Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Jessica Drew: Spider-Woman Appreciation 2018

I do feel that while neither Spider-Man or Spider-Woman are of the same cloth, Jessica does have her own unique personality. What are your thoughts about the idea of Jessica Drew becoming a part of Spider-Man's world in the same manner as Julia Carpenter?

Astonishing Member

I am surprised that no one has commented on Jessica Drew, who is set to appear in Spider-Man's world on a reoccurring guest spot basis.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Could've sworn there was already an appreciation thread. But anyhow I love how KSD wrote her in Avengers Assemble and when she appeared in Captain Marvel. I also like how she's been written so far in Secret Avengers (which just seems to be a wacky title lol). And I did enjoy Bendis's solo run with her.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

She really could use more costumes... I mean, many want her in Marvel Heroes but her costume gallery isn't really.. Robust so it means less possible profits so as harder sell than say someone with many costumes.

keep the red outfit! Classic! Giver her a page cut for a while, though.

re: Marvel Heroes-- well, technically if they gave her the black/white outfit, that would be Julia Carpenter. Then there's the "Spider-Girl" outfit, lol.

I still want to see a romance with Spider-Man. I don't care. It's way past time.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Julia Carpenter has a different power set compared to Jessica Drew. Hell, Ultimate Jessica Drew has more in common with Peter than Jessica.

Huge Jessica Drew Spider-Woman fan.

I think Jess and Peter make a great team up since they seem to have a comparable power level with a few differences in powerset and approach.

Even though I would like for Jess to adopt a black version of her suit when on stealth type missions (maybe with a short wig) I love her outfit completely and would be disappointed if it was changed.

I do think Marvel needs to remember Jess actually has blonde/light brunette hair rather than natural black and I think the flowing black hair is better as a wig attachment to her suit but otherwise just want to see more of her!

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Could've sworn there was already an appreciation thread.
    There is.

http://community.comicbookresources....-Fear-Her-quot

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Julia Carpenter has a different power set compared to Jessica Drew. Hell, Ultimate Jessica Drew has more in common with Peter than Jessica.
    Ultimate Jessica Drew is Peter Parker's female clone. So of course she has more in common with Peter. But the Earth-616 Jessica Drew(while not related to Spider-Man's power set), she does have interest with Peter Parker on a personal level outside of the crime fighting genre. Jessica acts quite differently whenever she's around Peter because together, they are essentially an old married couple.

It never made much sense that Peter and Jessica never worked exclusively together back in the 70's/80's when their solos were hot. I really want Spiderman and Spiderwoman to work together again like he did with Cat. I think she would make an interesting partner in crime with both of them using the "Spider" name as their title. Nothing romantic, but more of a mutual friendship.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Thought so lol.

Do you guys think that Jessica will have a big role in the "Every Single One" story? I hope that when she was said to play a "big role" in ASM coming up that it doesn't just mean Spider-verse.

A Spider-Woman thread created by Darthfury....this should be interesting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    It never made much sense that Peter and Jessica never worked exclusively together back in the 70's/80's when their solos were hot. I really want Spiderman and Spiderwoman to work together again like he did with Cat. I think she would make an interesting partner in crime with both of them using the "Spider" name as their title. Nothing romantic, but more of a mutual friendship.

Sometimes, the romantic aspect is usually what drives a super heroine to work with Spider-Man/Peter Parker. While it doesn't have to be romantic, it has been shown that Jessica Drew and Peter Parker are mutually attracted to one another based on their dialog. It sort of like Hawkgirl and John Stewart during the first 2 seasons of Justice League:TAS where the tension between them was noticeable by the viewers that formed layer upon layer until they couldn't hold back anymore. LOL

I don't know much about the character but want to learn more. Does anyone have any recommendations?