Page 87 of 301 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Oh god. I just read the interview. Why do people insist on bringing up the worst parts, like the helmet and X-Men First Class (lol at the gif at the end)?

Also, AvX was awful. Scott choking the Phoenix Force out of her ... they were both character assassinated in that series, and Bendis' X-Men was the icing on the cake!!

But maybe nothing counted since they were both under possession of the Phoenix Force. :shrugs:

Wonder why they think Emma can't be a true hero or a real X-Men. There are so many X-characters who are reformed baddies... Gambit, Wolverine, Rogue... but you don't hear people say they'll never truly be X-Men! Emma Frost has been a hero since the 90s too, and yet everyone remembers her as a villain. She's been part of the X-Men longer than she was a villain. I think because she has a bitchy attitude is why they conflate her with being a villain. LOL.
    The Definition of true hero is kinda vague and Emma, Bless her expensive clothes and attitude, has too much Anti-heroine in her.

As for an Xmen? Pfft I dunno. Lots of Anti-s in xbooks.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Oh god. I just read the interview. Why do people insist on bringing up the worst parts, like the helmet and X-Men First Class (lol at the gif at the end)?

Also, AvX was awful. Scott choking the Phoenix Force out of her ... they were both character assassinated in that series, and Bendis' X-Men was the icing on the cake!!

But maybe nothing counted since they were both under possession of the Phoenix Force. :shrugs:

Wonder why they think Emma can't be a true hero or a real X-Men. There are so many X-characters who are reformed baddies... Gambit, Wolverine, Rogue... but you don't hear people say they'll never truly be X-Men! Emma Frost has been a hero since the 90s too, and yet everyone remembers her as a villain. She's been part of the X-Men longer than she was a villain. I think because she has a bitchy attitude is why they conflate her with being a villain. LOL.
    Yeah, makes it harder to look towards the future if they can't find a good way to use her other then shunting her off on one of the "its an X-book because it has mutants, nothing to do with the X-men" titles.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

One big difference- because in the stories when these editors were kids, Emma was a villain, and MY NOSTALGIA! is the entire point for many. Also why Cyclops has to be the "bad guy" in AvX and Utopia, so he can be "reformed" and go back to the boyscout when writers and editors were growing up rather than a man that has been through too much to believe in Xavier's dream.

I think I've said that before, but we'll have to wait 10-15 years until the writers and editors that take over the books are people that grew up with Morrison/Whedon's X-men, then in their nostalgia trips Emma will have no risk of being a villain, because she was a hero there.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah, makes it harder to look towards the future if they can't find a good way to use her other then shunting her off on one of the "its an X-book because it has mutants, nothing to do with the X-men" titles.
    Since Hickman seems to be doing some radical changes and clearly likes her, I can see him putting on a main book, even if not a X-man per se. Remember that his New Avengers was titled that way for sales, but the characters were not Avengers in any way, shape or form. I can see him doing something similar once the minis are done.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can't believe I actually read through the entire interview and agree with his stance on preferring Emma to be her own hero separate and apart from the X-Men.
    I started reading X-Men with her as villainous White Queen of tHFC and while she had some shining moments as an X-Man her ideology and methodology on Mutant Survival/Integration has never been as truly altruistic as those of the other core X-Men which, makes her ideally better suited to doing her own thing, in her own way.
    She's obviously never going back to full-on "Magneto-esque" villainy but going forward she can still be a very sharp thorn in the X-Men's side because of conflicting ideologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She's obviously never going back to full-on "Magneto-esque" villainy but going forward she can still be a very sharp thorn in the X-Men's side because of conflicting ideologies.
    Except if she doesn't go back to the X-men- or at least a X-men title, but which is not a X-men team proper, like the New Avengers that I mentioned- is only a matter of time before she goes full-blown evil. That's exactly what happened post-SW with the whole Inhumans non-sense and she wasn't appearing regularly anywhere. That's a risk even with Magneto, who has been portrayed as walking the line even in the classic 80's stories and has appeared in all the movies, let alone someone that was evil back then.

Plus, X-men is not a monolithic thing anymore. Cyclops' X-men Utopia/Revolutionary era for example, is very different from classic X-men Aaron/Guggenheim pushed, and even X-men Red was different than those two. There's no reason she can't be a part of a X-men team that doesn't fit the traditional mold.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Except if she doesn't go back to the X-men- or at least a X-men title, but which is not a X-men team proper, like the New Avengers that I mentioned- is only a matter of time before she goes full-blown evil. That's exactly what happened post-SW with the whole Inhumans non-sense and she wasn't appearing regularly anywhere. That's a risk even with Magneto, who has been portrayed as walking the line even in the classic 80's stories and has appeared in all the movies, let alone someone that was evil back then.

Plus, X-men is not a monolithic thing anymore. Cyclops' X-men Utopia/Revolutionary era for example, is very different from classic X-men Aaron/Guggenheim pushed, and even X-men Red was different than those two. There's no reason she can't be a part of a X-men team that doesn't fit the traditional mold.
    1: That's pure speculation. We can't now that that's what will happen to her for certain. It's all up to the editor and/or writer who spear-heads the overall direction of the characters.
    2: XvI was utter and complete shyt from concept to execution and should never be used as a measure of good characterisation and storytelling.

I could definitely see her headlining (or at least main feature of) a book though, which sounds like what they do have planned for her going forward...if JDW wasn't just talking to fill up word count.

I expected nothing and was still disappointed.

"I never read Generation X, so I missed the boat on that series."

Shocker there. Real shocker.

It's speculation based on logic and what happened in decades and decades of Marvel. See what happened to Magneto as soon as Claremont left, for example. Every former villain that gets more nuance or becomes a hero falls off the wagon eventually unless they are appearing in a book regularly, except in a few cases when they don't have that much time as villain (see Rogue or Hawkeye).

And yes, IvX was crap, but that's exactly what you can expect if Emma is not appearing regularly in a X-men book. No one is using it as a measure of good storytelling, just that's what happens soon or later.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Nvm. Posted in XM thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That also explains why he sees no issue with Monet's skin bleaching. lol How convenient. I only skimmed the interview, but that is a disappointing answer.
    Honestly, I'm being nitpicky overall. I liked a lot of his answers. I still don't trust the direction the current Uncanny is taking her though.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    "I never read Generation X, so I missed the boat on that series."

Shocker there. Real shocker.
    Anyone that missed that series unfortunately missed out on a huge chunk of Emma's backstory which serves as the origin of her redemption arc which leads into her being an X-man. Its no wonder he only views her as a villian

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyone that missed that series unfortunately missed out on a huge chunk of Emma's backstory which serves as the origin of her redemption arc which leads into her being an X-man. Its no wonder he only views her as a villian
    Especially since Morrison reverted a lot of Gen X to her just being a bitch to people rather than the cold but ultimately caring teacher she was in Gen X.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Especially since Morrison reverted a lot of Gen X to her just being a bitch to people rather than the cold but ultimately caring teacher she was in Gen X.
    But Morrison's Emma was caring with the students, had good relations with Logan and Hank, and of course fell in love with Scott. She was really a bitch only to Jean and to some of the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But Morrison's Emma was caring with the students, had good relations with Logan and Hank, and of course fell in love with Scott. She was really a bitch only to Jean and to some of the bad guys.
    maybe but that was magnified with other writers around that era. I felt Claremont and Yost/Kyle portrayed her as one