Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1836

I don't think anyone is really saying that.

It's just exposure wise shes not being elevated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Kwannon's book(Fallen Angels) is ending, and we don't know how big of a role she'll have on Hellions, but with Sinister supposedly being the leader, it's most likely not gonna be as prominent as Betsy's lead/leader role in Excalibur. Are we really gonna be saying Kwannon has it sooo much better than her just because she's on a cover of X/F4?...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ok ill be the dbag that says it:

Time to give Betsy the Monarch codename and give her a sexier uniform.

This isn't an elevated status. She's only in Excalibur.

She's not in the Quiet Council. Doesnt ever interact with them.

She's had no interaction with X-Men leadership: Storm, Jean, Emma, Cyclops, Magneto, or Xavier.

I feel like this mantle is going to be a crutch now. Yes you can disagree with me.

But these are my thoughts now.

The only intersting thing happening is now she'll have some history with Apocalypse.
    Honestly, I don’t see how the Monarch would help her. Not having the Psylocke codename and visual motifs that she’s had for decades in both of her stupid bodies is what potentially hurts her. I do agree that she needs a sexier costume. Sex sells, it just does. Besides, she has a sexy and flirtatious personality, why not embrace that in her wardrobe?

Yeah, I don't see how Kwannon being on two covers means Betsy's status is decreasing lol.

Excalibur specifically still gets a ton of Marvel promo, she's had numerous articles about her and the change, was on the NYCC press image and she's still headlining a series. Her status is continually being elevated even if it's not happening all at once.
    There's also been a ton of artists (Silva, McKone, Davis, etc) and fanart showing love and regularly drawing the CB design. Like, it's okay if she's not everywhere all the time lol.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 12-19-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    CB Betsy had a pretty prominent spot on the big splash page at the end of History of the Marvel Universe
    Omg I hadn't seen that!! She looks great! The good sis is embedded in history. Iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Honestly, I don’t see how the Monarch would help her. Not having the Psylocke codename and visual motifs that she’s had for decades in both of her stupid bodies is what potentially hurts her. I do agree that she needs a sexier costume. Sex sells, it just does. Besides, she has a sexy and flirtatious personality, why not embrace that in her wardrobe?
    Not really. I'm pretty much loving the cap britain costume. There is a lot of people that loves women in armor

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Omg I hadn't seen that!! She looks great! The good sis is embedded in history. Iconic.
    That's pretty awesome.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

She's not getting the Psylocke name back. And Captain Britain will always really be Brian's.

Any ideas on who the red dude is? That's the Marauders symbol on his chest isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    She's not getting the Psylocke name back. And Captain Britain will always really be Brian's.
    This is why I’m concerned that Betsy will finish Excalibur stuck on Otherworld.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This is why I’m concerned that Betsy will finish Excalibur stuck on Otherworld.
    I have the opposite feeling. I feel Brian is the one who will retire or bite the dust. Betsy is way more popular and interesting than him.
    she has more fans, conections and potential, while Brian for years has been mostly just Betsy's brother.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I have the opposite feeling. I feel Brian is the one who will retire or bite the dust. Betsy is way more popular and interesting than him.
    she has more fans, conections and potential, while Brian for years has been mostly just Betsy's brother.
    I dont know the marketable cache of the Cap Brit role and image but I’m placing bets that Marvel is more likely to fall on tradition rather than the huge push Carol got for Cap Marvel.

i like that she's CB now but I do wish it's temporary. I feels that she feels bland with the mantle, I miss her darker, sexier, flirtier and blasé side. Hope it comes back soon and that they give her a costume that translates all of that plus her fashionista flair.

Any ideas on who the red dude is? That's the Marauders symbol on his chest isn't it?

He's Christian Frost, Emma's brother, no? I love him.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Someone mentioned possibly Brian in another thread. I thought Christian Frost but he's Emma's White Bishop, and Bishop seems likely to become Kate's Red Bishop.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

That cover was supposed to be for their trip to the Captain Britain Corps HQ of Starlight Citadel, so somebody on the forum floated the idea of an alternate Brian. That or Morgan's sent brainwashed-Brian after them.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi