Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Young Justice issue #1 Preview

Surpiring amount of Superman related talk. Plus, I figured since Conner is going to be part of it, we can post it here too.

Anyways, we live y'all.

https://twitter.com/DetectiveDrake/s...14173476290565

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

Is the more muted colors supposed to convey more real world feel u think?

Cant wait

It's the same coloring an inking style that was used on Action Comics 1001 and 1002, so I'm guessing it's mianly just Bendis keeping his team together the way he likes it.

It looks great regardless.

BANNED

Digging the Robin logo being used in a speech bubble

Really love Gleason's art here. He switched from paper to all digital and no inker with Action and it's such a great look. Cartoony but still detailed.

[humblebrag] Only downside is he doesn't have original art to put up for sale anymore. I have two pages from his Superman run framed in my office and they are just gorgeous. [/humblebrag]

Exited for this even though I don’t like either of his Superman runs. Though Tim going back to being Robin is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Really love Gleason's art here. He switched from paper to all digital and no inker with Action and it's such a great look.
    That was the change. You're totally right. I think that may have started with the first issue of that Boyzarro arc in Superman (2016). I just remember he was doing something new during that arc, but I don't know if it was this or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That was the change. You're totally right. I think that may have started with the first issue of that Boyzarro arc in Superman (2016). I just remember he was doing something new during that arc, but I don't know if it was this or not.
    Huh, yeah looking back he definitely dropped his inker by that point, but I didn't really notice the change until the Action 1000 story they did.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

REALLY looking forward to this! As you can tell by my tagline!
    Assassinate Putin!

Kon93

I live that we are gonna have a fun YJ and we just got back a very serious YJ on the show.

Merge and release.

Guess they're not really worrying about codenames anymore. Two Robins, and two Superboys and that'll just be how they roll.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The art really isn't for me, but it reads really well! I'll check it out. Bendis rocks on SUPERMAN.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Guess they're not really worrying about codenames anymore. Two Robins, and two Superboys and that'll just be how they roll.
    Up until they killed off Wally West they had two Flashes. What is Donna Troy is going by these days?
    Assassinate Putin!

I really do not care for the Gemworld dialogue...
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Up until they killed off Wally West they had two Flashes. What is Donna Troy is going by these days?
    Troia.