Page 89 of 120 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1789

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    VARIETY is reporting that

Now Warner Bros., the studio behind the film, wants the action movie to break another glass ceiling. Although executives haven’t commented publicly on their plans, they have internally discussed launching a formidable awards-season campaign for the movie, in the hopes of making it the first comic-book film nominated for best picture, Variety has learned.

The studio will also stump Patty Jenkins for best director, which would also be groundbreaking. No director of a comic-book film — not even Christopher Nolan — has ever been nominated, and only men have ruled the category since (and before) Kathryn Bigelow won the Oscar for “The Hurt Locker” in 2010.

Keep in mind that VARIETY isn't above reporting rumours that turn out to be false, so don't get your hopes up and take this with a grain of salt.
    I saw this reported on multiple news sites. Amazing!! Meanwhile...this is FUNNY!!

https://www.facebook.com/funnyordie/...5533757318851/
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

It could just be a publicity stunt for DC, but it would be amazing if they could even secure a nomination. They don't even necessarily have to win. Just the bragging rights of being nominated would be amazing hype for this franchise!

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I saw this reported on multiple news sites. Amazing!! Meanwhile...this is FUNNY!!

https://www.facebook.com/funnyordie/...5533757318851/
    That IS funny!

Especially funny since they apparently didn't notice that there were several Amazons who WEREN'T "hot chicks" by any traditional definition. But whatevs!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    It could just be a publicity stunt for DC, but it would be amazing if they could even secure a nomination. They don't even necessarily have to win. Just the bragging rights of being nominated would be amazing hype for this franchise!

That IS funny!

Especially funny since they apparently didn't notice that there were several Amazons who WEREN'T "hot chicks" by any traditional definition. But whatevs!
    So only homely overweight women are allowed to be feminists?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    That's definitely the impression I got from the women in that video. Other online "feminists" too.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Yes. Weren't you paying attention through the whole Wonder Woman UN Ambassador story?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yes. Weren't you paying attention through the whole Wonder Woman UN Ambassador story?
    Or that one Rotten Tomatoes reviewer who criticized the movie based entirely on the fact that Wonder Gal was a beautiful Caucasian woman and not fat/black/gay/puffer fish/whatever?

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Or that one Rotten Tomatoes reviewer who criticized the movie based entirely on the fact that Wonder Gal was a beautiful Caucasian woman and not fat/black/gay/puffer fish/whatever?
    There seems to be a very strong push to say that if you are a woman who is generally considered attractive physically you cannot be intelligent and/or represent other women.

It's like a kind of weird discrimination.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

^^^ They want this Wonder Woman...

Extraordinary Member

LOL

Meanwhile, in order to illustrate the MASSIVE scope of Wonder Woman's success.

On day 57 of it's run, BVS earned $82,871.

On the same of day Wonder Woman's run [last Friday] it earned...

$985,000

About 12 times as much!

HOLA!

Retired

$395,443,706 domestic / $786,043,706 worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ^^^ They want this Wonder Woman...

Where is this from, please?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Where is this from, please?
    Sensation Comics #20: https://www.comixology.com/Sensation...l-comic/172602

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    LOL

Meanwhile, in order to illustrate the MASSIVE scope of Wonder Woman's success.

On day 57 of it's run, BVS earned $82,871.

On the same of day Wonder Woman's run [last Friday] it earned...

$985,000

About 12 times as much!

HOLA!
    We have good taste here in the U.S. Well, ... sometimes.

Here's a fun chart comparing the daily domestic revenues for the DCEU movies:
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdow...y&id=dcuni.htm

WW didn't start out with the strongest opening weekend, but ever since the beginning of her second week, she's beaten the other movies every day. Azzarello's Orion was prophetic, this woman has good legs! She just keeps going. Going to make a ton of money when the dvd/blue ray comes out, too.

Even Suicide Squad was crushing Batman v Superman by then. And BvS was pulled after week 12 while MoS and SS played out a couple weeks more.
    It seems pretty obvious that despite its defenders, BvS wasn't very well liked by the general public. After the first week or two people had seen enough.

Even Suicide Squad was crushing Batman v Superman by then. And BvS was pulled after week 12 while MoS and SS played out a couple weeks more.
    It seems pretty obvious that despite its defenders, BvS wasn't very well liked by the general public. After the first week or two people had seen enough.
    I love the Ultimate Cut. I can't believe they didn't release the full cut in theaters. That was the mistake.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.