Page 191 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I don't mind at all. Whatever you come up with, just run it by me and I'll add it to the write-up.

Also, fancy font is fancy.
    Yeah, sure thing.

I'd have done it with the tail and... Vacadoan thing, but they were both spur-of-the-moment, as I am wont to do.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    How far can she move in the Frozen Time?
    What is time to the timeless?

Ochazuke: *sips hot matcha*

It is *so* fun.
    Ishtar: The coffee? Or the pain?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    What is time to the timeless?

Ishtar: The coffee? Or the pain?
    Ochazuke: The knowing. *blows steam from surface* A timeless one, struck with need, wakes from one hell, smites her toe, and stumbles into but another.

Ochazuke: The knowing. *blows steam from surface* A timeless one, struck with need, wakes from one hell, smites her toe, and stumbles into but another.
    Ishtar: Not a need, but a want *sips on cold coffee* much like my desire to become accustomed to this coffee; the taste is bitter, like true love ended by death's embrace. Though I must admit, my current consternation is in part owed to the stubbed toe of which you speak.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Okay fine.

I think the post got lost at the bottom of the last page.

Your move, Ishtar.

Okay fine.

I think the post got lost at the bottom of the last page.

Your move, Ishtar.
    I get 40 posts for page, so it was the first thing I saw.

Ball's in your court, Professor Bloodsport.

Arx Inosaan

Got nothing better to do for the moment. Lore-posting.

___

Name: Chahan, Grandmaster of the Crane Style

Race/Species: Human

Height/Weight: 5'5” (164 cm)/ 125lbs (56 kg)

History

A master whose name has been lost to time once groomed five pupils for succession. Upon the master's death, the five fingers of the elder master's fist split apart, and so Five Schools were established, whom turned against each other.

Tiger, Turtle, Snake, Dragon, and Crane. Five Animals quarrelling to imitate the shadow of a man. Their dance paints his image in spilled blood.

-----

Under the Grand Master Chahan's stewardship, the Crane School enjoys a heightened reputation. Notorious for the heightened physical skill and spiritual prowess granted to novices of the art in the public eye, the acolytes of the core sect have a much more sinister reputation in the underworld. Though his silver-tongued charisma inspires fatherly devotion among his pupils, to the codified rituals of blood-honour the sancitity of the Master-Student relationship is but an afterthought. Being long-lived, his experienced eye for talent has been tempered in an all-consuming need for victory. His fixation on his legacy has given him a ruthless approach to life.

Students are trained to a point where they are separated in order of their utility. An strong, adept pupil is groomed to become a soldier-fanatic of the ancient feud, a master of assassination; a novice adept will find his place as a volatile user of the internal energy work of Kikojutsu, their self-sacrifice trading their lives for their enemies'. Only a few have been deemed worthy to receive his direct tutelage, worthy of preservation.

Ochazuke was one of these direct disciples, but his questioning of the blood feud – and Chahan's refusal to entertain these notions – caused a rift between the two. Once news reached him of his pupil's fraternization with another sect, he with a section of novices erased it to the last member, and he himself put a Dodonpa through Ochazuke's back.

-----

A crane stands astride the marsh, king to all he surveys. When his wings spread he shall ascend to conquer heaven. Woe to whom his bill falls upon, they are no more than fodder.

Other:

- Chahan means 'fried rice' in Japanese. No matter what ingredients you put into it, it remains fried rice at its foundation.

- The image is of coach Dankichi Hama from Hajime no Ippo, who ironically cares very much about his pupils.

- In his training days he was the rival of Yakimesh Toh Mago, Zaofan's former teacher, and eventually surpassed him for the Grandmaster successorship. After Toh Magoh's rebellion against the school, Chahan considers him a 'loose end' that must be taken care of.

- Theme: El Michels Affair - Duel of the Iron Mics
    Last edited by grampagen; 02-22-2018 at 08:35 PM.

You definitely put Ish on the spot there, Gen.

Well played.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

I feel like Held getting nostalgic and realizing that /technically/ the earths government should be grateful for his services will result in Held running up in her base and stealing all her swag.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I feel like Held getting nostalgic and realizing that /technically/ the earths government should be grateful for his services will result in Held running up in her base and stealing all her swag.
    And somehow he'll get her phone number, and will call her at all hours of the night tryna smash.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    And somehow he'll get her phone number, and will call her at all hours of the night tryna smash.
    ..Are we talking about Willa, or Ishtar?

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    ..Are we talking about Willa, or Ishtar?

Yes.

Arx Inosaan

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

For someone trying not to be a grandiose and pompous kai, Kami's certainly acting like one.

Kai: Nope.exe
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    For someone trying not to be a grandiose and pompous kai, Kami's certainly acting like one.

Kai: Nope.exe
    Not as cute as Sarada when she's upset tho.

Arx Inosaan

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

That's... actually a surprisingly good reason for Kai to shelve the idea of trying to deactivate/destroy the dragon balls.

What works one way is potentially likely to work in the other, and he's not willing to kill anyone just to get rid of the damned things.

Well done.
    This signature intentionally left blank.