Page 39 of 179 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #232 Feb 1975
    "Lo, The Raging Battle!"
    On Earth, Firelord discovers a mysterious cube; When he enters, he is confronted by a gigantic ominous being;
    Hercules and Sif go on a quest for the Runestaff of Kamo Tharnn; Later, Firelord attacks Thor,

but during the battle Firelord comes to his senses and tells him of Loki's attack on him.

Script by Gerry Conway, pencils by John Buscema (layouts/breakdowns), Dick Giordano (finished art)
    and Terry Austin (finished art), inks by Dick Giordano (figures) and Terry Austin (backgrounds)

BANNED

What do you guys think about Conway's run ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Not sure if serious or sarcastic.
    While I appreciate young Thor and his drunken orgies, and irreverent about Aaron’s run, I’m always laser focused on craft ale. Apparently so is Jason. Huzzah!

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Thor #232 Feb 1975
    "Lo, The Raging Battle!"
    On Earth, Firelord discovers a mysterious cube; When he enters, he is confronted by a gigantic ominous being;
    Hercules and Sif go on a quest for the Runestaff of Kamo Tharnn; Later, Firelord attacks Thor,

but during the battle Firelord comes to his senses and tells him of Loki's attack on him.

Script by Gerry Conway, pencils by John Buscema (layouts/breakdowns), Dick Giordano (finished art)
    and Terry Austin (finished art), inks by Dick Giordano (figures) and Terry Austin (backgrounds)
    Firelord is my favorite herald and Conway's run needs more love.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Dick Giordano is one of the best inkers ever, imo.

Firelord is my favorite herald and Conway's run needs more love.
    Oh yeah. And the artwork by Buscema is stunning. He was truly the Cadillac of artists at the time.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Oh yeah. And the artwork by Buscema is stunning. He was truly the Cadillac of artists at the time.
    I love Buscema's artwork in the Conan comics, especially the women.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

I love Buscema's artwork in the Conan comics, especially the women.
    Can I get an amen!

"Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Now...someone tell me he ditched the ridiculous Destroyer arm that Aaron has him in!
    I agree 100%. It's not anything a good "Odin er Thorsleep" in the regeneration chamber can't fix.

Quote Originally Posted by jonincentex View Post
    I agree 100%. It's not anything a good "Odin er Thorsleep" in the regeneration chamber can't fix.
    Remember when Odin was a living Deus Ex Machina with the Odinsleep being his only weakness?

Astonishing Member

That's Aaron's last ditch effort to show that his pet Jane Foster is more awesome than Thor and give his detractors one last middle finger.

The pettiness levels are through the roof.
    Ignore Aaron, he's irrelevant now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    LoL I knew Thor will get corrupted.

now we will see Aaron's Valkyrie would give Thor a run for his money in all of it's glory.
    It's irrelevant, it doesn't matter

Just caught up on Thor 1-3 and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Though I have to be honest, I'm a bit of two minds on this, the issues were super fun, the art was great, Thor being powerful and confident again is great (although tired and weary) BUT I am so damn tire of Galactus being jobbed in like every book I've seen him in, for who knows how long now. As much as I love Thor and his mythos, he should not be able to essential man-handle Galactus, not even Odin at full power should be able to do that. Galctus also comes off as a petty tyrant, demanding Thor acknowledge him as his master etc etc. I know the story isn't over, and I'm just reacting to it fresh, but I love seeing Thor and Galactus interact and at the same time hate it. We've seen Thor be the jobber king forever and I'm just as sick of it for Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Just caught up on Thor 1-3 and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Though I have to be honest, I'm a bit of two minds on this, the issues were super fun, the art was great, Thor being powerful and confident again is great (although tired and weary) BUT I am so damn tire of Galactus being jobbed in like every book I've seen him in, for who knows how long now. As much as I love Thor and his mythos, he should not be able to essential man-handle Galactus, not even Odin at full power should be able to do that. Galctus also comes off as a petty tyrant, demanding Thor acknowledge him as his master etc etc. I know the story isn't over, and I'm just reacting to it fresh, but I love seeing Thor and Galactus interact and at the same time hate it. We've seen Thor be the jobber king forever and I'm just as sick of it for Galactus.
    Much like Thanos, the more Galactus Is used the more the character gets hurt.

Galactus turning into the Lifebringer in Ewing's Ultimates was a perfect way to put the character on hiatus if not retire for good.

BANNED

fun moment from jms thor

https://i.imgur.com/yEHAjVa.jpg