Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Up until they killed off Wally West they had two Flashes. What is Donna Troy is going by these days?
    Yup. Its not my personal taste, but I could roll with it outside of the musing of if overshadowing might take place. I mentioned in the thread in the general forum for example, that Kon is getting a huge push this year. He's going to be in almost every medium; comics, animated show, animated move, live action tv show. The chances are all there to become ensconced again as THE Superboy outside comicdom, which doesn't seem to do Jon any favors. Same thing in the Batman line only reversed. Damian is pushed way more than Tim in the Batman line and he's getting no love in other media whereas Damian is at least the canon Robin on the new DCAU even if he hasn't had much a role yet. This stuff shouldn't affect primarily comic fans, we know who's who. But to general audiences that might not be the case.

But then again just now Ascended came at this from a more business perspective, which makes sense.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-06-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really do not care for the Gemworld dialogue...

Troia.
    I thought that's her evil future name? She's using it too?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yup. Its not my personal taste, but I could roll with it outside of the musing of if overshadowing might take place. I mentioned in the thread in the general forum for example, that Kon is getting a huge push this year. He's going to be in almost every medium; comics, animated show, animated move, live action tv show. The chances are all there to become ensconced again as THE Superboy outside comicdom, which doesn't seem to do Jon any favors. Same thing in the Batman line only reversed. Damian is pushed way more than Tim in the Batman line and he's getting no love in other media whereas Damian is at least the canon Robin on the new DCAU even if he hasn't had much a role yet. This stuff shouldn't affect primarily comic fans, we know who's who. But to general audiences that might not be the case.

But then again just now Ascended came at this from a more business perspective, which makes sense.
    I thought Jon was going to be in the Arrowverse,if they don't pull an injustice . Personally, I don't care for superman in arrowverse.Besides these things take time. But Jon did become popular pretty fast.and Tim is going to be in young justice. Damian does not exist in that universe.
    Jenny hex seems cool. Can't wait for superboy!!!
    It seems to be a fun book. Just right up my alley
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-07-2019 at 01:55 AM.

BANNED

Looks Good I'm tempted to get the single issues... But nah... i will wait for the omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really do not care for the Gemworld dialogue...

Troia.
    Actually, she's not. Troia was the name used by her evil, time-traveling future self, and it didn't look like current-Donna would be interested in taking on that name. (She has, of course, used it in some previous continuities. All the other Original 5 Teen Titans get to take adult names that mean something in English, and reflect their appearance and/or abilities: Nightwing, Arsenal, Flash, Tempest. Donna gets a name that means nothing in English, is hard to work out the pronunciation of, and means "slut" in Italian.)

It look like they've taken people of Gemworld and turned them into generic superheroes, which is not tremendously appealing to me.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

I like how on the YJ show they call him SB,not superbly everytime,and I wouldn't mind them not using the superboy name all together,to me it just holds him back,when he has aged right in front of us and moved past the name,or could be passed it.

Tim is in YJ show and comic,Damian is in the DCAU and still in the comics

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Actually, she's not. Troia was the name used by her evil, time-traveling future self, and it didn't look like current-Donna would be interested in taking on that name. (She has, of course, used it in some previous continuities. All the other Original 5 Teen Titans get to take adult names that mean something in English, and reflect their appearance and/or abilities: Nightwing, Arsenal, Flash, Tempest. Donna gets a name that means nothing in English, is hard to work out the pronunciation of, and means "slut" in Italian.)

It look like they've taken people of Gemworld and turned them into generic superheroes, which is not tremendously appealing to me.
    That had to make the Italian translations...awkward.
    Assassinate Putin!