Page 139 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2750

This was cute!

Via.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    This was cute!

Via.
    They've definitely done a better job selling the friendship then they did in season 1.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The girls continue to be so mis-informed about everything .

Joe Quesada recognizes Doc Ock out-of-costume? How is him just walking around not a bigger deal?

Well, Harry can never drudge up Peter's secrets in season 1 again without coming off like a massive hypocrite.

Does anyone else notice this show brings up Spidey being a sidekick a lot? Or talks about him in relation to the word a lot?

I'm not sure I like how they're handling the Goblins on this show.
    I know it feels like a CW show.

That being said, I really liked how Peter didn’t drop the subject when he confronted Harry. That’s what annoyed the crap out of me in Season One. He was so submissive to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I know it feels like a CW show.

That being said, I really liked how Peter didn’t drop the subject when he confronted Harry. That’s what annoyed the crap out of me in Season One. He was so submissive to everyone.
    I agree. That was a pretty good moment for Peter .

I guess it's interesting that Norman stays dead here, but.... why is Adrian Toomes a Goblin? This is pretty dumb.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I guess it's interesting that Norman stays dead here, but.... why is Adrian Toomes a Goblin? This is pretty dumb.
    It feels pretty off-brand for Toomes.

And what was the point of giving him that upgraded Vulture suit if he ends up never really doing anything with it?

I like Alastair Duncan though...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Something tells me this is one of those "let's change it to be different" moments we have in adaptations... It's funny when it comes to character identities in the more modern animated series... It's one thing to make nobodies like Montana into Shocker, but this feels more along the lines of making Harry into Venom...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Something tells me this is one of those "let's change it to be different" moments we have in adaptations... It's funny when it comes to character identities in the more modern animated series... It's one thing to make nobodies like Montana into Shocker, but this feels more along the lines of making Harry into Venom...
    It felt so random. Like "oh hey, remember when that one Spider-Man cartoon made Adrien Toomes The Goblin?" kind of random.

Like, Toomes said Osborn never could have pulled this off...but how could he? He was a mook practically his entire career on this show.

Not to mention there isn't that emotional poignancy to it being Norman when you use Toomes. Literally no one in the cast really cares about Toomes, and I'm not sure there's that many people who care about him out-of-universe in this show.

The only thing I can say for it is that it's somewhat full-circle since Vulture was the first villain Peter fought on this show. Plus they keep bringing up the ambiguity of Norman's "death" to where it really sounds like they're setting up something.

It feels pretty off-brand for Toomes.

And what was the point of giving him that upgraded Vulture suit if he ends up never really doing anything with it?

I like Alastair Duncan though...
    Yeah, Al is cool.

And that's a good question. Nothing with Toomes in this show makes much sense after the Sinister Six disbanded.

I like Harry Venom, felt like a really nice change in Ultimate cartoon. This thing with Toomes here is... why? All it does is leave me with this question.

It felt so random. Like "oh hey, remember when that one Spider-Man cartoon made Adrien Toomes The Goblin?" kind of random.

Like, Toomes said Osborn never could have pulled this off...but how could he? He was a mook practically his entire career on this show.
    It's funny how in one show Norman wanted to take over Toomes Aerodynamics cause he thought his ideas of flight harness are outlandish (says the one who successfully built two sized gliders).
    And then we have another cartoon that made Osborn successfully rip Toomes off, and then fires him.

This new show might be like "You know what? Let's switch things the other way around here, after making Toomes a trusted employee of Norman Osborn for a while"
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Harry as Venom made sense because many modern interpretations of Harry are incredibly similar to Big Bro Eddie so you don’t lose much by combining them. It might even be better because having them both in the same show with the same interpretation could be redundant.

Toomes as Goblin is weird because the whole point of his plan was to create a legacy, and apparently to do that, he needs to take the identity of someone else.

One thing I'm wondering after the last episode... where the hell is Miles Morales? Otto didn't even mention him even though he was watching the girls.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One thing I'm wondering after the last episode... where the hell is Miles Morales? Otto didn't even mention him even though he was watching the girls.
    I’m almost sure that they’re setting him up as some kind of traitor by this point. At least they foreshadowed that.
    Last edited by PCN24454; 11-23-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He was in the trailer for the arc in the scene when they all swing to meet Otto (where he exclaims "Ock!?" in surprise) so I'm guessing he shows up in the next episode.

He might help Peter save the girls from Electro.

Mighty Member

This show really plays fast and loose with alter egos and secret identities, even more than the Harry/Venom thing in USM. Adrian Toomes is both Vulture and the Goblin King. Alistair Smythe makes Spider-Slayers, but he's also been a Vulture and a Goblin. Harry and Norman both have been Hobgoblin instead of Roderick Kingsley. Aleksei became Rhino, but so did a lot of people. Same with John Jameson and Man-Wolf. Liz is randomly Screwball, but then that gets written off. I'm sure I'm missing more.

Well, Screwball's excusable, as her secret identity in the comics is unknown, so they couldn't be faithful there. Of course, we do know it's not Liz.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman