Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Batman and Batfamily Solicitations for July 2018

CATWOMAN #1
    written by JOELLE JONES
    art and cover by JOELLE JONES
    variant cover by STANLEY "ARTGERM" LAU
    blank variant cover available
    The wedding night's barely over, but Catwoman's back on the streets, this time to expose a copycat who's pulling heists around Gotham City. As Selina cracks the whip on her former criminal cohorts, she's attracting unwanted attention from one of Gotham's most dangerous groups. The mob? Nope. Try the GCPD. And as if the Bat-Bride didn't have enough problems, don't miss the debut of an all-new villain determined to make trouble for all nine of Selina's lives. Don't miss the start of an all-new monthly series written and illustrated by Eisner Award-nominee Joëlle Jones!
    ON SALE 07.04.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

BATMAN #50
    written by TOM KING
    art by MIKEL JANIN, DAVID FINCH, JOELLE JONES, MITCH GERADS, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE, NEAL ADAMS, ANDY KUBERT, BECKY CLOONAN, TY TEMPLETON, JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ, FRANK MILLER, LEE BERMEJO and more
    cover by MIKEL JANIN
    variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    It's the wedding you never thought you'd see! The Batrimony is real as Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle are set to tie the knot in a can't-miss, extra-length milestone issue that will reshape Gotham City. All their friends (and a few enemies?) will be party to a comic book coupling for the ages.
    Superstar scribe Tom King officiates the sure-to-be-offbeat nuptials, joined by an all-star lineup of guest classic Bat-artists doffing their hats to the lucky couple in a series of pre-wedding flashback scenes sure to set the romantic mood.
    ON SALE 07.04.18
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

BATMAN #51
    written by TOM KING
    art and cover by LEE WEEKS
    variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    The honeymoon's over for Bruce Wayne as Gotham City's most prominent citizen gets selected for jury duty in a chilling court case involving Mr. Freeze! Freeze claims the charges should be dismissed because Batman used excessive force; cue the outrage and media circus. While doing his civic duty, Wayne's forced to take a hard look at the Dark Knight's methods. And hey…what is Dick Grayson doing running around the city dressed as Batman?
    ON SALE 07.18.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    Each FC | RATED T

BATGIRL #25
    written by MARGUERITE BENNETT, MAIRGHREAD SCOTT and PAUL DINI
    art by DAN PANOSIAN, PAUL PELLETIER and EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
    cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
    variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    On her return to Gotham City, family matters force Barbara to confront her complicated relationship with Dick Grayson. But does Dick have time for a heart-to-heart while subbing as Batman when Bruce Wayne is out of action?
    This extra-sized anniversary issue also offers a look at the next arc of the series by Mairghread Scott and Paul Pelletier as the monstrous villain Grotesque murders wealthy art owners and defiles their bodies to create his own "art."
    And since this is the issue that keeps on giving, also look for a special backup story by Harley Quinn co-creator Paul Dini and artist Emanuela Lupacchino.
    ON SALE 07.25.18
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

BATMAN BEYOND #22
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by WILL CONRAD
    cover by VIKTOR KALVACHEV
    variant cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    Batman's got a bullseye on his back in part four of "Target: Batman." Thanks to the machinations of the Scarecrow, the entire city of Neo-Gotham is looking to take aim at Batman-including his own partner, Robin! Will hero turn against hero when fear is in the air? Elsewhere, former Royal Flush Gang member Melanie Walker looks to upgrade her image and take on a new heroic mantle, so she seeks advice from newsman Jack Ryder-unaware that he's a total costumed Creeper!
    ON SALE 07.25.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

BATMAN: SINS OF THE FATHER #6
    written by CHRISTOS GAGE
    art and cover by RAFFAELE IENCO
    Final issue! The climactic, deadly confrontation between Batman and Deadshot, with Alfred's life in the balance! But to save the man who is like a father to him, will Batman have to violate one of his most deeply held convictions?
    ON SALE 07.18.18
    $2.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | 6 of 6 | RATED T+
    DIGITAL FIRST

BATWOMAN #17
    written by MARGUERITE BENNETT
    art by FERNANDO BLANCO
    cover by DAN PANOSIAN
    variant cover by MICHAEL CHO
    Kate Kane's latest assignment is leaving her cold-it's a cold case that forces her to team up with GCPD Detective Renee Montoya, and which, as usual, has Gotham City running out of time. Is this the start of a beautiful crime-fighting partnership? No spoilers, but expect sparks and punches to fly!
    ON SALE 07.18.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN #6
    written by LIAM SHARP
    art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    It's an epic battle for Tir Na Nóg in this finale, as King Elatha has opened its Causeways and both Fomorian and Dé Denann creatures are spilling into our own realm! Batman must go back to Gotham City to try to close the Causeways from the inside, while Wonder Woman will fight alongside King Elatha against his once-banished brother, Balor Evil Eye! Who will take the crown and rule Tir Na Nóg for eternity?
    ON SALE 07.18.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | 6 of 6 | RATED T+

DEATHSTROKE #33
    written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    art by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
    cover by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    Forced to team with Deathstroke, a man he loathes, Damian Wayne must discover the truth of his lineage. Is he really Bruce Wayne's son, or is Slade Wilson his true father? As Batman draws closer to finding them both, Deathstroke must complete a hit, while Robin shadows the killer for hire.
    ON SALE 07.04.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

DETECTIVE COMICS #984
    written by BRYAN HILL
    art by PHILIPPE BRIONES
    cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    variant cover by MARK BROOKS
    Batman called Black Lightning to Gotham City for help with a specific case-but what is Batman hiding from Jefferson Pierce? It looks like he's in touch with somebody from their mutual past, and he doesn't want Black Lightning to know about it -and that operative might be in over their head!
    ON SALE 07.11.18
    $2.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

DETECTIVE COMICS #985
    written by BRYAN HILL
    art by PHILIPPE BRIONES
    cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    variant cover by MARK BROOKS
    Then, Black Lightning, the Signal and Cassandra Cain are showing how well they work together…but now they're up against a foe who can tap into their worst emotions and play them like music! When you've seen the kinds of horrors these poor souls have, there's plenty of trauma to work with…and with that, you can turn these heroes into deadly weapons! Meanwhile, Batman's "side project" has been revealed-what are the Brainiac Files, and what exactly does Batman plan to do with them?
    ON SALE 07.25.18
    $2.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

HARLEY QUINN #45
    written by SAM HUMPHRIES
    art by JOHN TIMMS
    cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    variant cover by FRANK CHO
    While on a tropical vacation, Harley Quinn is kidnapped by two Female Furies from Apokolips-and they're making her an offer she can't refuse: join the Furies, get super powers and do anything she wants! It's a sweet deal, and all Harley has to do in return is hunt down rogue Fury Petite Tina. The bad news: Petite Tina is anything but petite! Hope that hammer got an upgrade, Harley.
    ON SALE 07.04.18
    $2.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

HARLEY QUINN #46
    written by SAM HUMPHRIES
    art by JOHN TIMMS
    cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    variant cover by FRANK CHO
    Then, it's Fury vs. Fury in a furious showdown! Harley's tasked with bringing in Petite Tina-except, turns out, the reason she failed as a Fury is that she's not furious enough! She's kind, good-hearted and oppressed-and now Harley's the one oppressing her. Harley's caught between a rock and a hard place: give up her amazing superpowers and free Tina and the other oppressed Lowlies, or keep bashing stuff with a super-hammer and having fun. What's a girl to do?
    ON SALE 07.25.18
    $2.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

MOTHER PANIC: GOTHAM A.D. #5
    written by JODY HOUSER
    art by IBRAHIM MOUSTAFA
    cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS
    The Cult of the Bat has taken things too far. Mother Panic is enlisted by the Gotham City Sirens to help end the mad reign of Jason Todd, last of the Robins. But as the heroes past and present clash, are they all just playing into the hands of the evil Collective?
    ON SALE 07.25.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | MATURE READERS

NIGHTWING #46
    written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    art by CHRISTOPHER MOONEYHAM
    cover by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
    A new high-tech corporation setting up shop in Blüdhaven claims to be the cure for what ails the crumbling city. But Nightwing learns it's a very hostile takeover when he runs afoul of their metahuman operative, a digital phantom impervious to physical attack. Luckily, Nightwing has his very own I.T. backup: Batgirl! But can the two work together after their meeting in BATGIRL #25, also in stores this month?
    ON SALE 07.04.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #24
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art by DEXTER SOY and ALISSON BORGES
    cover by TREVOR HAIRSINE
    variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    Bizarro is getting…worse. Worser? Worsest. The backward Superman's diminishing cognitive state is causing problems for the rest of the Outlaws. Complicating things is the Red Hood's vendetta against the Penguin-can the Outlaws stop Jason Todd from crossing a line he can't return from?
    ON SALE 07.11.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

Trade Solicitations

BATMAN: ARKHAM: PENGUIN TP
    written by BILL FINGER, ALAN GRANT, DOUG MOENCH, JOHN OSTRANDER, PAUL DINI and JASON AARON
    art by BOB KANE, NORM BREYFOGLE, DON NEWTON, KELLEY JONES, JOE STATON, JASON PEARSON and others
    cover by JASON PEARSON
    The Penguin, one of the Dark Knight's oldest enemies, has emerged as an underworld crime boss as well as a truly unique figure among Batman's rogues gallery. BATMAN ARKHAM: PENGUIN collects some of his greatest stories, including his first appearance! Collects DETECTIVE COMICS #58, 610-611 and 824; BATMAN #155, 374 and 548-549, BATMAN: PENGUIN TRIUMPHANT #1 and JOKER'S ASYLUM: PENGUIN #1.
    ON SALE 08.29.18
    $19.99 US | 240 PAGES

BATMAN AND THE SIGNAL TP
    written by SCOTT SNYDER and TONY PATRICK
    art by CULLY HAMNER, DECLAN SHALVEY, FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE and others
    cover by CULLY HAMNER
    The Signal, Gotham City's daytime protector, is back! Batman may own the night, but with new villains emerging during the day he needs an ally to defend the city when he can't. Only one teen is up to the challenge: Duke Thomas. After months of training, he's ready to step out of the shadow of the Bat to become his own kind of hero. Meet Gotham City's newest protector: the Signal! Collects BATMAN AND THE SIGNAL #1-3 plus stories from ALL-STAR BATMAN #1-4 and 6-9 and NEW TALENT SHOWCASE 2017 #1.
    ON SALE 08.22.18
    $16.99 US | 144 PAGES

BATMAN BEYOND VOL. 3: THE LONG PAYBACK TP
    written by DAN JURGENS and BERNARD CHANG
    art by BERNARD CHANG, PHIL HESTER and ANDE PARKS
    cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    Terry McGinnis and Bruce Wayne return to Neo-Gotham as Terry dons a brand-new Batsuit. But before he can even get his bearings, the Royal Flush gang is after him. Topping things off, someone behind the scenes is coordinating an attack by Batman's greatest villains against him, forcing Terry to overcome multiple threats if he has any hope of discovering who's pulling the strings and manipulating Neo-Gotham's underworld against him. Collects issues #13-19.
    ON SALE 08.08.18
    $16.99 US | 168 PAGES

BATMAN BY DOUG MOENCH AND KELLEY JONES VOL. 2 TP
    written by DOUG MOENCH
    art by KELLEY JONES, JOHN BEATTY, J.H. WILLIAMS II and others
    cover by KELLEY JONES
    In these moody tales from the 1990s, Batman emerges from the shadows to battle corruption in Gotham City and face foes including Man-Bat, The Joker, the Penguin and more. These tales by the classic Batman creative team of writer Doug Moench and artist Kelley Jones include guest appearances by the Demon, the Spectre and Ragman. Collects BATMAN #536-552.
    ON SALE 08.01.18
    $49.99 US | 416 PAGES

BATMAN: THE CAPED CRUSADER VOL. 1 TP
    written by JIM STARLIN and MIKE BARON
    art by JIM APARO, DICK GIORDANO, MARK BRIGHT, DAVE COCKRUM, ROSS ANDRU and others
    cover by TODD McFARLANE
    In this new collection from the 1980s and companion volume to BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT DETECTIVE VOL. 1, Batman and Gotham City are beset by "Ten Nights of the Beast" and the deadly post-Soviet villain known as the KGBeast. Then, Batman and Robin must project the city's citizens from themselves and organized crime. Collects BATMAN #417-425, 430-431 and BATMAN ANNUAL #12.
    ON SALE 08.15.18
    $29.99 US | 320 PAGES

BATMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 6 HC
    written by BILL FINGER, EDMOND HAMILTON and others
    art by BOB KANE, JIM MOONEY, DICK SPRANG and others
    cover by EVAN "DOC" SHANER
    In these tales from the late 1940s, the Dynamic Duo encounters villains including Two-Face, The Joker, the Penguin and more! These stories from DETECTIVE COMICS #132-153, BATMAN #46-55 and WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #33-42 include the debut of the Riddler, a retelling of Batman's origin and an unusual tale in which Batman and Robin reenact the story of Frankenstein.
    ON SALE 11.14.18
    $125.00 US | 792 PAGES

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES II HC
    written by JAMES TYNION IV
    art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    While the Shredder is locked away at Riker's Island, the Foot Civil War rages through New York City. Each branch of the Foot is determined to kill the Turtles first, to prove their rightful claim to power. Meanwhile, Batman and Robin are back in the DC Universe, dealing with the repercussions of a massive Arkham Asylum breakout that freed Bane! When Bane is unexpectedly transported to the Turtles' New York City, he swiftly takes control of the town, and Batman and the Turtles must join forces to defeat their common enemy! Collects #1-6.
    ON SALE 08.08.18
    $24.99 US | 160 PAGES

HARLEY & IVY MEET BETTY & VERONICA HC
    written by PAUL DINI and MARC ANDREYKO
    art by LAURA BRAGA and ADRIANA MELO
    cover by AMANDA CONNER
    Free college tuition for all Riverdale residents?! That's the plan-after the town drains the wetlands that lie between it and Gotham City and then builds a new campus. The only snag? A certain botany-obsessed super-villain. When Poison Ivy enlists her bestie, Harley Quinn, to kidnap both Veronica Lodge, daughter of Riverdale's most important citizen, and her friend Betty Cooper, she's counting on some assistance-and the mayhem that ensues will probably work as well! This title collects the six-issue miniseries co-published with Archie Comics!
    ON SALE 08.29.18
    $24.99 US | 160 PAGES

HARLEY QUINN VOL. 6: ANGRY BIRD TP
    written by FRANK TIERI
    art by INAKI MIRANDA and MIRKA ANDOLFO
    cover by AMANDA CONNER
    Ever since the Penguin started horning in on New York City, he and Harley Quinn have been stuck in a cold war...and it's about to heat up! Making a long-term investment in a Gotham City that's crawling with Bats isn't the Penguin's style, so now he's hell-bent on making Coney Island his new nest! Collects HARLEY QUINN #35-42.
    ON SALE 08.15.18
    $19.99 US | 192 PAGES

TALES OF THE BATMAN: GERRY CONWAY VOL. 2 HC
    written by GERRY CONWAY
    art by JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ, IRV NOVICK, GENE COLAN, DON NEWTON, KLAUS JANSON and others
    cover by RICH BUCKLER and DICK GIORDANO
    In these tales from BATMAN #337-346 and #348, WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #270 and DETECTIVE COMICS #505-513, Batman tries to uncover the true identity of the villainous Snowman terrorizing Gotham City. The city doesn't rest as Wayne Manor is rumored to be haunted, and when the GCPD investigates against Bruce Wayne's wishes, they find none other than Man-Bat!
    ON SALE 08.22.18
    $49.99 US | 472 PAGES

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Definitely interested to check out Catwoman. More casually, but interested. And the Jones vs. Artgerm cover internal debate will be strong!

Batman's art team is my biggest draw for Batman 51 - I really love Lee Weeks' art, so to see him on Batman again is very exciting. Though I wish they would announce the "expected" art teams, or at least the general contracts. Maybe that nails them down too much, but I'd like to know that, say, Tony Daniel is the lead artist in rotation, and Weeks follows him, with occasional fill ins. Or maybe Janin is lead. But whatever it is, I'd like to know. Petty complaints, I'm sure.

I've never read any of Scott's work, so I'm curious about what her take on Batgirl is. And I'm also curious to see what DC is going to do with Batgirl since we're launching year three, and Larson has failed to really maintain a strong presence for Babs. Pelletier is an interesting choice - very nice guy, but I don't know if I have picked him. His faces all tend to be a bit too squashed for my liking. But he's quite polished and consistent. The Bennett main story is absolutely not interesting to me, especially as she's doing MORE useless Dick/Babs teasing. I ship those two hard, but if they're not going to DO anything with them, I don't want them playing with the ship. (On a side note, though, Dick filling in for Batman I presume for the honeymoon is slightly interesting.)

For Batman Sins of the Father, I really wish Gage wasn't trying to get us to be excited about Alfred dying, when we know from the next game that it's ridiculous. Introduce Leslie Thompkins or someone like that, and we'll have actual stakes.

Is Batwoman 17 a new arc, or just trying to avoid spoiling the Alice arc?

Super excited for Deathstroke, of course! As suspected, Damian is showing up, and I hope that means Rose will as well. Though I have to admit, the cover work by Rocha for 31, 32, and 33 isn't super impressive. I hope 32 and 33's variants are better than 31's.

Tec continues to be interesting, but without knowing who's really involved, I'm still on the fence about it. The fact that they couldn't even get one artist to do the whole arc is really disappointing. With a brand new creative team, I don't see why they couldn't have pulled an "Intelligence" arc and have one artist on all five.

Interestingly, I'm actually curious about Harley Quinn under Sam Humphries. Mostly because the concept is kinda fun, and also because while I was waiting in line for James Tynion at AwesomeCon, Humphries wandered over and was super nice in chatting to us in line about his new project. That left a warm feeling about his work, so I'm definitely curious, despite not really following Harley in general.

Percy on Nightwing continues to look interesting, and now we know that it's still in Bludhaven AND there's a Batgirl connection I'm kinda interested. Though the fact that it's clear that nothing really happens in Batgirl 25 is incredibly frustrating. Way to spoil, DC.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Deathstroke look's lit. Damian and Slade.
    The two have the most amazing banter be it in comics or the animated universe hope we get a team up.
    Jason in MP and RHATO
    Harley with The Furies. Damn she making waves and moving up. Curious to see how this turns out.
    It's a good month for Dick Grayson but Harley's gonna end up with most of £'s what so much material.
    The Brave and the Bold has been outstanding.
    Batman is pull though 51 sounds like even more filler but hey DicksBats
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-16-2018 at 02:55 PM.

so Batman 51 is $3.99 for 32 pages, going monthly?

Ooh, Mother Panic looks interesting. And i wonder with Batman and Catwoman being successful if they are thinking of having Dick and Babs date again.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-16-2018 at 03:16 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    so Batman 51 is $3.99 for 32 pages, going monthly?
    No, it's definitely staying twice a month. But if they start soaking us $4 a month, that's a jerk move.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Wait...I didn't notice this - is that a new Batgirl suit?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

No i think its just tighter.

OK so I like Dickbabs, but Hope Larsen pulled the will-they-wont-they/it's just "timing" sort of thing for them a few months ago and so has every other writer since the New 52, which I think is one of the worst ways to address dickbabs because they need to stop with that trope for them otherwise it will just burn the audience out. It's been there, done that a million times and all it results in is frustration. I mean either commit or don't. That being said if they go with romantic overtones but want to keep them single, just make them flirty friends, and none of that excessive New 52 dramatics.

But also, Babs is getting another new writer? Are they trying to find a new stable creative team for her? I mean I'm excited for a fresh take because Batgirl has been a bit stale but I am looking forward to a new direction.

'Tec had me at "cass".

So I think I'm gonna enjoy following the titles where Dick is dressed as Batman. Missed that a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

It's got some of the usual elements but I think it's a case of an artist not sticking strictly the the design. But I like it. Looks like a healthy mix of both of her suits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Deathstroke look's lit. Damian and Slade.
    The two have the most amazing banter be it in comics or the animated universe hope we get a team up.
    Yes, the concept the son of Batman was ruined forever.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

It does look different. It tapers to a point at the back, in stead of the straight hem of her standard jacket and the pants aren't two-toned. More than likely it's just the artist being a little sloppy