Page 406 of 774 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Or this could also show that maybe there is a chance to get right and knowing the hurt and pain can’t be undone but maybe the relationship can start from somewhere small. There are examples of abusive parents wanting to try to be better to their abused children and that they owned up to their actions. Their should always be a chance at reconciliation if it comes from a place of honesty and humility.
    Where has this ever been an example? Abusive people don't try to be better. They pretend to be better for a new avenue for the same bs. That is a dangerous and very false idea.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They shouldn't be retconning her origin again, ever. The S.W.O.R.D. scene didn't even require it. Magneto just says, well, you may not be my biological daughter but I still think of you as my daughter (poor Lorna, did he ever say that to her when she wasn't his biological daughter?).

You could say the same thing for her being a mutant. Who cares where she got her X-gene? She was a mutant in every possible way that counted.

If there's one thing Wanda's fans agree on it's that we're tired of her getting new parental origin stories, and they don't need them. She's a mutant sorceress and she has several people who could be considered her parents in one way or another.
    Yeah, that's where I'm at right now. I think the latest S.W.O.R.D. issue is the perfect example of them pandering to the people who want the retcon undone (people were eating it up on social media), while also not committing to undoing anything so the Avengers Office can still keep a certain ownership of Wanda. I won't be surprised if this is how they'll portray their relationship going forward. I think most people who hated the retcon were partially afraid that this meant that Wanda was never going to cross paths with Erik ever again, but if they can find a balance there and give those fans something they can chew on from time to time, they'll probably ease up and the retcon won't seem like a big deal anymore.

I still think they should go with the explanation that Wanda subconsciously rewrote her own origin story at the height of her superpowered breakdown in AD/AOM, so when the world returned to normal after ''no more mutants'', she had also changed that part of herself as a way to cope with her own trauma. This way, both origins still exist and both are valid, and fans can interpret Wanda in any way they want, depending on what they prefer for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Except Magneto is not her family, by blood or emotional bond.
    Even if they restore the biological tie, then what? This is a person who had adoptive parents, and found home and love in Avengers.
    Seriously you don't see anything wrong with that? Being allowed the right to do whatever you want and get away with it and demand forgiveness just because you are the biological father, or worse just because you vaguely played the role of a patriach in some person's life.
    But he is it's canon he acknowledges her as his daughter & she accepts it so as far I'm concerned their family blood isn't what makes family.

Ultimate Member

Even if blood isn't family, has their relationship been good enough to try to revive?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Even if blood isn't family, has their relationship been good enough to try to revive?
    Fuck if I know, but facts are they trying to revive it & move forward so *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    But he is it's canon he acknowledges her as his daughter & she accepts it so as far I'm concerned their family blood isn't what makes family.
    Like I said, they have neither blood ties or emotional bond.

Why ?, because the High Evolutionary said so ?, let's see where the Trial of Magneto takes us.
    The retcon is about to be retconned.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

SWORD Showed otherwise for emotional & Blood does not make family *shrugs*

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Fuck if I know, but facts are they trying to revive it & move forward so *shrugs*
    I guess we'll see but seeing how the X-Men don't like her, Idk where this could go for her

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Where has this ever been an example? Abusive people don't try to be better. They pretend to be better for a new avenue for the same bs. That is a dangerous and very false idea.
    There are abusive people who do try to be better and make right with their victims and it’s the victims whether to keep them far way or honestly try. Yes there will be those who pretend that’s why trust should be slow and built up from small places. The abuser must prove that they are trying through actions. Magneto is trying and Wanda seems to slowly be giving him a chance hopefully this ends with the happiness Wanda deserves and is constantly denied.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 06-25-2021 at 06:25 AM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Ultimate Member

Yeah, Quicksilver was always the one pushing and pulling against Magneto.

Where has he been, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    There are abusive people who do try to be better and make right with their victims and it’s the victims whether to keep them far way or honestly try. Yes there will be those who pretend that’s why trust should be slow and built up from small places. The abuser must prove that they are trying through actions. Magneto is trying and Wanda seems to slowly be giving him a chance hopefully this ends with the happiness Wanda deserves and is constantly denied.
    What examples? Mind you I have real experience with abusive people and this is not the case. Ever. Abusers are abusers. They don't change.

These aren't people that make the occasional mistake. Abusers are manipulative.

The only solice victims do is what is for themselves. There is hardly ever a bridge back to the abuser.

Please don't romanticize abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Why ?, because the High Evolutionary said so ?, let's see where the Trial of Magneto takes us.
    The retcon is about to be retconned.
    It was good enough when Magneto said so. There's never been DNA testing either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Only in fan fiction and fan art.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What examples? Mind you I have real experience with abusive people and this is not the case. Ever. Abusers are abusers. They don't change.

These aren't people that make the occasional mistake. Abusers are manipulative.

The only solice victims do is what is for themselves. There is hardly ever a bridge back to the abuser.

Please don't romanticize abuse.
    Well as someone who's also experienced an abusive situation & made peace & even moved past that for the sake of family I gotta disagree people can change. Sorry for your situation but that's not the end all be all that's just your personal experience. I don't think dude was romantacizing it at all. I say all this to say not everyone handles shit the sameway.