Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    My questions that still linger:
    -Why does miles not have a double on this world in the 616/ultimate world on battle world but peter does, Miles was on the ship with peter so my best bet is Since Peter has a 616 double on here shouldn't miles have a Ultimate double too he should have encountered?
    -What of the rest of the cast? Did they all die in a blazing glory? Will miles being the sole survivor be explained or will we just accept that he's always been part of this new universe
    -Since Miles was a survivor of the final incursion does he remember the old universe and battleworld? (hopefully this is explained in his new ongoing and not just ignored for the sake of not confusing new readers"
    -Also wonder if we will see and Old Man Logan and Miles interaction as sole survivors of lost words
    -Wondering if The Maker also remembers since it wasn't mentioned in new avengers
    -Big question: will we see any of previous cast of the Ultimate universe? as someone who's read every Ultimate issue in the entire line i'm curious, I know clearly we have the maker, miles ganke and his family but what of Jessica drew, Cloak and dagger, jimmy hudson, bombshell, characters that were drastically different takes or just new completely
    The only survivors of 1610 are Miles, Miles' father, The Maker, Ganke, Judge, Bombshell, and spoilers:
    Miles' mother
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...

spoilers:
    Miles' mom is alive in 616?
    end of spoilers
    This was the only good thing to happen, but it wasn't nearly enough to redeem this series.

BANNED

I don't know, it just shows that Bendis has made mistakes with Miles in both that he started Miles as a way too young Spidey and then had Venom murder his mom.

If he's going to retcon more, atleast bring back Prowler and Scorpion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I don't know, it just shows that Bendis has made mistakes with Miles in both that he started Miles as a way too young Spidey and then had Venom murder his mom.

Out of all of those things, I'd say getting rid of Uncle Aaron/Prowler was the worst mistake. Miles needs his own rogues gallery, and Aaron was one of the more unique characters. It'd be nice if Bendis used the new universe to rectify that mistake.

Aside from that, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if Ult Spider-Woman doesn't pop up somewhere down the line.

And is it too late to ask for the return of Geldoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate_Guru View Post
    By the way, what was the reason for the massive delays? I didn't see anything that could spoil the end of Secret Wars. Did you?
    Just like Uncanny 600, there doesn't seem to have been any. This literally didn't give away anything more than OML did with the heroes confronting Doom, everything flashing to white and then the hero waking up in 616. They've got no excuse for the delays this suffered. And honestly, this wasn't worth the wait. It's not like we got to see the final battle from their perspective, no, it was literally talking heads until everything faded to white. On top of that, we can't even judge the heads fading to white as a sign of their end fates considering that it started happening to 616 characters too as the pages went on. This was a horrendous sendoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    My questions that still linger:
    -Why does miles not have a double on this world in the 616/ultimate world on battle world but peter does, Miles was on the ship with peter so my best bet is Since Peter has a 616 double on here shouldn't miles have a Ultimate double too he should have encountered?
    -What of the rest of the cast? Did they all die in a blazing glory? Will miles being the sole survivor be explained or will we just accept that he's always been part of this new universe
    -Since Miles was a survivor of the final incursion does he remember the old universe and battleworld? (hopefully this is explained in his new ongoing and not just ignored for the sake of not confusing new readers"
    -Also wonder if we will see and Old Man Logan and Miles interaction as sole survivors of lost words
    -Wondering if The Maker also remembers since it wasn't mentioned in new avengers
    -Big question: will we see any of previous cast of the Ultimate universe? as someone who's read every Ultimate issue in the entire line i'm curious, I know clearly we have the maker, miles ganke and his family but what of Jessica drew, Cloak and dagger, jimmy hudson, bombshell, characters that were drastically different takes or just new completely
    Based on Miles' surprise reaction to seeing Rio alive, he seems to remember the UU.

BANNED

I found this a pretty good and emotional send-off.

I am very unhappy that Ultimate Spiderwoman apparently is gone, as are UU Aunt May, Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy. Not to mention UU Peter Parker, who just has disappeared completely from the narrative after he was returned. Good that Bombshell is apparently in the main MU. But really, mostly upset about UU Spiderwoman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if both are brought back in the new book, especially Uncle Aaron (Prowler) with a new code name.

Whether Miles actually remember everything from the past (1610 and Battleworld) is still up in the air to me, it seems that he dismissed his initials thoughts. I wouldn't be surprised if the new series Miles have fractured memories of a past life. I don't think this is going to be a simple retcon
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 12-16-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Now that this is over, what is the general consensus? Did Bendis tank this series on purpose as a big FU to the ending of the UU? Or did he legit try to wrap things up?

Incredible Member

Seeing Rio alive was probably the biggest thing that pissed me off the most. Ultimate JJJ going to be alive too? I'm never buying a Bendis comic ever again. Even if it's Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Now that this is over, what is the general consensus? Did Bendis tank this series on purpose as a big FU to the ending of the UU? Or did he legit try to wrap things up?
    I don't think he did either of those things.

To assume he did it to insult fans is just paranoia. Bendis may be a lot of things, but he's never come across as someone who is spiteful towards his fans. As far as wrapping it up, it doesn't really seem like that was his intention, either. He may have wanted to give it a bit of closure with the last few pages. But this was clearly a Miles story, not an attempt at a final Ultimates story.

And that's part of the problem. Most fans went into this wanting to get something different than they were doing. That's not to say that it's a good story, by any means (because it's not), but it was never really meant to be a proper end to the UU.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

To assume he did it to insult fans is just paranoia. Bendis may be a lot of things, but he's never come across as someone who is spiteful towards his fans. As far as wrapping it up, it doesn't really seem like that was his intention, either. He may have wanted to give it a bit of closure with the last few pages. But this was clearly a Miles story, not an attempt at a final Ultimates story.

And that's part of the problem. Most fans went into this wanting to get something different than they were doing. That's not to say that it's a good story, by any means (because it's not), but it was never really meant to be a proper end to the UU.
    I think the End to the Ultimate Universe need two books, a Battleworld book dealing with Miles transition to the 616 Universe and a Last Day book that wrapped up the entire Ultimate universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

ULtimate End does appear to be an epilogue to Ultimate Spiderman, by the ending of issue #5, but why the initial 4 issues without Miles Morales? There seemed to be this narrative of a 1610 Punisher wiping out super heroes, but there was an initial Thors encounter killing Hawkeye. What confuses me is why the Thors made an appearance in the combined Manhattan this issue, because the Thors were converted by Jane Thor, and went to Doomstadt to fight Doom. Why would the Doom loyalist faction of Thors bother coming to Ultimate End in the last engagement?

The whole UE sounded like, "Under every circumstance, make sure Thors are sent to combined Manhattan to kill whoever is the trouble maker, and make everybody obedient again for a while". Did Beta Ray Bill Thor show up in this issue again, because that would make this story before the Doom overthrow?
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-16-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Amazing Member

Thumbs up

So the UU is gone, only to serve in the future as a footnote explanation for Miles and the Triskelion in 616. Such a fitting and satisfactory end to a 10+ years old line of comics!

This was horrible - worse than Ultimatum. If you asked me who the worst comic book writer working today is, I answer say Bendis without hesitation. Actually, I might even nominate him for one of the worst ever.

I felt nothing in this mini even mattered except for those last few pages
    We need better comics

Fantastic Member

To me, it seems like Bendis wanted to give an epic last Ultimate U story, then got the memo he had to do it on Battleworld, and the Ultimate U is actually already gone, and this is his frustrated attempt to jam those two things together.