View Poll Results: Do you believe Storm to be solely a weather manipulator?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: she needs weather for her powers to work

64 57.14%
  • No: She percieves energy and her manipulation of this results in weather phenomenon

37 33.04%
  • I dont know.

11 9.82%
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ah, magic. No, seriously, you're not telling me those bracelets work on technology.
    yup wakandan tech.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Storm would be immune to the explosive decompressing stuff. Her body is immune to things like air pressure, air friction, etc. I think that pressure protection her mutant powers affords her transfers to protect her from what you are talking about when she is out in space. That said, she cannot survive in space without air to breathe.
    I would love to see her use her powers in ways to enhance her durability and use her powers in such a way to allow her to breathe in space. not sure how any ideas?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would love to see her use her powers in ways to enhance her durability and use her powers in such a way to allow her to breathe in space. not sure how any ideas?
    I would say she could probably create an atmospheric bubble to fly through space so that she can breathe. We saw her do such a thing in her solo title to "fly" through the oceans on the currents she controlled. In space, she could substitute the solar wind for the ocean currents.

I would say she could probably create an atmospheric bubble to fly through space so that she can breathe. We saw her do such a thing in her solo title to "fly" through the oceans on the currents she controlled. In space, she could substitute the solar wind for the ocean currents.
    that is so funny that is exactly what I thought of and was gone make reference to it. I thought the pryde of the xmen was way ahead of its time. how do we get a low budget cartoon doing something 616 hasnt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yup wakandan tech.
    Yeah, about Wakandan tech...
    My allowance for terrible science is huge, but Wakandan technology breaks it

BANNED

I would say she could probably create an atmospheric bubble to fly through space so that she can breathe.
    Not for very far, as her fresh air will run out pretty fast.

BANNED

She could renew her air supply by pulling oxygen atoms and molecules from planets as she passes by them. We have seen her demonstrate this level control over air on-panel.

BANNED

She could renew her air supply by pulling oxygen atoms and molecules from planets as she passes by them. We have seen her demonstrate this level control over air on-panel.
    Most planets don't have oxygen in real amounts. For our solar system it's just Mercury and Earth.
    Not that space travellers generally pass by planets, or suns, or basically anything.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Citations needed.

I'm going to vote no on Cosmic Ororo.

BANNED

Most planets don't have oxygen in real amounts. For our solar system it's just Mercury and Earth.
    Not that space travellers generally pass by planets, or suns, or basically anything.
    Given that Storm has demonstrated the ability to control matter at the subatomic level (she once created clothing out of thin air via electron manipulation), she could probably transmute the CO2 she breathes out into oxygen or simply break down the CO2 compound via subatomic particle manipulation.

BANNED

Given that Storm has demonstrated the ability to control matter at the subatomic level (she once created clothing out of thin air via electron manipulation), she could probably transmute the CO2 she breathes out into oxygen or simply break down the CO2 compound via subatomic particle manipulation.
    How often has she done this vestimentary alchemy?

And has she done this most powerful of all her abilities for other stuff too, like for instance turning guns into scrap metal or disintegrate stuff into nothing?

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

How so? https://www.spaceanswers.com/space-e...he-on-the-iss/

She can generate atmospheric pressure fields higher than the pressure that is found on Jupiter.

She can generate electrolysis fields to split water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen.

She can take a large supply of both water and and compressed oxygen into space. The water can be frozen and then carried with her throughout her travels to generate new air. And since space is already cold and has no gravity, it won't be difficult for her to carry it.

I think most are missing the biggest issue. It would take thousands of years for her to get anywhere. She may be able to survive space if she prepares well enough but she can't travel between planets without a spacecraft. She'd die of starvation way before she even reaches a planet.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think most are missing the biggest issue. It would take thousands of years for her to get anywhere. She may be able to survive space if she prepares well enough but she can't travel between planets without a spacecraft. She'd die of starvation way before she even reaches a planet.
    I don't think traveling to other planets was the point of the discussion though. Just her being able to survive in space.

And couldn't she use lightning to accelerate her speed as well? Lightning can travel up to 320,000,000 ft per second or about 220,000,000 miles per hour. She hasn't had any trouble producing lightning in space or solar winds, which also travel at very high speeds(2 million mph).

I don't know about food though... I think that would be a problem unless we count the time she was able to gain material sustenance from the energy of the stars and planets she could perceive in the galactic core.
    Last edited by The Weather God; 07-14-2018 at 07:45 AM.