Thread: Wrestling WWE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Jim Ross discussed his many hats he wore in the WWF back in the Attitude era where he was busy. He had that discussion with Jim Cornette.

- Jim Ross brings up that if cellphones existed like they do now , he likely would have tossed it. Because as him and Cornette joked you had Vince McMahon who barely slept 4 hours a night and then you had others calling. And Jim Ross claims his wife would take 90% of the calls , talk someone down by the time she handed him the phone.

- Ross brings up that a lot of calls came from talent since he was VP. During this era you had guys making more money than they ever dreamed of and they were constantly worried over spots. If Russo didn't have em on TV for a week they'd call and be worried they were losing their spots or their golden eggs as J.R claimed.

- This brings up Vader as J.R had him set to be over Shawn awhile and while that didn't please Shawn Michaels at the time , it was common sense over coming the odds deal. Anyhow Leon (Vader) calls him one night and claims he can't make his bookings ...his elbow is hurting. Jim Ross is like , I bet you haven't even unpacked your bags yet have you ? Come on Leon the boys won't wanna work for you , damn it. So Jim Ross has no clue Leon has him on speaker and starts swearing as he tells White he's acting like a big ole p---y. Leon protests like a little kid , no I'm not.

Then he hears Leon's wife chime in , yes J.R he's acting like one. Which startled Jim Ross . So she claims he didn't unpack his bags and she didn't clean his tights so she'll drive him to the airport right now to make sure he shows up for work !

- Cornette joked that the whole year or longer Vader likely never washed those tights or gloves. Because as he brings up in a spot Vader once grabbed him , pulled him close and the black of the gloves where they had never been washed rubbed off on his jacket. So he had to toss the jacket away.

- Jim Ross loves Leon , he would have hired him again if he had to. Sadly the Japan work sorta hurt him due to strong style and effected his body. That he was near the end of his run in his career and chance to make big money. But the company believed like he did in Vader. They gave him a huge push , they gave him the best manager in business to help. But with Leon it was a fear of failing and it effected him. Jim Ross claims he hired Vader....twice. That he saw Vader's work against Stan Hanson in Japan and hired him in WCW and then years later for WWF.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Do you listen and update this thread with old stories told on Podcast? Always see you posting wrestling history and generally good stuff your like wrestling historian.

BANNED

I remember watching a roundtable where JR talked about how he got call after call after the Montreal Incident (as he was head of talent at that time) and that some guys were refusing to be at RAW the next night

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Do you listen and update this thread with old stories told on Podcast? Always see you posting wrestling history and generally good stuff your like wrestling historian.
    Super is married to "the good ol days"

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I remember watching a roundtable where JR talked about how he got call after call after the Montreal Incident (as he was head of talent at that time) and that some guys were refusing to be at RAW the next night
    Foley (in his book) and others told Jim Ross they wouldn't be there and Jim Ross claimed it was....a long night of that. A lot were hurt by this and he understood. From what J.R claimed with Cornette that calls to him was a constant in this era since he was VP of Talent and folks would call him. The best part was that his wife 90% of the time before she handed him the phone would talk them down.

Super is married to "the good ol days"
    Well the good ole days do have the best stories of folks and the insanity at times. We never will get that again because of the many companies and the insane reactions from some then comically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

Lana and Rusev burn down the "Robe Warriors"

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

so you guys see the thing with sami callihan and eddie edwards??

i in hindsight they probably should've used a rubber bat but i think 99% of the time sami doesn't whiff on the swing like that and it's no big deal. i'm a big shane douglas fan but imo his comments were way off especially considering some of the spots he's done and been involved in.

I wonder if that spot wouldn't have worked better if they used a regular steel chair, like the ones normally used in wrestling. That plastic chair had to just sort of balance on Edwards body because all 4 legs couldn't touch the floor. I'm thinking if the chair wasn't basically ready to fall off on it's own, it might have protected him a bit better.

That said I'm not even sure what the point was of having a chair in that spot. It probably would have been safer and more effective to just safely hit Edwards with the bat (probably in the gut or whatever).
    Last edited by XPac; 03-08-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Foley (in his book) and others told Jim Ross they wouldn't be there and Jim Ross claimed it was....a long night of that. A lot were hurt by this and he understood. From what J.R claimed with Cornette that calls to him was a constant in this era since he was VP of Talent and folks would call him. The best part was that his wife 90% of the time before she handed him the phone would talk them down.

Well the good ole days do have the best stories of folks and the insanity at times. We never will get that again because of the many companies and the insane reactions from some then comically.
    I cannot get into the matches of the good old days, but the stories of the business from those days are great. Do not know if it has come up on here and missed it but it is outside of the wwe world but poor Eddie Edwards that was a mean baseball bat to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wonder if that spot wouldn't have worked better if they used a regular steel chair, like the ones normally used in wrestling. That plastic chair had to just sort of balance on Edwards body because all 4 legs couldn't touch the floor. I'm thinking if the chair wasn't basically ready to fall off on it's own, it might have protected him a bit better.

That said I'm not even sure what the point was of having a chair in that spot. It probably would have been safer and more effective to just safely hit Edwards with the bat.
    I cannot get into the matches of the good old days, but the stories of the business from those days are great. Do not know if it has come up on here and missed it but it is outside of the wwe world but poor Eddie Edwards that was a mean baseball bat to the face.

Yeah I saw the baseball bat spot and Impact had its highest ratings in months as folks tuned in to see that spot. I'm thinking that Sami takes the bat and nails the chair , the prongs of the chair jab into Edward's ribs and all as he sells that. Instead we got what we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah I saw the baseball bat spot and Impact had its highest ratings in months as folks tuned in to see that spot. I'm thinking that Sami takes the bat and nails the chair , the prongs of the chair jab into Edward's ribs and all as he sells that. Instead we got what we saw.
    I guess Impact found a way to spike ratings.

Cena auditioning for Blue's Clues hopefully he gets it.

BANNED

Cena auditioning for Blue's Clues hopefully he gets it.
    that's legit?

I thought it was a promo for their awards show or something

Lana and Rusev burn down the "Robe Warriors"

They should have saved that for the actual match.

BANNED

Imma try and watch Impact tonight for the first time in forever

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I guess Impact found a way to spike ratings.
    Which makes me hope that POP n Anthem don't sit down and go , well what we need is more violent matches and situations. Because the worst thing would be to go CZW. I checked out the roster of Impact and damn...talk about a 180. Its full of new guys and more on their website. They haven't removed ECIII yet , but I think its kinda wild that the oldest guys on the roster for Impact is Abyss , Edwards and Austin Aires now. The rest are like Sami.