Default Sabrina the Teenage Witch by Kelly Thompson announced

SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH #1 (1 of 5)

BRAND NEW SERIES!

Sabrina is a teen witch who’s struggling with balancing the double life of high school and her burgeoning powers. Newly relocated to Greendale with her aunts Hilda and Zelda (also witches), Sabrina is trying to make the best of being the new girl in town which so far includes two intriguing love interests, an instant rivalry, a couple of misfits that could turn into BFFs, and trying to save the high school (and maybe the world) from crazy supernatural events. NBD!

Script: Kelly Thompson
    Art: Veronica Fish, Andy Fish, Jack Morelli
    Cover: Veronica Fish
    Variant Covers: Stephanie Buscema, Adam Hughes, Victor Ibanez, Sandra Lanz
    On Sale Date: 3/27
    32-page, full color comic
    $3.99 U.S.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...solicitations/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

On account of the list of creators I'll likely buy at least the first few issues, but it sounds rather like a bit a fluff. It's certainly no replacement for The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, which was one of the best series on the market until it fell into a black hole.

So, I take it this new series is set in the semi-regular current Archie Universe and the "Chilling Adventures" version continues to remain in indefinite limbo?

Thats a good creative team! Veronica Fish did a great job on the Archie relaunch before, as well as on Spider-Gwen.

EDIT: Spider-Woman, not Spider-Gwen, sorry!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Yup-- glad you alerted me to this: will always give Kelly Thompson titles a several issues try; so far, have been rewarded on several titles I'd otherwise never have considered...
    and Seismic-2, you gave me a good laugh in agreement, writing, "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, which was one of the best series on the market until it fell into a black hole."
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Thats a good creative team! Veronica Fish did a great job on the Archie relaunch before, as well as on Spider-Gwen.
    Fish didn't draw Spider-Gwen. She drew Jessica Drew's Spider-Woman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    I like Veronica Fish, too... but I hope the editor is more attentive than the one on Archie was with #6.
    The one page with Reggie and Veronica being drawn from the wrong side of the car caused me to drop the book.

It was the second time an art mistake pulled me out of a story and caused me to quit reading.
    The first time was Dynamite's Legenderry. Took me a long time to get back into it and ignore the mistake.

And without Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa the new Sabrina book will at least come out regularly.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And without Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa the new Sabrina book will at least come out regularly.
    I'd change that to
    And without Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa the new Sabrina book will at least be more likely to come out regularly.
    since sometimes the delays may also be screw-ups by Archie itself in terms of publishing. (There have been way too many delays in other series in the past for me to put ALL the blame on just the writers and/or artists.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd change that tosince sometimes the delays may also be screw-ups by Archie itself in terms of publishing. (There have been way too many delays in other series in the past for me to put ALL the blame on just the writers and/or artists.)
    True.
    Archie has a history of bad publishing habits stretching back at least as far as the '80s (where their Red Circle titles appear to have failed mostly due to irregular scheduling).

But Sabrina really takes the cake, with only eight issues published in four years.

On the bright side, it's probably the most 'new reader friendly' comic that's been going for four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fish didn't draw Spider-Gwen. She drew Jessica Drew's Spider-Woman.
    Oops you're right, thanks! There's so many Spider-People around nowadays it's getting hard to keep up with...

Someone ought to do a movie about that...

And in other news...
    Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is now working on a Katy Keene series for CW.
    So, Chilling Adventures is pretty much dead.

And in other news...
    Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is now working on a Katy Keene series for CW.
    So, Chilling Adventures is pretty much dead.
    Will the new Katy Keene series have zombies or vampires?

Will the new Katy Keene series have zombies or vampires?
    Looks like it's a spin-off of Riverdale.

But... the whole reason why Sabrina (the comic) got put on hold was because Riverdale got greenlit and Aguirre-Sacasa was busy with its production.
    Then Sabrina became a show, and he was busy with that.
    The comic still hasn't resumed and now he's getting involved with a Katy Keene show.

Great for him, because he's staying busy and making big money...
    But I think we can finally put Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (the comic) to rest. It just isn't gonna happen.
    It's not a priority for him, or for Archie.
    And I really can't blame Aguirre-Sacasa because he is making more money than he would be doing a comic.

. . . But I think we can finally put Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (the comic) to rest. It just isn't gonna happen.
    It's not a priority for him, or for Archie.
    And I really can't blame Aguirre-Sacasa because he is making more money than he would be doing a comic.
    By the way, did Afterlife With Archie ever get all twelve issues published? (At least, I thought at one point there had been solicitations for an issue #11 and issue #12.)

By the way, did Afterlife With Archie ever get all twelve issues published? (At least, I thought at one point there had been solicitations for an issue #11 and issue #12.)
    There were solicits...
    And covers...
    Even variant covers!
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...with-archie-11
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...with-archie-12

Back in 2016...