Page 30 of 149 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seriously. Hela just walks in and offs Volstagg and Fandral in two seconds. They don't even get to put up a fight like Hogun does .

Heimdall doesn't get much better in the follow up film.

I'm fine with Superman using quips and being jovial. Though I have come to believe that there is such a thing as "too much quips."

Ragnarok led to Fat Thor. I'm not looking for Fat Superman .

I guess one benefit of this series is it can show the gradual aging of Jon into young adulthood instead of needing a controversial time skip.
    There’s no denying the MCU frequently undermines itself with quips, I don’t dispute that. But given the choice between a comedy Superman movie and another attempt at a dour, dark, edgy, violent thinkpiece (with Superman cameoing) I know which one I’ll take. Something in the vein of Aquaman would be great.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ragnarok led to Fat Thor. I'm not looking for Fat Superman
    Nah that was the fallout of Infinity War

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s no denying the MCU frequently undermines itself with quips, I don’t dispute that. But given the choice between a comedy Superman movie and another attempt at a dour, dark, edgy, violent thinkpiece (with Superman cameoing) I know which one I’ll take. Something in the vein of Aquaman would be great.
    Yeah between the two, at this point I will take a MCU style film any day of the week.

But something like Aquaman or even Shazam (Which was aimed at a younger audience and deliberately sillier, but still had some well done serious moments and surprisingly relatively scary moments) would be better

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I just don't think it needs to go wholesale in the other direction. I'd like a balanced tone, if anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Nah that was the fallout of Infinity War
    Yeah, but they wouldn't have taken the character in that direction without the precedent of Ragnarok in my opinion.
    But something like Aquaman or even Shazam (Which was aimed at a younger audience and deliberately sillier, but still had some well done serious moments and surprisingly relatively scary moments) would be better
    I think something like Shazam would work.

So, filming for the pilot episode of SUPERMAN & LOIS begins in March 2020, presumably for airdate in the following fall.

Besides Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsy Tulloch, has anyone else been cast yet?

And any details yet about Jon's status? Are we getting baby Jon (1 year old), kid Jon (10 year old) or ... groan ... teen Jon?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, filming for the pilot episode of SUPERMAN & LOIS begins in March 2020, presumably for airdate in the following fall.

Besides Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsy Tulloch, has anyone else been cast yet?

And any details yet about Jon's status? Are we getting baby Jon (1 year old), kid Jon (10 year old) or ... groan ... teen Jon?
    They are purportedly casting for characters that could be Jon and Damian. Looking for 14 year old range - so really the age range of the character is probably 10-15.

Given Lex is being resurrected for Crisis, it's probably a safe bet Cryer could reprise his role.

I think it would make more sense for the Superman family story if Jon was around 10 or 12, before he is a teen for a couple of years at least, but this is the CW so they probably want lots of teen angst and romance... I doubt the story will center around Superman and his enemies as much. This feels and sounds like a show more centered in the life of Jon Kent.. with Superman and Lois as supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think it would make more sense for the Superman family story if Jon was around 10 or 12, before he is a teen for a couple of years at least, but this is the CW so they probably want lots of teen angst and romance... I doubt the story will center around Superman and his enemies as much. This feels and sounds like a show more centered in the life of Jon Kent.. with Superman and Lois as supporting.
    I’m not particularly worried about that. If you watch enough of those shows, the heroes having kids and sidekicks is pretty common. They don’t usually overshadow the main character. And besides maybe Legends, they all mostly have the same formula. Given how Arrow was nicknamed “Felicity and friends” and how hard Flash pushed the “we are the Flash” thing; I’d say Superman and Lois May have the most honest title of the bunch.

There was this picture from Crisis. So how would their child be aged up and yet Lois is apparently still a younger woman?

Screenshot_2019-11-23 Superman and Lois Lane's Baby Revealed in Crisis on Infinite Earth Photos .jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They are purportedly casting for characters that could be Jon and Damian. Looking for 14 year old range - so really the age range of the character is probably 10-15.

Given Lex is being resurrected for Crisis, it's probably a safe bet Cryer could reprise his role.

Found the text of the article:

Casting Call for Roles in “Superman and Lois” TV Series
    2 hr. ago

Rapaport Casting has issued an Open Casting Call for two roles required for the upcoming “Superman & Lois” TV series.

The announcement was issued over the weekend that Warner Bros./CW Network were seeking young teen actors to audition for series regular roles in the upcoming pilot.

The two roles are described as:

[MATTHEW] – Male, 13 to 16-years old to play 14-year old Caucasian, well on his way to becoming a physical specimen. Clean cut, modest and kind-hearted, with an aw-shucks attitude that somehow doesn’t seem dated. A three-sport athlete who’s already garnering attention from college and pro scouts.

[ETHAN] – Male, 13 to 16-years old to play 14-year old Caucasian, a young Leonardo DiCaprio who has an inherent darkness to him. Ethan’s wildly intelligent, but his mercurial temperament and social anxiety limits his interactions with people, and consequently, he spends most of his free time playing video games.

“Superman and Lois” will reportedly focus on the pressures Lois and Clark face in balancing their professional lives, superhero responsibilities, and the complexities of raising a child. That child will be introduced in the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover, a twist that also explains why the couple have been spending so much time off-world in recent seasons of “Supergirl”.

Produced by Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, “Superman & Lois” is being written and executive produced by Todd Helbing, former showrunner of “The Flash”. Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and Geoff Johns will also executive produce the series.

Definitely sounds like they are barely concealing the Supersons angle ... not sure how to vell about this if true ...

Double-posted.

Man, I was hoping for 7-9 years old for Jon and NO Damien at all as a regular.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 11-25-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Boys grow so fast plus you never know when they could shoot up a foot, they should do a baby

It's a shame it's teen Jon - if they need "teen angst" they have Jimmy for that. I mean, if Mechad isn't doing the shows anymore, they could always retcon him back to a teen via Crisis.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    It's a shame it's teen Jon - if they need "teen angst" they have Jimmy for that. I mean, if Mechad isn't doing the shows anymore, they could always retcon him back to a teen via Crisis.
    We knew they were going to pull that, though.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Don't know about the details, but I do like the actors in their roles, so I'm in.

Worrying that the CW will be all about "teen angst" seems kinda odd to me. Considering none of the CW DC shows have gone that route, except Black Lightning with Jen's first season story lines that were handled reasonably well.

The worst offender of all the DC shows in that department is far and away Titans. The plots and characters on that show seem to have contractually mandated brooding quotas per episode.