Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

This writing for Laura is horrible. Please set her free

Quote Originally Posted by Macallan View Post
    You can’t blame X-23 for staring at Cable’s ass, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, and you can’t expect a Wolverine clone not to stare at a Summers wearing tight spandex
    There isn't romance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There isn't romance.
    Did you really think that silly things like the author outright denying it would stop Rule 34?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Laura has been looking up to Kwannon since her introduction to comics! Clearly y'all need to read up on your X-Men

I was about to say this, but I was going to say she looked up to Betsy who at the time was still in Kwannon's body. I do wonder if Betsy is sort of erased from much of X-history due to soon fans will associate the Asian body and the codename Psylocke both with Kwannon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Macallan View Post
    You can’t blame X-23 for staring at Cable’s ass, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, and you can’t expect a Wolverine clone not to stare at a Summers wearing tight spandex
    If it was poutches lifeld 90 cable but not string been dial up modem

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Did you really think that silly things like the author outright denying it would stop Rule 34?
    Awesome. I’m glad they denied it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Laura has been looking up to Kwannon since her introduction to comics! Clearly y'all need to read up on your X-Men

This was so cute. It is a shame writers didn't do much between Laura and Betsy.

The preview in this thread being blow up so big shows what is wrong with this art. You can literally see where the character has been cut and pasted into the scene and the scenes lack some composition because of that.

As for X23 thing some people are going to get over that Kwannon is being recton to have more experience than X-23 and it isn't really retcon when you are filling in lost time.But I guess it doesn't matter anymore because it looks like Fallen Angels is going to transition into something else with Hill not being able to continue on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Gambit?! Lord.
    Lol, it’s not like he was ‘mentoring’ her on how to fight, he was the big brother/cool uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Hopefully later in the series Kwannon will teach Bishop how to let out his inner future cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Hahahaha I died. I'm now imagining Kwannon going around the island and giving people obvious advice.

Dazzler, I really think you should be a singer. I can show you how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Kwannon: Emma white is truly your color
    This should be a running joke of the series...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Lol, it’s not like he was ‘mentoring’ her on how to fight, he was the big brother/cool uncle.

This should be a running joke of the series...
    Seriously. Gambit was mentoring the way she NEEDED to be mentored; someone to more or less listen to HER and help her figure out her life. He wasn’t going around trying to teach someone who knew how to fight how to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Y'all are so fickle lol everytime a FA preview drops you all complain then as soon as the issue drops everybody is singing its praises.
    Yeah we'll see. I've always said its been decent. I've never said it was great. But continue on with your commentary.

I've tried being supportive of Kwannon. But 3 issues in I know this book is not what I expected or for me.
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-05-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Holy **** Lmfao

I cannot even imagine how angry Laura stans are gonna be now... good trolling Hill

I will say Laura and Nathan's costumes are amazing here, just a shame Kwannon is stuck in that dumbshit "iconic" bikini. It just doesn't even look remotely practical or sane especially in the context of this kind of combat, when her teammates have like actual uniforms that cover and protect their bodies on. Just wtf? And if anything Laura and Nathan don't even NEED as much protection as Kwannon does, so it's even more insane.

Art is amazing like it was in the first two issues

I know it's corny, cliche, "grimdark" etc but I love this book damnit! I love it with all my heart and I'll cherish the remaining issues. Hopefully it will just be on a break and return.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Wow, I do not like what I am seeing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wonder where the damn "the art is bad" complaints are cuz when I got to page 3 I was wondering why the hell Psylocke was talking to Psylocke.

Holy ****.

Thank God Kwannon is in that new book. Hopefully Laura ends up in New Mutants or even Excalibur.
    "Cable was right!"

i like the art. i can tell that the penciler spent a lot of time practicing figure drawing. and there is dimension to the faces. that's what i look for. when they look like saturday morning cartoon figures, it takes me right out of the story.