Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I can't believe there's not even a reference to the original SPIDEY comic from the 1970s that was based on the Electric Company TV series Spider-Man segments. WTF?

51261-2702-67523-1-spidey-super-stories.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    when marvel says for mature audiences, they mean mature audiences. when they say teen and up, they mean all ages. when they say all ages, they mean 6 and under, or people with no attention span whatsoever
    A little hyperbolic, but yeah, I'm hoping this is really "all ages". There are some series they have going now that really should be "All Ages", but I get the impression that they've sort of shot themselves in the foot with the rating, so that people see it and think kiddie (basically, same as the G film rating) rather than "something both my kids and I can enjoy". So, you get stuff like Squirrel Girl, which both my daughter and I love, rated as Teen, even though there's pretty much nothing at all objectionable in it (unless you're really sensitive to jokes about the size of someone's butt or the word "butt").

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    There is always risk when you go back in in a narrative and tell new tales. Just look at some of the oddities that arose with Star Wars.

Still, this is a great solution to the problem of people wanting to read about Peter but who are not fans of Dan Slott or the new direction. This is essentially a return to multiple titles starring Peter (like Web of and Spectacular) except this title has a clearly defined mission statement and a niche that is not duplicated by the main Peter book.

This is a great solution and Marvel deserves some praise for the idea.
    Indeed nice to see other writers getting a go at Spider-man. Diversity I think is a good think. It can be monotome when it is only one writer getting a go (no matter who good he or she is). However I think Marvel has been scared to use multiple writers since the Clone Saga because it ended in a mess without a clear direction. Especially when you have a writer like Dan who likes to stir things up.

If this is basically a retelling of young Peter's adventures in a more modern setting (i.e. 1990's or 2000's rather than 1960's) this could be a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    If this is basically a retelling of young Peter's adventures in a more modern setting (i.e. 1990's or 2000's rather than 1960's) this could be a great idea.
    I think it's going to be new adventures, which can also work.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I wonder if we're going to get a new Chat?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Marvel's done that with Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel Adventures until they cancelled them. But isn't Dan Slott already making ASM as an all ages series?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    God, I wish it took place in the 60's tho. I liked all the dumb slang they used.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Marvel's done that with Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel Adventures until they cancelled them. But isn't Dan Slott already making ASM as an all ages series?
    I don't think the book has to last forever in order to work.

I'm sure Marvel's happy with Ultimate Spider-Man even if it only lasted 212 issues.

Amazing Spider-Man has a different status quo. One advantage of the Spidey series is that it matches what's going on in the MCU films where Peter Parker will be in high school.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fonr anyone curious about more details, comicbook.com has an interview with Robbie Thompson.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/24/marv...spidey-series/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Might be worth checking out! This interview certainly made me interested!