Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The poreview for next week's issue is out : https://www.newsarama.com/39500-pois...review.html#s6
    We finally get some of his origin story.

Also I’m glad they went with this look for Ivy. I really dislike her black and green New 52 look that has stuck around.

Is it me or Ethan was actually the 237th attempt at creating Damage ? If so, I wonder how many of the failed experiment actually survived and what they became... Also, this gritty still is quite fitting for Damage. Les majestic perhaps that the previous one, but great, too bad it'll last only one issue...

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Is it me or Ethan was actually the 237th attempt at creating Damage ? If so, I wonder how many of the failed experiment actually survived and what they became... Also, this gritty still is quite fitting for Damage. Les majestic perhaps that the previous one, but great, too bad it'll last only one issue...
    I noticed that too. I wonder what became of the other 236 people they experimented on. I suppose some of them must have died but some had to have survived so what happened to them? More importantly will they be coming back at some point?
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

July 2018 DAMAGE Solicitation

DAMAGE #7

written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by DIOGENES NEVES and TREVOR SCOTT
    cover by TONY S. DANIEL and DANNY MIKI

Ethan Avery is Damage, the monstrous brute with unlimited strength for an hour. That's the (semi) good news. The bad…? Ethan's on the run from the army that transformed him. Mr. Leash's metahuman tactical squad is hot on Avery's trail-what could go wrong when a bunch of bloodthirsty super-soldiers take on a rampaging monstrosity called Damage? PLUS: What is Colonel Jonas' gut-wrenching reason for running the top-secret superhuman chop shop? Secrets are revealed in part one of the new story "Scuttled."

ON SALE 07.18.18

$2.99 US | 32 PAGES

there is a huge difference between Tony Daniel and Cary Nord art. Will have to see how actual Damage looks drawn by Nord

BANNED

So... what's everyone's thoughts regarding DAMAGE #4?

Personally, I didn't like the art. It just didn't fit the bombastic style of the character and story at all. I do hope we'll get some artists who are more fit for the series.

not a fan of the art at all. Looked at sample art for the artists for issues 5 and 6/7. Looks better than this issues. Think they will be more fitting?

Well, it was mostly a set up issue, but I like what it did with the main characters (Ethan and the Colonel).

First three issues were AWESOME. Fourth had dull art and a dull story. i hope this series doesn't hit a slump this early in its publication. Should be a really fun, action packed series.

Issue 5 made it official : Damage is based on Hourman. Apparently, the Damage Project was a continuation of the Hourman Project.

So there is another concept returnig. This will be interesting.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Issue 5 much better than 4 in both art and story. Very intrigued by the "Unknown Soldier" reference. Maybe a previous failed Damage experiment out there somewhere? Side note: Talked to my LCS owner today about the NAOH titles. He said Damage is the #2 seller, next to the Terrifics.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Issue 5 much better than 4 in both art and story. Very intrigued by the "Unknown Soldier" reference. Maybe a previous failed Damage experiment out there somewhere? Side note: Talked to my LCS owner today about the NAOH titles. He said Damage is the #2 seller, next to the Terrifics.
    Interesting. I wonder if Damage will make it past issue 12? Right now the only two I was predicting that would are the Terrifics and Sideways.

Mighty Member

Default Damage : A Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    I hope not. To me tying in Unknown to failed experiments derails the central premise of UnSo. His bandages were the result of disfigurement due to battle and a spin of sorts to All Quiet on the Western Front and A Badge of Honor among other war classics. As much as I often disagree with DC Dinosaurs who need to keep us religiously locked into decades of useless Canon this would undercut an important character in the DCU and the original intent of his creators. The fact that his quasi mystical appearances during times of strife would be a cool tie in with Damage for sure. Glad to see people are still liking this and buying it.