Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Ted Cruz Criticized for Naming "Watchmen" Character as One of His Favorite Superheroes

Observers questioned Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz for saying that "Watchmen" character Rorschach was one of his top five superheroes.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Right and what do they thing Wolverine is?

The real question is why are people are questioning candidates about their favorite superheroes instead of asking them about actual political issues.

BANNED

No one would care if he'd said Deadpool, Wolverine, or any other comic book hero who kills. Why care about this?

Twitter comments get way too much attention.

Wolverine is a nutjob, too.

But he's far more heroic than Rorschach.

At times.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

"And the American People will say , please don't run for office.....and I'll say ...NO."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

This is why Aliens will never visit us.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    No one would care if he'd said Deadpool, Wolverine, or any other comic book hero who kills. Why care about this?
    Well he did say Wolverine and no cares. I think the issue is not that Rosh is violent, but that he's a spoof of a certain type right wing zealot. It's a little like being asked your favorite minority role model and answering Uncle Ruckus from the Boondocks.

Pretty amusing choice, even though having a favourite superhero is clearly not the same as endorsing wholeheartedly the values they stand for. Hell I can't think of a single superhero who doesn't use unacceptable levels of violence for the real world, they're all violent sociopathic nut jobs, that was the entire point of Watchmen.

What's most concerning is the Young Consevative comment: 'Nobody likes a hero who constantly compromises on their values and beliefs or who is too scared to stand up and do the right thing because it comes with a heavy price.'

Indeed, what are reason and compassion in the face of conviction?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well he did say Wolverine and no cares. I think the issue is not that Rosh is violent, but that he's a spoof of a certain type right wing zealot. It's a little like being asked your favorite minority role model and answering Uncle Ruckus from the Boondocks.
    Yeah, it shows he didn't get it.

Or maybe he did get it, which is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    "And the American People will say , please don't run for office.....and I'll say ...NO."
    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    This is why Aliens will never visit us.
    I can't decide which of these made me crack up more!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    But at the end of the day you can argue that he's probably the most heroic. He's not really a spoof of a certain character as he is that kind of character magnified. More violent, more unstable but at the end of the day more more unflinching and more moral. Despite how crazed and over the top he might've become his moral code was probably the steadiest of all the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    But at the end of the day you can argue that he's probably the most heroic. He's not really a spoof of a certain character as he is that kind of character magnified. More violent, more unstable but at the end of the day more more unflinching and more moral. Despite how crazed and over the top he might've become his moral code was probably the steadiest of all the characters.
    About to say, Rorschach was pretty damn admirable. Especially at the end, he knew as much as the next guy that what Adrian did would lead to peace, but at the same time. The idea of the ends justifying the means on that level was too much for him to bare.
    As someone whose chosen career path is that of a defense attorney. The idea that nothing is worth turning a blind eye to the truth is one I hold in the highest regards.

This is such a gigantic non-issue.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.