it is opps well your not special. It is story of chosen one not being the chosen one

What is she? Nothing but her being nothing is interesting. Good writer can pick up and run with it

Spectacular Member

Let me phrase like this what if Jesus came to earth but it turns out they didn't need him. What would he do? Who would he be? How would all the people who believe him in act? That is what Hope is. Everyone has been telling her from birth that she is special and now it is opps well your not special. It is story of chosen one not being the chosen one

What is she? Nothing but her being nothing is interesting. Good writer can pick up and run with it
    the problem is no fan cared for her anyhow. The only nice aspect of her personality was her relationship with Cable. She is one of the million Jean Grey clones running around out there. At the moment teenage Jean even looks 100 % identical like Hope Summers...Just kill her off. Honestly, nobody needs Hope Summers...she is the "fetch" of the X-Men universe...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I'm still bummed nothing became of this:

Spurrier's X-Force was pretty bad, though. Not sure if people would want to follow up on his plotlines. It's like the man who wrote Legacy got body swapped.

Real talk. Nathan Christopher is Jean's only offspring that she gives a crap about. Rachel hasn't ever say well with her (because of what she represented) and Hope is a stranger. Jean feeling anything of note for her beyond what she would feel for anyone grieving is beyond ridiculous.
    For all effects and purposes, Hope is Cyclops and Jean's granddaughter. Of course she would feel responsible and care about her.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 09-12-2018 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    the problem is no fan cared for her anyhow. The only nice aspect of her personality was her relationship with Cable. She is one of the million Jean Grey clones running around out there. At the moment teenage Jean even looks 100 % identical like Hope Summers...Just kill her off. Honestly, nobody needs Hope Summers...she is the "fetch" of the X-Men universe...
    This is one of those cliche opinions that happens in the X-universe sometimes like Wolverine is everywhere and I am tired of it, Cyclops is boyscout and boring, Everybody hates Kitty as headmaster. The opinions are based on some truth but greatly over exaggerated . Hope wasn't a fan favorite and it didn't help that her importance in universe wasn't earned but shove down people throats(fans hate that) but Hope was a focal point of stuff for a while and yes they are people interested in her story and stuff like

1. Why was she the first mutant birth?
    2. Who are her parents?
    3. Who is Hope now that she is not the Messiah

She is not a Jean Grey clone and as they tell more stories about her without the force importance you will see more and more of a difference.She is just a character now who is way more interesting than most young X-men character because she has legit backstory and plot lines. Hope lived in futures on the run, Hope was hunted by man who is still on the X-men, Hope was raised by Cable to be proficient mercenary/Soldier, Hope was once supposed to be the mutant messiah or destroy the world, Hope has a connection to Jean Grey and Summers clan.etc I know what Hope was and it fair to criticize that but not it is not all she can be I mean characters like Nightcrawler, Colossus, Polaris,etc have been around for years in comics. It feels like they are only a couple story line you can go with them. Hope has just as much storyline potential and she has been around short amount of time. Why kill hope ? She could be female Cable

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

http://www.xavierfiles.com/2018/09/1...xterminated-1/

This December, CABLE creative team Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler re-team for a special one-shot to say good-bye to the time-traveling, fan-favorite mutant – featuring covers by Geoff Shaw and a special back-up story that celebrates the life of Nathan Summers, from legendary X-Men series writer Chris Claremont!

X-MEN: THE EXTERMINATED #1
    Written by ZAC THOMPSON, LONNIE NADLER, and CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Art by NEIL EDWARDS and more
    Cover by GEOFF SHAW, colors by ANTONIO FABELA
    On Sale 12/5/18
    Oh look,jean is gonna heal another one.Despite having to deal with death of her father once,hope's gonna lose it this time because jean is gonna HEEEEAAAAL the world.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Oh look,jean is gonna heal another one.Despite having to deal with death of her father once,hope's gonna lose it this time because jean is gonna HEEEEAAAAL the world.
    Dr. Jean Grey has a nice ring to it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    and that's not a beautiful thing to do? The X-Men face so much despair and grief over the year, what's wrong with a little healing and love? What else is telepathy than a means for endless empathy? I think this is very much the beautiful thing about Jean Grey. Although she is able to see all the ugliness in a person's minds, she still looks past that and sees humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    As much as i can tell that Cable has been dead and resurrected more then Jean now
    This is the first and only time Cable has ever actually died. In Second Coming he was just transported to the future. And in Uncanny Avengers he transfered his mind into his arm while battling the Red Skull.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Spectacular Member

This is one of those cliche opinions that happens in the X-universe sometimes like Wolverine is everywhere and I am tired of it, Cyclops is boyscout and boring, Everybody hates Kitty as headmaster. The opinions are based on some truth but greatly over exaggerated . Hope wasn't a fan favorite and it didn't help that her importance in universe wasn't earned but shove down people throats(fans hate that) but Hope was a focal point of stuff for a while and yes they are people interested in her story and stuff like

1. Why was she the first mutant birth?
    2. Who are her parents?
    3. Who is Hope now that she is not the Messiah

She is not a Jean Grey clone and as they tell more stories about her without the force importance you will see more and more of a difference.She is just a character now who is way more interesting than most young X-men character because she has legit backstory and plot lines. Hope lived in futures on the run, Hope was hunted by man who is still on the X-men, Hope was raised by Cable to be proficient mercenary/Soldier, Hope was once supposed to be the mutant messiah or destroy the world, Hope has a connection to Jean Grey and Summers clan.etc I know what Hope was and it fair to criticize that but not it is not all she can be I mean characters like Nightcrawler, Colossus, Polaris,etc have been around for years in comics. It feels like they are only a couple story line you can go with them. Hope has just as much storyline potential and she has been around short amount of time. Why kill hope ? She could be female Cable
    I think we have to agree to disagree then. You call it a cliché opinion. I say, where is smoke there is fire. I do not doubt that there is potential in her but potential has EVERY single character in every book. I do not see how the points you have described make her any different from Cable or Rachel or X-Man or Bishop? We already have these characters several times in the books. They are all past Messiahs with unlimited potential being soldiers and growing up in post-apocalyptic circumstances. That's sooooo old. we have done that. Writers NEVER developed her in any meaningful way besides being a plot device and teasing Jean Grey's return.

www.cbr_.comEXTERMINATION2018003-62ff0a99c995bbf49a9bec9b078c02b88aab11eb.jpg

Hope? Is it you?

You even describe her as the "female version of Cable". A woman shouldn't be the female version of anything...that makes her even less interesting to me because she clearly has no interesting potential whatsoever besides being a female copy of someone else.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-12-2018 at 03:05 AM.