Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Brady's goal is to keep on playing because he has nothing else better to do with his life, even if it's for a bottom feeder, then I feel sorry for the guy. Brady could retire today and get a blank check tomorrow from ESPN, CBS, NBC or NFL Network to be a studio talking head on their pregame shows, or, with his looks, he could go to Hollywood and take up acting, or, he could just stay home and bang Giselle every goddamn day. I don't get it, Brady's place in Canton has long since been reserved and has nothing left to prove, he still has his health and no sane reason to risk it, so why stay?
    Because right now he’s playing to see how far he can actually go and push it as far as he can.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If Brady's goal is to keep on playing because he has nothing else better to do with his life, even if it's for a bottom feeder, then I feel sorry for the guy. Brady could retire today and get a blank check tomorrow from ESPN, CBS, NBC or NFL Network to be a studio talking head on their pregame shows, or, with his looks, he could go to Hollywood and take up acting, or, he could just stay home and bang Giselle every goddamn day. I don't get it, Brady's place in Canton has long since been reserved and has nothing left to prove, he still has his health and no sane reason to risk it, so why stay?
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Because right now he’s playing to see how far he can actually go and push it as far as he can.
    As some ex********** players have said even when Tom had 3-4 Super Bowls and could have walked away with his place in Canton then ; he always would tell people..."I was picked 199th in the 2000 Draft". Like he still had this , I have to prove myself and show I never should have been passed over. Its that constant chip on his shoulder that keeps making him play. Whenever someone doubts his skill set or thinks he should retire Brady sees it as some challenge to prove he can play. He really could retire , go do NBC or Fox pregame and live forever there as the greatest QB that ever played.

Also part of it is Steve Young and Brett Farve in a way. Young himself told Farve years ago ; if you still feel you can still play don't retire. Young seemed to regret his decision to retire early due to concussion issues. Farve took that to heart and played on even when he had a great storybook ending of his career in that NFC Championship game (the whole being a wild gun slinger and throwing that Int across his body as he couldn't run). Brett still had that desire to play. Like a Tom Brady now.

And when in a unknown era of someone playing at 42/43 right now. The oldest QB's to play in NFL at one point was Vinny Testeverde at 44 who was a backup at that point and had been for the last 3-4 seasons of his career. Steve DeBerg also played til he was 44 but also was a backup QB his final 3-4 seasons as well. So were uncharted territory as a starting QB here right now.

Brady has really defied father time thus far. He unlike Manning showed career wise he could go farther for sure and still be a better QB than half the league at age 42. That is astounding to think of. But can he keep this up is the question ? Also New England has to get him a deep threat WR. They tried with Brown and failed. They need someone who can stretch the field for Tom Brady so he can work that system. (Brady had Moss and Cooks a number of seasons that helped).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Dear mods can you please get a handle on these boards now. Typing in the word PATRIOTS should not be blanked out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

NFL News...

- Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins told today he would more than likely be willing to take a pay cut to stay in KC to pay Pat Mahomes if need be. Watkins is due nearly $21 in money this year. If KC chooses to cut Watkins they can save $14+ million in cap room. But with Watkins willing to take a pay cut KC could keep the 3 WR's they use (Watkins , Hill and Hardman) around awhile longer.

- Draft prospect Tua Tagovailoa is on pace for a full recovery he claims heading into 2020 NFL Draft. The young QB suffered a dislocated hip and while he won't take part in scouting Combine in March ; he will be there to get medically cleared for teams. Then will start interview process and have his pro day in April. He nearly returned for a Senior season and spoke with Nick Saban who told him to not make an emotional decision but a business one.

- Sean Payton revealed that its very unlikely all 3 QB's will return together for the Saints in 2020. The team had Drew Brees , Taysom Hill and Terry Bridgewater in 2019 and used all 3. Brees was solid as the veteran but got injured and Bridgewater filled in solid. A fact Payton raved about. Also Payton believes Hill will eventually become a starting QB in the league.

- Carolina today with Greg Olsen (TE) announced they are parting ways. The Panthers praised Olsen for his great play the last 9 seasons with the team. Olsen's departure will save $11+ million in cap room for 2020 . This could signal the team towards a full rebuild as LB Luke Kuechly announced his retirement earlier and the Panthers are deciding on what to do with Cam Newton for 2020 in his final season of his contract.

Man I wish the Rams had kept Sammy on!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

48 hours away from the Super Bowl, and guess who's commanding headlines:

Brady posts intriguing photo on social media

Which, in turn, led to this exercise in speculation:

Breaking down which teams should be in or out on Tom Brady in 2020
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'd rather the sports world talk about that prior to the NFL's biggest game than continue to get lost in Kobe Bryant's death, even almost a week later.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

This was just a childish mood from Brady. He is not in the Superbowl and he is pissed and feeling butt hurt so he had to do something to try and steal the spotlight. he very well could have waited until Tuesday to post this pic.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    This was just a childish mood from Brady. He is not in the Superbowl and he is pissed and feeling butt hurt so he had to do something to try and steal the spotlight. he very well could have waited until Tuesday to post this pic.
    Or it could simply be a Kobe Bryant homage.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Or it could simply be a Kobe Bryant homage.
    If it was a homage to Kobe I would assume he would have a jersey or good by message or something. I anything like that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

NFL News...

- Alex Smith detailed on Outside the Lines that when he suffered his badly broken leg in 2018 he had no clue how bad it really was and how it nearly cost him his life. He developed an infection in his leg sepsis and doctors had to rush him back into surgery to save his leg ! He had no idea how close he was to possibly dying or losing his leg then. Smith has 3 years left on his Washington deal and has spoken to Ron Rivera a few times but admits , things are still very unknown on whether he'll ever play again.

Ian Rappaport claims that Smith is now going through rehab to have a good quality of life outside football and a return really doesn't seem to be in the cards . Given his age (35) and his bad injury Smith seems a very long shot to ever play football again.

- The NFL announced their Award winners for 2019...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-award-winners

- The Modern era Hall of Fame 2020 class will be : Steve Atwater (Safety) , Issac Bruce (WR) , Steve Hutchinsion (Guard) , Edgerrin James (RB) , and Troy Polamalu (Safety) . Bruce has been one that many debated for a few years on whether he'd go in.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    If it was a homage to Kobe I would assume he would have a jersey or good by message or something. I anything like that.
    Or it could just be incredibly similar to a well known Kobe image, which it happens to be.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News...

- Alex Smith detailed on Outside the Lines that when he suffered his badly broken leg in 2018 he had no clue how bad it really was and how it nearly cost him his life. He developed an infection in his leg sepsis and doctors had to rush him back into surgery to save his leg ! He had no idea how close he was to possibly dying or losing his leg then. Smith has 3 years left on his Washington deal and has spoken to Ron Rivera a few times but admits , things are still very unknown on whether he'll ever play again.

Ian Rappaport claims that Smith is now going through rehab to have a good quality of life outside football and a return really doesn't seem to be in the cards . Given his age (35) and his bad injury Smith seems a very long shot to ever play football again.

- The NFL announced their Award winners for 2019...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-award-winners

- The Modern era Hall of Fame 2020 class will be : Steve Atwater (Safety) , Issac Bruce (WR) , Steve Hutchinsion (Guard) , Edgerrin James (RB) , and Troy Polamalu (Safety) . Bruce has been one that many debated for a few years on whether he'd go in.
    All of them deserve it. I have no objections to any of these guys. Atwater was one of the best of his era, and could take people's heads off and made so many big plays for Denver's Super Bowl teams. Hutchinson was the best goddamned guard of his era, hands down. Edge was a dual-threat running back in the mold of Marshall Faulk, and made the Colts more than just Peyton. And Polamalu... Christ Almighty, he was everywhere on the back end of Pittsburgh's defense during their past few Super Bowl appearances. Guy was a rare Madden "99-rating", and every week people game-planned around him. Which was hard, because he could line up everywhere on any play and blitz the run, blitz the pass, or drop back and cause havoc. Isaac Bruce is the "controversial" one but he had eight different 1,000 yard seasons, and +15,000 yards receiving and 91 career TDs. That's... pretty good for a supposedly "weak" resume. He's got a ring, and his numbers dwarf say... Lynn Swann.

A great Hall of Fame class.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News...

If Smith wants to stay in football, given that his playing career is all but over, he could go into coaching.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If Smith wants to stay in football, given that his playing career is all but over, he could go into coaching.
    I really feel for Alex Smith. He is a great teacher and its said Reid told Mahomes to follow Smith around and just learn from him that season. Mahomes has praised Alex Smith for this as did Andy Reid.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...liv-experience

“Alex kind of let him tag along with him on the field and off the field, showed him how to be a pro — how you study, diet, your workout plan, how you work your family into the National Football League and be a great football player,” Reid said.
    If the Redskins do release Smith , hopefully Andy Reid brings him back as a QB coach.