Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Uh do you know that till this recent declination, in comics Drax was a retarded brute with childlike intelligence, right? Articulate and smart were never part of drax at least till annihilation. He was the dumbest marvel hero for all the 90's . This to highlight that all major comic book character had multiple declination and characterization. Your namesake Namor had thousand of different personality over his long and egregious(no joke still waiting for Namor movie) career.
    But they're using Annihilation Drax as the model for movie Drax. Space-Hulk Drax was stupid.

Not sure what Namor has to do with this conversation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    No he isn't, he's simply an alien who's species can't understand metaphors.
    This makes me wonder if people are aware the MCU is an alternate reality and isn't 616, of course things are going to be different.

Because it's a bad movie that's why.
    How you turn the frigging Joker into a plot irrelevant nuisance I'll never know.
    It wasn't worse than either Thor movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    It wasn't worse than either Thor movie.
    You may not really like them or find them all that interesting, but on a filmmaking level, the Thor movies were competently well made. Suicide Squad on a directing and editing level is a complete mess.

Mighty Member

No he isn't, he's simply an alien who's species can't understand metaphors.
    This makes me wonder if people are aware the MCU is an alternate reality and isn't 616, of course things are going to be different.
    Its not about things being different. It's about changing the fundamental nature of a character because, Hollywood. The point is Drax in the movies (and by extension how he now appears in the comics) is NOT the same Drax who's been around since the mid 70's. That's part of my problem with Hollywood. Its not changing stories or minor details, but the fundamental background of a character should be off limits.

They did the same thing to Peter Quill and then Scott Lang. Worse, those attributes have now been carried over to the books. I liked GOTG when it was Quill's paramilitary force for protecting the galaxy (as shown in Earth's Mightiest Heroes). Not the bunch of clowns thats in Avengers Assemble.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    You may not really like them or find them all that interesting, but on a filmmaking level, the Thor movies were competently well made. Suicide Squad on a directing and editing level is a complete mess.
    I can't sit through SS and I'm getting in on cable instead of being a captive audience in movie theater. I find the Thor movies pretty competently made...not great but very entertaining to me. I'm surprised they've done as well with Thor as they have because I thought he'd be too corny for movies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Uh do you know that till this recent declination, in comics Drax was a retarded brute with childlike intelligence, right? Articulate and smart were never part of drax at least till annihilation. He was the dumbest marvel hero for all the 90's .
    Drax was also quite intelligent until his daughter fried his brain in the early 80's. At least when he was resurrected as an idiot, they explained WHY his intelligence was so poor, because of what Moondragon had done to him previously. It was a significant plot point of Infinity Watch, because Drax didn't remember but the others did.

Mighty Member

Were they, though? What barometer are you using?

BANNED

Were they, though? What barometer are you using?
    You can hate the Thor movies but it's true.

To this day I still don't understand how Suicide Squad's score is so low.
    It's the worst comics movie since Catwoman-Elektra.

Mighty Member

You can hate the Thor movies but it's true.
    I know you think that, I'm just wondering how you came to that conclusion.

"It's true" is not a reason.

BANNED

Dboi2001 :
    I'm fine with changes but Marvel just changes them usually to appeal to the lowest common denominator. There is no reason comic Star Lord couldn't have worked and they had to make him a man child space marauder
    go and create Your movie if this is so easy
    How does Fox apparently make things worse?
    changing mantis or drax ? (but people like drax, i don't know about mantis)
    or
    changing Rogue and Cyclops?(and people didn't like X3 for example)

Punjabi_Hitman:
    Transformers franchise and Avatar have made more money than any Marvel movie yet they just as bad or worse than Thor 2. Yet these movies made far more money than Marvel?
    If you look at the gross of the first four Marvel movies vs the first four X-Men or DC movies,
    It would be better to look differently at box office

box office + ratings
    healthy franchise should look like GotG - GotG 2 earned more than GotG1

Avengers 2 earned less which is bad.

X-men are worse
    they were earning more and more up to X3(and people didn't like this movie)
    then FC earned very little
    DOFP earned a lot
    Apo again earned very little

that's not good. If X-men would have good movies then they would earn at least 750 millions (DOFP level). For some reason even people who like X-men movies don;t want to go to the cinema to watch their movies.

Personally i think that's because they have stories about 3 white old guys. and they also have very generic stories. nothing unique about them(apocalypse).

harry potter = good franchise because more and more people was watching these movies.
    transformers = they were good (first movies) and have problems now (last 2 movies).

Then what are we complaining about? That lower rated movies are out grossing higher rated movies?
    what about year of release?
    Do You know that more people watched first X-men trilogy than second? (US)
    X-men second trilogy earned more thanks to inflation.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 06-27-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Spectacular Member

Marvel Studios did wrong to Mantis. They gave her name to a pretty much unrelated character in GotG2.

BANNED

Ever since MS got a fragment of the cosmic cube things have changed.

BANNED

And yet people still enjoyed the film.

Anyways regarding the OP's question, it's not about thinking they can do no wrong, but more of people enjoying the movies and whatever flaws that do exist is not a big deal.

i know i participated but, honestly, is this a real conversation?

some people like things other people don't like. Stop the presses.